The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My road to consulting/coaching business for dentists

Alex Rend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 21, 2013
Paris, France
Finally I became bold to start this progress thread, where I will put my notes on building consulting business for dentists from the scratch.

It's took me a long time before I finally decided to bring it on. Probably because I'm afraid to be reputed like a some chatterbox who just talks, but don't do. That's because of my chronic laziness and fear that it'll ends like my past business ventures.

You will find my introduction and piece of story here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/47978-hello-paris-stucked-my-life.html. Shortly: 24 yrs old, 0 of income and year of free time - if I can't build some good stream of income, I'll back to my work as a dentist and will put my hands in mouthes of people (and I HATE it).

So let's begin...

So why coaching/consulting business for dentists? There are some reasons:
- I'm a dentist (by my diploma), so I know things about dentistry, have same vocabulary and know how it's functioning.
- I have some understanding of problems, needs and mindset of dentists in my countries (I will start business for 2 countries in eastern Europe, because I know these languages well)
- I have a success models, who I can copy - the best students of Dan Kennedy who do same thing and make millions of money yearly.
- In my countries nobody does well in that niche. There are only some MBA-suit-guys who sells "workshop" and just talks "me-me-me, I'm the best, I have degree in e-mail marketing, SEO, SMM, SMBSHBVJS and million other things". So having a powerful weapons in my arsenal like DK and other things that we have at TV will make a difference.

I've got everything I cound find from Dan Kennedy, Eben Pagan, Frank Kern and other gutus. And now I have a lot of material, now I'm really overwhelmed with all of this information. So this thread is my attempt to bring some fresh eyes on my actions - I know that there are many people with a good experience in consulting, so somebody can put a good advice here and notice things I doing wrong. And maybe I find someone who wants to do same (some mastermind) or inspire somebody with my results (I hope so).

After 3 months of doing nothing but studying I'm really overwhelmed. So now I decided to focus on one course as a foundation for attracting clients (Perry Marshall's Consulting Accelerator Blueprint) and finally do things wrong, but DO!

Maybe Perry isn't a good choice. In this course it's mostly PPC consultants, not a coaching model like DK, but it's only thing with step-by-step plan for attracting clients, and this is thing that I need. And I can sold not only PPC.

My action plan:
- take some actions with Perry Marshall's course
- going through Adwords Bootcamp from Perry. It's fast lead-generation, that I can do for my future clients, fast results that I can provide for them. And I'm really a zero in PPC-things.
- write front-end report for dentists and put it for opt-in
- advertise this opt-in page with FB ads (good targeting)
- after opt-in trying to sell first step of coaching - silver mastermind for 97$/month (or free coaching session with selling high-end coaching, 1000$/month, didn't decide yet what is better).

I will try to put some notes here every 1-3 days, so I'll take over my procrastination :)

If you have some comments or advices for this, I will highly appreciate it.

And wish me a luck :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

JudoTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 3, 2013
Scranton PA
Good Luck.

I would make a plan to test other forms of advertising. Facebook is good but you should test other ways as well. I get much better ROI on google. My 'guess' is that when people look for stuff like 'getting in shape' on google they are more willing and ready to pay money to solve the problem vs when they are on facebook chatting, posting pics, etc etc

Alex Rend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 21, 2013
Paris, France
Good Luck.

I would make a plan to test other forms of advertising. Facebook is good but you should test other ways as well. I get much better ROI on google. My 'guess' is that when people look for stuff like 'getting in shape' on google they are more willing and ready to pay money to solve the problem vs when they are on facebook chatting, posting pics, etc etc

Thanks! I didn't mention, but I'm not planning to advertise only at Facebook - it's just a first step, but simultaneously I want to buy advertise at some dental magazines. And PPC of course :)

Alex
Check out this interview - this guy is KILLING it with the exact model your attempting..... a lot of good info!!!!

http:// How Graig Presti Grew His Local Marketing Agency to 7 Figures In His First Year - The Bright Ideas Podcast | Content Marketing | Marketing Automation

I'm looking at doing the same model in a diff niche ... keep us updated.

Maaaan... This is AMAZING piece of value. I didn't know about that guy before, but he really talks about ALL his funnel and where to start - take a BIIIIG value from it. Thanks you a lot!

Actually I don't want to do same things like this guy - he sell PPC and SEO mostly, done for you services give him big money. I'm totally zero in SEO and not so good in PPC. My consulting will be mostly a coaching business - info-products, mastermind groups, membership sites (for continuity) and high-end consulting. Educational marketing, newsletters, direct-mail, UTPs, advices for more referrals - that can bring a lot money for my dental clients.

But that interview still has a lot of value and gave me at least ten insights what I need to do. I think it will be useful for everybody who are going into consulting or internet services business.

If you can tell me more about your niche, I think I can help you with materials, because I have really a big library of consulting things here :)
-------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Working on my free report. It was a tough days because I have a lot of information that I wanted to bring in my report. Maybe I'm not totally zero in dental marketing :) When I started to write a report I realized that it will be a really big book (that I'm planning to do later). So I started from other side - what message I want to provide through that free report for my clients? It turned into a good plan for report. So after day of work I have a plan and 20% of that report.

Bad news - today and Friday won't have a good circumstances for a focusing on work, and at Saturday I need to go to Poland. So there will not be a fast work, but I still have my netbook with me, right?.. Show must go on :)

Alex Rend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 21, 2013
Paris, France
I don't want this thread to be unfinished like couple of others.

I want you to get some lessons from this. I need to get some lessons also.

Last reply was 25 weeks ago - since then I did nothing. I procrastinated, I read all material, I downloaded a lot of great products. Now I know more than ever before. I finally understand all things by Dan Kennedy and other marketing guys. I even can teach this stuff at some university, I swear!

But 25 weeks of doing nothing, just being in a comfort zone of "learning"... I mean, 25 weeks since last reply to this thread - actually I did nothing much longer.

And now I am totally broke. Zero. Nada. My girlfriend works for both of us and crying because of no vacation in near future, her tiredness and no backup by me. Yesterday I wanted to go away, because I want her to be happy. She didn't accept, she loves me. She wants to be with me, but also she wants me to provide for our family.

I am depressed like I was never before. I drink more than ever before. And all of this because of my chronic procrastination. Because of my fear of uncertainty, of discomfort.

Last time I downloaded Tony Robbins stuff and it helped a little bit. I need to immerse myself into it and start doing a things. It will help me emotionally.

At results level I'm starting Earn1K course by Ramit, some of you know him (like an e-mail and autoresponder marketing consultant - that's where I'm a little bit an expert - at least more than other niches). And I still have 3000 of cold subscribers for my self-help blog (me and self-help - what an irony!). I will do some webinar for them and try to sell some product. I hope I will earn some cash. Even 1-3 sales will loose the noose around my neck a little bit.

I think my story is the best case study of what NOT to do. Just remember - if you're in comfort zone and logically know that you're going a wrong direction, one day you will wake up and notice that you're at the rock bottom. And that will be very painful. More painful than taking action now. That's ultimate price for fear and procrastination.

I don't know if I will write about my baby steps out of that deep in my life. I don't know if anybody will be interested here, because I honesty think that some success stories, some inspirational stories will be more appropriate at this community.

But maybe my story will help at least one person to start implement some Fastlane knowledge that we all have here.

Thanks.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Dude....you have a list. That's the hardest part!

MONETIZE! Look up Co-regs. There are people with products that are looking for email list to sell to. All you have to do is send out an email for them, selling their product, and you will get paid.

We've all been there, but you gotta stop thinking about right now, it's all temporary. Just spend 10 hours daily looking for products to sell on to you list, on craigslist, on advertising products on your blog. 10 hours daily x 30 days = Life changed in a month. Focus on selling something...anything. Just do it.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
[Stop reading and going thru courses. It's causing analysis paralysis.]

If you're not willing to get out there and hustle your balls off, grind out 18 hour days 7 days a week and make something - anything work you need to get a job or go back to dentistry.

1milclub

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jan 27, 2014
US
I've got everything I cound find from Dan Kennedy, Eben Pagan, Frank Kern and other gutus.

now I decided to focus on one course as a foundation for attracting clients (Perry Marshall's Consulting Accelerator Blueprint)

Maybe Perry isn't a good choice.

Did you take all of these courses?

And now I am totally broke. Zero.

At results level I'm starting Earn1K course

if you are broke, why are you even spending 1k on another course?

Overall dude - you have learned enough - now put it in action. Forget spending for courses, and start thinking to earn as without action, all of these course and knowledge you might have is useless.

You have a plan (read your first post). Follow it.

Dennis Steenoven

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 2, 2014
Thanks for sharing all this!
From the stuff you selected, I think Eben Pagan's stuff is quite good. analysis paralysis can happen easily, experienced it myself too, especially since the programs are designed that way (giving you more value than you expect and can consume for that matter). Once you hit a wall while doing... lookup some of that stuff again, and get to the next level.

Could you share a bit about the mindset of dentists?
What are their biggest problems / frustrations?
And if you know, what are their biggest frustrations in hiring dentists for owners of practices?
I've been interested in this business for a while.

Cybria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
Accra, Ghana
If I may offer an idea? Which may or may not be helpful, but I saw the title of this thread and thought I would throw it out there.

There is an app called TempDaddy that connects dental offices who are short on staff with temporary employees. The app alerts an applicant when there is a position open in their area, they apply to it, and if the dental office likes them, they approve through the app, and tell the applicant to come and start work. The company is just getting off the ground, so currently the service is only available in the Boston, Massachusetts area. Having applied for tons of temp jobs before, I think it's a brilliant idea.

Perhaps you could somehow integrate something like this into your service? Or create such an app to get publicity for your consulting.

Just a thought!

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Dude....you have a list. That's the hardest part!

MONETIZE! Look up Co-regs. There are people with products that are looking for email list to sell to. All you have to do is send out an email for them, selling their product, and you will get paid.

We've all been there, but you gotta stop thinking about right now, it's all temporary. Just spend 10 hours daily looking for products to sell on to you list, on craigslist, on advertising products on your blog. 10 hours daily x 30 days = Life changed in a month. Focus on selling something...anything. Just do it.

What is the minimum number your list needs to be, to start monetizing it ?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
What is the minimum number your list needs to be, to start monetizing it ?

Whenever you decide it's worth it. There are multiple ways to monetize a list, you could rent it out, find a list-broker who will rent it out for you, sell them your own product, sell them an affiliate product.

To rent it out or have someone pay you to send a sponsored email, you'd probably need a larger number, atleast 5-10K+ to even get interest, to sell your own product, could be just 100 people.

If your not building a list or monetizing it, your leaving alot of money on the table.

Customers who've bought from you once are 10x more likely to buy from you again compared to cold traffic.

Still something I've got to work on.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Whenever you decide it's worth it. There are multiple ways to monetize a list, you could rent it out, find a list-broker who will rent it out for you, sell them your own product, sell them an affiliate product.

To rent it out or have someone pay you to send a sponsored email, you'd probably need a larger number, atleast 5-10K+ to even get interest, to sell your own product, could be just 100 people.

If your not building a list or monetizing it, your leaving alot of money on the table.

Customers who've bought from you once are 10x more likely to buy from you again compared to cold traffic.

Still something I've got to work on.

I most definitely agree on list building. I am always happy to see multiple sign-ups throughout the day! I am pleased to have incredible sign-ups only through social media and blogging. I am currently building it and each person takes me closer to my goal! I am not really a cold traffic person, I like having a good relationship with the list, first. I have my own info-products that I send out and I close well. I will look into ClickBank for the affiliate products that will help me on that, thank you!

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics