The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Natural Hair / Skin Care Products Store

Stayer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
A little bit of the background. A year ago I have done a web site for my hair dresser, the owner of a Beauty Saloon with nearly 10 years of industry experience, who 2 years ago started his new venture of selling professional Natural Hair Care products to general public here in Melbourne, Australia. He is a sole owner of local distribution rights for several lines of beauty hair / skin products. Currently the products are being exported from Israel at a cost of $5-10 per bottle with a selling price of $50.

He knows I do affiliate marketing for many years and can make web sites, so he proposed me a deal.

Since he is busy with his Hair Saloon, wholeselling products to other Hair Saloons by himself while looking for reputable sales representatives, he wants me to operate an online store selling his products. Basically, I will be responsible for online presence of his products, while he takes care of offline stuff that include import, shipment, etc.

The guy is commited to making his products nationally recognized. He goes to Industry Shows, receives features in Australian Hairdressing Journal, endorsments from Industry celebrities like Patrick Cameron, etc.

Does this partnership make any sense and how much % of sales should I ask for? Tomorrow we agreed to discuss it.

At the very least, to me it looks like a basic dropshipping scheme.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I would suggest that you set up your own online store and sell his products, ask him to sign an exclusivity agreement that he will only sell his products online through you or his own site. You could then sell other (maybe non-competing, if that's the only way he'll agree to it) skin/hair care products through your site.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Sounds like a great deal to me.

My idea:
Ask him to set a price for you, no minimum quantity orders. You sell at a slight discount from retail price, and keep the profit.

ntapia, was gonna give you more rep++ but recently did in another thread... I owe you one.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I would suggest that you set up your own online store and sell his products, ask him to sign an exclusivity agreement that he will only sell his products online through you or his own site. You could then sell other (maybe non-competing, if that's the only way he'll agree to it) skin/hair care products through your site.

Print this out and paste it on the wall!

THIS is the perfect way to do it in my opinion.

DO NOT do the deal he has outlined for you it is HORRIBLE for you.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
I'm looking into the same business. Let's get in touch if this works out for both of us.

Stayer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for your replies,

The product has suppliers in other countries, US for example, and is still available online through other sellers. So, it is difficult to get exclusivity. I can only sell exclusively in Australia as other suppliers have no right to deliver to Australia.

My idea:
Ask him to set a price for you, no minimum quantity orders. You sell at a slight discount from retail price, and keep the profit.

That's what we agreed on. He sells me products for a wholesale price, eg. $13.60 on $30 bottle, and allows me to drop the price by 10-20% from the retail. This way I get my 50% (His initial offer was 20) and moderate control over the price.

The problem appeared in $10 Shipping Cost, which he agreed to cover on orders of $100 or more, otherwise, he would make a loss if only 1 bottle is ordered.

I agreed to accept the deal and update you on how I go, verial.

Stayer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Here's the progress Naturalian.com, Professional Body And Hair Care Products!. Any feedback much appreciated!

also, the terms we agreed on are as following -

1. I receive 50% from each order (Shipping Cost excluded).
2. I add $10 Shipping Cost to orders amounted to $99 or less.
3. HE covers the Shipping Cost on orders amounted to $100 or more.
4. I’m allowed to drop the price by up to 10% off the agreed retail price (up to 20% on certain products).
5. HE agrees to Ship Products in a timely manner. (timeframe not defined yet).
6. HE handles replacements and refunds in a timely manner. (timeframe not defined yet)
7. HE places no limitations on the amount of products sold.
8. I reserve the right to advertise to my customers. (eg. brochures/flyers put into the shipping package should have Naturalian web site address on them).
9. I reserve the right to advertise 3rd party products (excluding competing products).
10. I agree NOT to sell competing products to HIS products.
11. I am responsible for the operation of Naturalian web site.
12. I handle online customers' inquiries regarding his products.

Stayer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
in the thread I mention that I was supplied with a list of hairdressers who might be interested in buying the product. working on email copy right now.

any tips on the email copy will be appreciated, since I have almost no experience with the emailing -

Subject: [Naturalian] Hair Professionals Price List

Dear John,

My name is Igor and I am writing to you on behalf of online store for hair professionals Naturalian.com

We are the sole online representative of all-natural hair care products of Hairkop and Saryna Key brands that you expressed your interest in before.

Please use the following details to access the page with special prices for hair dressers and hair product disctributors -

Login : Naturalian.com, Professional Body And Hair Care Products!

username: john.colins
password: D5tK7l9

For questions, simply reply to this email.

Yours sincerely,

Igor from Naturalian

isn't it too up front that I create account for each one? should I tell more about my store / why we email them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.