The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Advice on Getting Advice

Joey Monarch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2018
Philadelphia
Hello everyone,

I am currently 20 years old and in college. Although I plan on finishing my education and getting my degree, I have no desire to actually work in the field, as I am an entrepreneur at heart. I read TMF and Unscripted and I have been coming up with business ideas ever since.

I came up with an idea that I feel as though is a game changer in the industry, it has the potential to positively change the lives of millions of people. I have been doing research on the market and how to execute it properly. Although I don't want to admit it, I honestly have no idea what I'm really doing. I want to go through with this business idea because if it works out, then I have made thousands if not millions of people lives better, if it fails then I learn and move onto the next business idea.

So the reason I am positing this is because I need help. First, I don't know how to even ask for help without telling you my entire business model. With most of you being entrepreneurs here looking for the next best thing, I cannot give away my idea as someone may steal it. So how do I ask for help without giving away my whole business???

If there is any advice you can give me it would be greatly appreciated. Although I am in college, I find that I have so much time on my hands and I am sick of wasting it! I'm here to create value and change peoples lives for the better and nothing will stop me. Once I change this business from paper to reality I will create a progress thread and do my best to update it regularly. Any advice at all will go a long way.

Best,
- Eric

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
What else are you going to do?
I mean there is literally no information to go off here
But why wouldn't you start? Like honestly what are you doing?
Go sell somebody on your idea, in any form
Or build the, well whatever your idea is
and sell that

I mean what??

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Start a progress thread.

You can tell parts of the business idea, but you'd still be leaving out key points such as your market. Or, you could say that you're serving a market but leaving out the actual product or service.

You don't have to tell everything. Don't tell everything. Just the key points that help people help you, but nothing that will allow forum members to compete with you.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Although I don't want to admit it, I honestly have no idea what I'm really doing.

Welcome to the club. We're honored to have you.
So the reason I am positing this is because I need help. First, I don't know how to even ask for help without telling you my entire business model.

I am kind of different to most people here who keep their businesses and business ideas close to the chest.

I believe in being open and letting people know your model and your challenges so that they can help you.

Ripping off ideas is not so easy. It's all about execution. If your business is so simple and easy that someone simply needs to copy/paste what you're doing to succeed, then your business doesn't really have strong legs anyway.

So, in other words, I encourage you to share. But if you're still not comfortable, share it with select people on the forum here, or other people you network with in person.

Joey Monarch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2018
Philadelphia
What else are you going to do?
I mean there is literally no information to go off here
But why wouldn't you start? Like honestly what are you doing?
Go sell somebody on your idea, in any form
Or build the, well whatever your idea is
and sell that

I mean what??

I understand how vague it was, I will start a progress thread with more detail.

Joey Monarch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2018
Philadelphia
Start a progress thread.

You can tell parts of the business idea, but you'd still be leaving out key points such as your market. Or, you could say that you're serving a market but leaving out the actual product or service.

You don't have to tell everything. Don't tell everything. Just the key points that help people help you, but nothing that will allow forum members to compete with you.

Thanks for the response, I'm going to start a progress thread with as much detail as I can give without giving too much away.

Joey Monarch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2018
Philadelphia
Welcome to the club. We're honored to have you.

I am kind of different to most people here who keep their businesses and business ideas close to the chest.

I believe in being open and letting people know your model and your challenges so that they can help you.

Ripping off ideas is not so easy. It's all about execution. If your business is so simple and easy that someone simply needs to copy/paste what you're doing to succeed, then your business doesn't really have strong legs anyway.

So, in other words, I encourage you to share. But if you're still not comfortable, share it with select people on the forum here, or other people you network with in person.

Thank you

Mitch carson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 28, 2018
Sylhet, Bangladesh
well. it seems tough to give you some ideas to without your business idea.

I guest you want promote your business and you are not getting ideas that how you can do that.
May be I am right?

Let me tell you some tips:

As you are just starting then follow bellow steps:

• Make Good looking profile in Top 10 social media site.
  • Make a list of people occupations whom you are looking for
  • Save their possible every contact information
  • Be clear your targeted audience
  • Update every account in daily basis
  • Keep inform people something interesting
  • Try to engage them
  • Make Good professional relationship with them etc

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics