The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Reward ( the doggy thread)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
My reward for exceeding my goals this year. I wanted to buy my own residence and ended up buying 4 total (mine included).

He is a 1 yr 3 month old Blue Healer mix named Windell. House trained, knows several commands and has a very friendly demeanor. Couple kids ran up to him today at Petsmart and he sniffed and licked their hands. His last owners obviously took great care of him, but they couldn't keep him away from their cats. Cats don't like to be herded....who knew! Amazingly calm indoors for an Australian Cattle dog. Although I let him loose in the backyard a bit and he got to stretch his legs. He has three good legs and one that has no ball joint near the hip, but that sure doesn't phase him. He certainly rounded me up.

I picked him up from the Denver Dumb Friends League An outstanding shelter in our area.

Windell003-1.jpg

Windell002.jpg

Windell001.jpg

Let's see your Pups

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
Congrats on a great buddy! We had (mom still has) a blue heeler mix...THE smartest dog I've ever encountered. He would literally lay in the front yard and watch dogs get walked down the street (barking their heads off), and just sit there. No leash.

I remember teaching him to stay...he got it down fast. I'd cross a street after telling him to stay, look at him for a minute or two and he'd sit there until I told him to come across. He even would stay put if I put a treat right in front of him on the ground and walk away with my back turned. No movement until I said "get it!"

Congrats on the houses as well! :)

- John

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I've been meaning to make a thread like this for a while...thanks for beating me to it!

That is one handsome young man you've got there!

This is my Golden Retriever, Misty. She's about six, but she still has to be confined to the kitchen because as smart as she is, she can't seem to keep herself away from anything on the ground. Okay, maybe she's just not that smart...

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Golden retrievers make great pets. Smart and very friendly. I almost picked one up, but she had a buddy there and I didn't want to separate them.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Oh, you know people can't resist posting doggy pics!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
No pup yet, but Adi wants a yellow lab and I want a Husky... both are great dogs, but hair is an issue, one of my co-workers suggested a labra-doodle, I guess it's a lab/poodle mix and has the demeanor/looks of a lab and doesn't shed :coolgleamA:

BTW Ryan my godfather had a golden and it was an awesome dog- well behaved and fun to be around!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
All good looking dogs. German shepard, two golden retrievers, and jscott is that a border collie pup?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Not a bad mix of breeds.

Some great pics. I love the pic of the German Shepard after he's been playing in the mud. How do you get mad at a face like that. Also the golden retriever on his back with the devil face.

Took mine to the dog park yesterday. That has to be one of the coolest ideas. Its a blast watching 50 dogs go into full sprints.I'm not sure about the butt smelling ritual though. I wonder what there saying to each other. "Hmm smells like you had Kibbles and bits for breakfast and do I detect a bit of beggin strips in there. Good choice." :smilielol:

Keep the pics coming.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
We just recently rescued our pup "Dingo". The dated picture was the day after we got him. The first two, I just took, minutes ago. Dingo is a blue heeler mix. One of Dana's friends found him abandoned on a busy highway near the Indian reservation. We were told by the vet that the local's in that area often abandon any dog that has any black as they believe the black makes the dogs "bad". He has totally become part of the family and as many others have stated is a really smart dog... very energetic and mischievous but smart, nonetheless.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Just brought the girls home today...

They still need names.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Very cool Sonya. Where did you pick them up?

JScott - - He's finally adjusting to the house a bit now. The first week was a bit rough. My carpet cleaner got some good work. I have a 8x10 rug that became the new place to go. All is better now though. He had some sort of bug too. Thankfully Alameda East Vet clinic(The same one on Animal Planet) is less then 3/4 a mile away. Actually the closest vet to me. They gave him some pills and he's good to go.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
OK, first came BeeBee, a Cavalier King Charles / Cocker Spaniel mix, who is now 4. She was an only "child", so I gave her a friend for Halloween:

BeeBeeAngelHalloween.jpg

Then she met Bandit (AKA "BIG Boy", my dad's Cav whom we've since inherited, who is the only purebred, but by far the largest. Ironic since Cav's are like toy Cockers! Right!):

IMG_0344.jpg

and gave us Bailey, here with mom as a puppy:

BeeBeeBailey.jpg

and now, all grown up, with my hubby:

IMG_0199.jpg

Last edited:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
This is my girl Dottie. She's a 15 year-old mix of God knows what. ...In this pic she is sleeping so soundly after a long walk her mouth is open. So cute. :)

LAbull

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 22, 2007
SoCal
Just out of the oven and preparing to guard the house:

:talktothehand:"Huston" aka the bullet dodger.
Soon to be our very own French Bulldog (Waiting on breeder to give us 100% green light on "adoption")
3213794680_49e2e41e6e.jpg

Our current guard dog:

:pissed:Lenny-3 Year old Brussels Griffon:

Lenny the Killah->

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content