The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make Reward The Effort: How To Motivate Yourself

Anything related to matters of the mind

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I have been following Professor Huberman for a short while, I've found his advice has been good for my attention problems. Anyway just wanted to share this snippet from his podcast, whereby he gives some pretty counterintuitive advice about motivation.

Andrew Huberman is an American neuroscientist and associate professor in the Department of Neurobiology at the Stanford University School of Medicine who has made many contributions to the brain development, brain plasticity, and neural regeneration and repair fields.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzakqerPUw

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This is why I'll stay up to 3am "working" and my girlfriend gets all pissed I never came to bed. The work I do does not feel like work. I feel like I'm running around grabbing buckets to set out and catch all the raining money. It feels like work if you would call running down to claim your winning lottery ticket "work". I never really considered that there was a benefit to it, but it makes sense that I can sit down and work for 12 hours and be mad I have to stop. People ask what I did that day and I feel like I didn't do anything and was on vacation so I've always just shrugged and said "not much just took it easy today" while I did a bunch of stuff and will stay up past midnight working.

It's very important to setup your business in a way that let's you do the stuff that's important, easy for you, and enjoyable so that you can do lots of it and keep doing it forever if needed. Or at least to trick yourself into thinking it's what you like to do.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This is why I'll stay up to 3am "working" and my girlfriend gets all pissed I never came to bed. The work I do does not feel like work. I feel like I'm running around grabbing buckets to set out and catch all the raining money. It feels like work if you would call running down to claim your winning lottery ticket "work". I never really considered that there was a benefit to it, but it makes sense that I can sit down and work for 12 hours and be mad I have to stop. People ask what I did that day and I feel like I didn't do anything and was on vacation so I've always just shrugged and said "not much just took it easy today" while I did a bunch of stuff and will stay up past midnight working.

It's very important to setup your business in a way that let's you do the stuff that's important, easy for you, and enjoyable so that you can do lots of it and keep doing it forever if needed. Or at least to trick yourself into thinking it's what you like to do.

100%.

And it doesn't have to feel like a passion. It just has to feel like some kind of a game.

For me personally, I need to track numbers and have a business that works purely off math. If there's any guesswork or luck involved, it does tend to feel like work.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
He does deliver good Info! Good Contents! (y)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Hormozi admitted in one of his videos that some of the best advice that he received was (slightly paraphrasing): 'when things get easy, that's when you floor it'. Things could always change and stop working, so you've gotta take advantage while they are.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

If you get to this relationship with work, that's freedom as far as I'm concerned. Great post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.