The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice!!

Idea threads

sethkaminski

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 7, 2022
I'm 17 years old and am going to start creating my first website/business. I am sort of hung up on is whether I should first learn more about HTML, CSS, and java; or if I should sort of just go for it and learn through trial and error. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't know much about Java, but the way you learn HTML and CSS is by picking up a book or an online course, writing code, making a bunch of mistakes and fixing them. You're 17, treat it like a class. Study it. I'm sure there is someone in your school who is also interested in the subject. Reach out to them.

sethkaminski

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 7, 2022
I don't know much about Java, but the way you learn HTML and CSS is by picking up a book or an online course, writing code, making a bunch of mistakes and fixing them. You're 17, treat it like a class. Study it. I'm sure there is someone in your school who is also interested in the subject. Reach out to them.
Thank you man it means a lot. One more question though. If I already have most of the basics down of html and css, do you think I should try and learn Java or just stick with html and css for my website?

MEADigital

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 10, 2022
Dallas
I'm 17 years old and am going to start creating my first website/business. I am sort of hung up on is whether I should first learn more about HTML, CSS, and java; or if I should sort of just go for it and learn through trial and error. Thanks.
I would say just jump in and try out things by trial and error.

There's a great website for learning more about the specific coding languages you mentioned. Just google W3Schools. They have lots of free information and you can try out the code. I've used it for building basic HTML ads on craigslist.

A great resource especially if you're wanting to jump in and just go.

Best of luck
Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Thank you man it means a lot. One more question though. If I already have most of the basics down of html and css, do you think I should try and learn Java or just stick with html and css for my website?
Try to create a website on your own.

And then move onward and upward from there.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hello!

It's easier if You have already a project.

If You start coding just for the sake of it, You may find it boring and clueless.

If You convert the nergy You put into learning to code onto a project INSTEAD, then You can find practical application to it.

To know what business to start , study MJ books, and invest money in a mentorship program .

Hope that helps,
Davide

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!