The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Why. My Meaning and Purpose.

HIGHLIFESIPPER

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
Hello all,

Thank you Moderators for allowing me access. I appreciate the opportunity. I appreciate everyone’s time. Thank you.

My Meaning and Purpose are rooted in selfishness. That’s all for now. I just wanted to get that out.

- Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And what were you hoping to achieve with such a selfish intro? :playful:

HIGHLIFESIPPER

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
And what were you hoping to achieve with such a selfish intro? :playful:
Hi MJ,

I achieved it. I simply needed to get that thought out of my head. I wanted to memorialize that simple thought because it popped out of my head while thinking about defining my meaning and purpose. I had just finished reading CH28 of Unscripted and simultaneously decided to register with the forum. So I decided my introduction to the forum would be a statement of my meaning and purpose.

When I was thinking about my meaning and purpose the first thing that actually came to my mind was “I want control”. Sounded selfish to me, but it’s true. I want total control of my time. I want it all to be mine, and it’s the reason why I started reading Unscripted .

My life changed 3 years ago and since then I started studying personal development. At the time I just wanted a better life. Later I learned about the value of time.

My first action towards a better life was developing a system for paying my bills on time. I created a list of all my expenses and it turned into a monthly budget and I was able to identify my debt. So I started attacking it. I stopped contributing to my 401k and got out of debt except for the house. I saved an emergency fund and went back to contributing to my 401K and finally rolled over an old 401k into a traditional and Roth IRA and set the money on index funds. Then I stared to study retiring early and decided to start investing in real estate. I’ve chosen the short term rental strategy. I realized that owning a short term rental property means you are in the hospitality business. So I started to think about it like a business and not just an investment.

I started studyimg business and entrepreneurship and Unscripted is my current read. I like it. Thank you for writing it.

Anyways….I still don’t feel like I’ve found my meaning and purpose and I know I haven’t hit my FTE.

I am performing action items everyday that will lead to the launch of my first short term rental, but I don’t feel that it’s backed with a red hot meaning and purpose.

Just came to me. Fear. Fear is a part of my meaning and purpose. Fear that I will be a slave to someone else’s desires and dreams and not my own. Wow….admitting that feels pretty good.

I’m grateful that I can be a part of the forum. Thanks again - Mike

HIGHLIFESIPPER

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
My Meaning and Purpose:
1. Autonomy
2. Be a role model to my kids (born 1998 and 2003)
3. Work hard to make my dreams and desires a reality rather then someone else’s.

My Why (dreams and desires):
Travel the world with my family and friends following the musicians and artists that we love. (More often)

My goals:
  • Own and operate a portfolio of short term rental (STR) properties. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • 2040 - $10M net worth, (200) doors. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • 2030 - $5M net worth, (100) doors. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • 2026 - $2M net worth, (20) doors, no W2 and location independence. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • 2023 to 2026 - Doors 3 through 19. Through out this 3 year period I will incrementally offset a W2 income with income from my business. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • Spring 2023 - STR #2 launch and operate remotely. Offset 10% of my W2 income with my business income. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • Fall 2022 -Perfect my systems and processes for my 1st STR and provide exceptional value to my customers. Continue to build my customer base and work to move all bookings through my website. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • June 2022 - Launch and operate my first STR with a concentration on exceptional differentiating value and systems that will take me out of the business operations upon launching my 2nd STR. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • May 2022 - Project manage the building of my 1st STR which is 430SF of my primary residence. Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.
  • Currently…..My first STR is 35% complete. Backyard Privavy fence 100% complete. New HVAC 100%complete, Renovations 10% complete, Furniture and decor 65% complete, Security 30% complete, secure cleaners, secure maintenance personnel, amenities, integrate listing into platform (AirBNB, VRBO, Booking.com, gypsy nurses.com, furnished finder.com, etc.). Never stop learning and remembering to live my dreams.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...