The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My (walker) story

Channing

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 17, 2019
Lugano, Switzerland
Good morning to all the guys of the Forum!
This is my story:
I am a 26 year old boy (almost 27), of Swiss and Dominican origin, I live in Switzerland and I was born and raised here. I speak English, Italian and Spanish.
After doing compulsory schooling, I worked a couple of years as an electrician and then quit because I didn't like the job.
After this, I did an apprenticeship as a salesman in a store getting my diploma.
After this diploma I carried out the military (up to sergeant) for 9 months, because, as perhaps some of you will know, the military here is obligatory (yes, we have an army even being neutral).
After the military I was hired by an insurance company as a financial consultant. It went well until I finished my circle of knowledge (for about a year). I made enemy choices of wealth at that time, like taking a car to lease and being a slave to my lifestyle, spending too much. As if money were infinite. This led me to excessive indebtedness for my young age. Having later discovered a book on the wealth of an Italian writer, Alfio Bardolla (Money makes happiness), I realized that I had to change course.
Trying to get back up, after leaving the job as a consultant, I started my "career" in network marketing for herbalife. Obviously I still didn't know what the fastlane was.
After failing in that area (after about a year) I thought that to have a chance I would, I know now, necessarily "increase my intrinsic value". So I did a business maturity, and now I find myself at university studying business administration. But I always thought "there was more".
So I found MJ's book, searching on google, which enlightened me. Now I know how you can travel on Fastlane, and my studies seem a waste of time. I know I should leave school but I'm afraid. I also don't sleep at night to understand how I could create something of value to improve the lives of millions of people.
I know there's my way out there. I'll get there and I'll do it..

It is a pleasure to be part of this forum and have the opportunity to grow with you.
Thank you
CM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Welcome.

I am a financial consultant with an Insurance firm in Singapore.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to forum - this place is a wealth of knowledge and full of like minded people. I'm still working my way through the threads. So my recommendation is start reading.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe! We're all on a journey, stumbling forward. :)

If you're thinking of leaving school, something to consider is that you might learn some useful things--for example, accounting principles--or make valuable connections to and/or through other students, professors, etc. There might also be opportunities for you to start a business (and earn course credit for it) & get funding for it, since lots of business schools have competitions where they award money to the winners. So, school could be a stepping stone on your path forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Channing

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 17, 2019
Lugano, Switzerland
Welcome to the tribe! We're all on a journey, stumbling forward. :)

If you're thinking of leaving school, something to consider is that you might learn some useful things--for example, accounting principles--or make valuable connections to and/or through other students, professors, etc. There might also be opportunities for you to start a business (and earn course credit for it) & get funding for it, since lots of business schools have competitions where they award money to the winners. So, school could be a stepping stone on your path forward.
Yes, thank you!
This is what I'm going to do:
move to part-time at university. In the meantime I'm doing courses on Umedy for web development and application development.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...