The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help with SEO meta tags

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Guys I need some help. Recently I just started with some AM things and I want to try to get my website more noticed and I know some people use meta tags to put their keyword in so google can recognize it.

I use wordpress and put this on my post in the html format and not wysiwyg

<title> Jump Higher | Increase Vertical</title>
<meta name= "Description" content= "Dunker Prodigy reveals the jump higher or increase vertical programs. Look at the list of programs and find out which is the best for you to jump higher or increase vertical.">
<meta name= "Keywords" content= "Jump higher, increase vertical, how to increase vertical leap.">
<meta name="Robots" content="all">

And if i am not mistaken then the title tag should be Jump Higher | Increase vertical when i look at my website from google and not www.dunkerprodigy.com and the same for my description meta tag. Can anyone help me to fix this?

www.dunkerprodigy.com
Jan 16, 2011 ... Become a Freak V2. Price $77.00 (Basic Edition) $127.00(Delux Edition). Become a Freak is top notch, offering over 500 of literature and ...
dunkerprodigy.com/ - Cached

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
I don't think you can put the title-tag or the meta-tags into your Wordpress posts because these two things belong into the <head> section of an HTML file. But you don't wanna lose too much time on the keyword meta tags anway since they no longer have any influence on your Google ranking (Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking).

If you want to add a custom title and custom descriptions to each of your websites and much more you should check out the All in One SEO Pack - a really awesome plugin for Wordpress SEO.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
Go to admin --> settings ---> tagline That will change the title.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Flatlander. I have done the above and it still shows up the same on my google search results. Does it take time for the adjustments to show up on the google search page?

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Flatlander. I have done the above and it still shows up the same on my google search results. Does it take time for the adjustments to show up on the google search page?

Yeah, you need to wait for Google to scrape your site again. Which could be "a while" whatever that equates to. ;)

Is it showing up correctly if you're on your site? If so, just give it some time.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Yes i have installed the plugin already today. I guess i need to give it some time before the results are in

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
2 days ago, I realized Google changed my meta title in SERPS (What the!!). Never thought or wondered why Google did that if my site was relevant, etc. Still waiting on them, I guess this could be a long process since I was pissed off and made a insult remark "Google, I hope your not selling those keywords to your adword campaigners lol). Thought I'll share this in case someone might come across this.

I think someone already mentioned "All in One SEO Pack", great for meta title, etc. That should solve the problem

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yea you certainly need to give time to any search engine to re-index the changes. Fresh in-bound links will help the google bots flow over your site and make the changes to the index.

Also why is your title and tag line in the header image the same color as the image? You can't read half of what it says because it blends into the background.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Yeah I see that, and I did use the all in one seo pack and i even youtubed how to use it and still no use on the google description and title.

i guess i will just have to wait for it to be indexed even longer.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
check out the All in One SEO Pack - a really awesome plugin for Wordpress SEO.

dkt91,
Maybe you could do a new thread explaining how to use this plugin. I, and likely several others, would appreciate it.

Neon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 22, 2011

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Ok guys, well i checked my website again on google, and it looks like it finally got indexed with the right title and description tag since i made this thread

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.