The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need found but don't know how to execute

Bruno Lara

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 15, 2016
Brazil
Hey guys. maybe it is a silly question but I need some help.

I'm currently working for a 5 star hotel and I notice that their windows are lame. Everything else in the hotel is reeeeally clean but it's been a while that their windows are dirty and they don't seem to do something about it.
Well, thing is, windows are dirty and needs to be cleaned.

I was thinking about emailing them offering a window cleaning service and if everything goes well I hire a company to do it and I make some money out of it at some margin. But I don't know how to approach em through email. I want to make some money out of it and get a feeling of entrepreneurship in the real world cause I won't learn how to work in heights and get a licence to do it.

How would you guys do it? Should I create a dummy email offering this service like a B2B company? I call them and pretend that I don't work there and say that a guest told me that windows needed cleaning? This is weird cause I work there but it's a clear need that I wanted to make some money out of and keep my entrepreneurial mind sharpened.

Maybe I will be called action faker but eh, maybe not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
are there window cleaning service companies in your local? are there other hotels / buildings that need to be cleaned?

call the company and see if they would be interested in some leads.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
+1. It's a lead gen model. Try to send them an email. Then, a printed letter. Then, call them. Do not limit yourself with your hotel. Just try !

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
How would you guys do it? Should I create a dummy email offering this service like a B2B company? I call them and pretend that I don't work there and say that a guest told me that windows needed cleaning? This is weird cause I work there but it's a clear need that I wanted to make some money out of and keep my entrepreneurial mind sharpened.

Why are you talking about email and phone?! You work there. Go into the manager's office and talk to him/her face to face. Offer to bring a team to clean the windows at cost. It's called networking. It's how I got my first sale ever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Read a book :The secrete of Selling Anything by Harry Browne . (this books will help you finding ways to make an honest sell pitch to the hotel manager face to face). Reminder this books is not about those crappy sell pitch we learn in a salesmen training .
Dont go for emailing option . Talk to the manager directly . Use rules talked about in the book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.