The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO My (walker) story

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Channing

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Mar 17, 2019
Lugano, Switzerland
Good morning to all the guys of the Forum!
This is my story:
I am a 26 year old boy (almost 27), of Swiss and Dominican origin, I live in Switzerland and I was born and raised here. I speak English, Italian and Spanish.
After doing compulsory schooling, I worked a couple of years as an electrician and then quit because I didn't like the job.
After this, I did an apprenticeship as a salesman in a store getting my diploma.
After this diploma I carried out the military (up to sergeant) for 9 months, because, as perhaps some of you will know, the military here is obligatory (yes, we have an army even being neutral).
After the military I was hired by an insurance company as a financial consultant. It went well until I finished my circle of knowledge (for about a year). I made enemy choices of wealth at that time, like taking a car to lease and being a slave to my lifestyle, spending too much. As if money were infinite. This led me to excessive indebtedness for my young age. Having later discovered a book on the wealth of an Italian writer, Alfio Bardolla (Money makes happiness), I realized that I had to change course.
Trying to get back up, after leaving the job as a consultant, I started my "career" in network marketing for herbalife. Obviously I still didn't know what the fastlane was.
After failing in that area (after about a year) I thought that to have a chance I would, I know now, necessarily "increase my intrinsic value". So I did a business maturity, and now I find myself at university studying business administration. But I always thought "there was more".
So I found MJ's book, searching on google, which enlightened me. Now I know how you can travel on Fastlane, and my studies seem a waste of time. I know I should leave school but I'm afraid. I also don't sleep at night to understand how I could create something of value to improve the lives of millions of people.
I know there's my way out there. I'll get there and I'll do it..

It is a pleasure to be part of this forum and have the opportunity to grow with you.
Thank you
CM

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to forum - this place is a wealth of knowledge and full of like minded people. I'm still working my way through the threads. So my recommendation is start reading.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe! We're all on a journey, stumbling forward. :)

If you're thinking of leaving school, something to consider is that you might learn some useful things--for example, accounting principles--or make valuable connections to and/or through other students, professors, etc. There might also be opportunities for you to start a business (and earn course credit for it) & get funding for it, since lots of business schools have competitions where they award money to the winners. So, school could be a stepping stone on your path forward.

OP
OP
Channing

Channing

New Contributor
Mar 17, 2019
Lugano, Switzerland
Welcome to the tribe! We're all on a journey, stumbling forward. :)

If you're thinking of leaving school, something to consider is that you might learn some useful things--for example, accounting principles--or make valuable connections to and/or through other students, professors, etc. There might also be opportunities for you to start a business (and earn course credit for it) & get funding for it, since lots of business schools have competitions where they award money to the winners. So, school could be a stepping stone on your path forward.
Yes, thank you!
This is what I'm going to do:
move to part-time at university. In the meantime I'm doing courses on Umedy for web development and application development.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom