The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

**My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Anything related to investing, including crypto
Status
Not open for further replies.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
How much of your company are you giving up for 14k?

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
My time is very valuable, so the fact that I take time to reply to you means I do actually care about your success on some level.

I'm going to quote you on exactly where you need to be more humble and honest. If you threw that pitch up on Kickstarter, people would think the exact same things I'm thinking right now.

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state.
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job."

BS btw, unless you're skipping class. Also you must consider eating, showering, doing dishes, doing laundry work, otherwise that time schedule just doesn't work out.

It's not the thread or the idea that makes it controversial, it's your attitude. I'm not saying this to be an a**hole, I'm saying this because it's honestly what you need to hear to be successful.

I understand what your trying to say with these quotes:

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state.
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job."

I see that the first line seems vain, but what my logical title of status would be called is 'local celebrity' and that is what people call me. Trust me, I didn't chose to give myself that title, there's just nothing else to describe it.

The second line is true, because I am not only the first of my kind, but a pioneer for generations of performers to come. What I am doing is almost as big as becoming the first famous DJ in the world.

The last part you called BS on, I am a college student, but as I said in my original post I took a semester off to do this. This is why I am able to work so hard. All I do is eat sometimes while I work, and hit the gym for 2 hours a day in between and the dance studio at 4 am on weekends. Those are the only times I spend away from work.

Well I must say that you've shown that you can take a punch or two and still stand. That is commendable. Usually by now I get the "delete my account" email which happens after the person doesn't like what he reads.

Thank you very much DeMarco. I am not scared when faced with opposition. I welcome failure as well as success. My intentions are genuine and i'm here to stay. By the end of this thread you will all see that this opportunity is real and valuable. The truth always uncovers itself in the end and it doesn't matter to me how many people don't believe, all that matters is the ones who do. And those people, will reap the rewards.

How much of your own money have you put into this "company"?

Are you partnering with any venues, companies, people etc?

7k-14k is not a mind blowing amount of money, why is it so hard for you to raise this money, have you tried raising 1k at a time?

Are your performers well known? And why do you think the reason is that this has never been done?

I put every ounce of money I can get into it, I don't spend any money on anything else unless to buy my mother some bread. My producer is also a computer genius and he has saved us thousands and thousands of dollars software/program wise. I am not partnering with anyone.

In my previous post I stated my highest source of income right now would be from nightlife and I cannot return to it until my company is launched. I work 16-20 hours a day so I do not have time for a part time job. Also under strict deadline for launch so I wouldn't even have time.

My performer is like no other ever before in the music industry. He is going to change what it means to be a DJ, the music industry is going to have to react and change by his presence alone. This means big things for the future and a further explosion in market.

Something like this has never been done because what I am doing some people do not believe to even be possible. I am doing things that don't take someone open minded, it takes a visionary. Most of the steps I take in making this happen don't even exist to the public. This is why I know that people can try to steal my ideas, but no one can replicate what I am doing. If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail. This is more than never been done before, this has never even been thought of.

How much of your company are you giving up for 14k?

it is up for negotiation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I'm not looking to bash you in any way; I can see now you genuinely believe in your idea. I have a bit of a story to tell you though, and hopefully you will learn something from it.

I used to run a web/marketing agency, I was at one time the Senior Programmer, and despite it being total change of roles, ended up the Sales Director. I had big-name clients like Sir Paul McCartney, The Discovery Channel, anyway, you get the point - we were the kind of agency that consistently got approached by kids with big ideas, NDA's, and the offer of equity if we would program their stuff and help market it.

These kids didn't normally have much cash, and we strictly operated on a 'get paid' mentality, so we never to my knowledge took up a client in exchange for equity. If we truly believed in an idea, we would discount it, and at times we worked on paper thin profit margins just because the cause helped our brand, and was essentially an investment.

One day, these two kids walked in, and said they had been referred to us by one of our major clients. This client was a startup, and has done quite well, so I cleared out a chunk of my schedule, and decided to hear out their project.

First thing was the NDA, we just got used to signing these (and let me tell you from experience, they're worth sweet-F-all). They explained, that they were both DJ's, and had an idea for an online booking system for DJ's, so owners of venues could book and pay for DJ's. They said they would be using their 'fame' and 'recognition' to push it - but these kids had one difference, one had a rich dad.

His dad had given him 150k to pursue this dream, and said 'go for it'. I heard them out, helped them plan, and 3 hours later they walked out of my office 85k lighter (via staggered payments, but you get the point).

These kids had no respect for the money. They didn't try to negotiate, and as I'm not a swindling bastard, this was fine as I cut them a fair deal. But I knew for a fact that this lack of respect for the invested capital wasn't going to end well for them.

3 Months later, and their bill had further accrued, as they changed the scope of their work dramatically. They revealed they had been traveling the country going to gigs, trying to get DJ's on their beta version once it launched, and had blew through the remainder of the cash.

They had to go back to Daddy, ask for more money, and they got a bit more. It didn't last long. The end result was a lack of access to more cash, and a partially finished website, no user-base, and no capital.

The site is functional, I'm no longer associated with it, but it makes next to nothing, and has a small userbase, and doesn't have half of the originally intended functionality - for 150k, they could have revolutionised the industry.

The issue here is, these kids had ego's. They thought they were something special, and could do no wrong, and they had NO respect for the invested capital, and blew through it.

If someone was to give you money, would you be able to outline exactly where it was going to go? Why do you know you need exactly 14k, what is that based on? Have you allowed a buffer? Will you be paying yourself a wage out of this at all?

If you have no respect for the money (because it's not yours), and you think that your initial vision is the ultimate, and have the ego to think nothing could possibly go wrong - I believe you are doomed to fail.

/rant.

Cool story, it was very interesting to read. I'm here to tell you though, it has nothing to do with me. I come from no money, not even money to eat when everyone around me was full. Money to me is not taken for granted and is neither a pleasure. Money for me is a gateway for opportunity to make more. When I am a multi-millionaire I'm going to work just as hard as I would if I was broke. The kids in your story, are just that, kids. They are far from what I am and what I am going to be and bare no comparison to me in the slightest. I'm a man with a concrete plan and strategy, perfected to the last detail for years to come. Able to deal with any change in plan or reroute nothing can shake me. As I said I welcome failure as well as success. I can get hit by a car and handicapped from the waste down and the company would still launch on time. I asked for 14k because I know exactly where it is going to the last cent, and no I don't get any wage out of it. If I had one last dollar to eat and I was starving for an entire day it would go to the company.
I'm not basing my success off an idea alone, that is merely idiotic. My inevitable success is a combination of my skills in what I do, vast knowledge of the market, imagination & vision, constant generation and evaluation of highly profitable ideas, ability to persevere at all costs, and an unquenchable desire to succeed that makes me tick. This is now the sole purpose I am living. When someone puts that much emphasis on something in an enlightened open-minded manor, and the odds are already heavily in their favor, they bare little chance of failure. I will still be here on these forums to tell my success story. Thank you for your consideration and input though, cool company as well.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Something like this has never been done because what I am doing some people do not believe to even be possible. I am doing things that don't take someone open minded, it takes a visionary. Most of the steps I take in making this happen don't even exist to the public. This is why I know that people can try to steal my ideas, but no one can replicate what I am doing. If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail. This is more than never been done before, this has never even been thought of.

can you describe what your idea is, in a couple sentences? I still don't know, and I'm curious. I don't have time to read long a$$ posts.

your self esteem is pretty high, which is ok. but you need to tone down your ego slightly. at least to the public anyway. comes off as arrogant.

saying that your the only one in the world that could do this 'idea' is pretty heavy handed.

it kinda sounds ridiculous.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

You know this is one of the top visited entrepreneur forums on the entire internet, right?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
A guy comes in creates his VERY FIRST post in which he asks for money, surrounds the post title in asterisks, toots his own horn calling himself a local celebrity, signing autographs and speaks of his overall awesomeness all the while providing little information on the idea and plan and you expect no one to judge and be skeptical...

Please tell everyone how someone should act in this instance..

Hes only asking for 14k but let me guess you arent opening your pocket book are you?

He's asking for money because he needs it to get his company off the ground. It would have been better if he had posted a few times prior to this, and the asterisks are a bit much to be completely honest. But who knows, maybe he REALLY is a local celebrity, you wouldn't know.

The correct way to act would be ask the questions you all have..ask for more information, ask how he came to fame and how he became a local celeb, ask where the money will go and how it will be used, ask why he made this his first post, ask why he seems arrogant. Basically take a look at every post that is negative towards him and it can be turned into a question, there is no need to jump to conclusions that this a phony offer, when like you said, little information is provided.

In fact, I have been in contact with him as a potential investor, but I appreciate the speculation!

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
And yes, in Seattle, your best event is Decibel Festival. It's held in late September and has about 60 artists. These are the events that I will be doing in the future. And yes, that is one of the reasons I am not doing them now it costs a lot do. I also recommend that you go to Foundation Nightclub in Seattle as it is nationally ranked.
I'm at Foundation twice a week >.< haha But honestly, it's pretty small, bad layout, they just get really good artists to come perform. If you know about big clubs in Seattle or if you ever come here, check out Q on Capitol Hill. Just went there for BT and it destroyed Foundation in every sense.

465925_508288889220393_1025354736_o.jpg
Foundation Seattle -- I'm to the right of the striped shirt guy in the front.

SO, since you know of Foundation, you might know they are owned by a company called USC Events. USC is the company here that throws 4-5 massive EDM festivals with 10k-20k people, the ones that have 3 stages I was talking about.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I'm at Foundation twice a week >.< haha But honestly, it's pretty small, bad layout, they just get really good artists to come perform. If you know about big clubs in Seattle or if you ever come here, check out Q on Capitol Hill. Just went there for BT and it destroyed Foundation in every sense.

View attachment 5328
Foundation Seattle -- I'm to the right of the striped shirt guy in the front.

SO, since you know of Foundation, you might know they are owned by a company called USC Events. USC is the company here that throws 4-5 massive EDM festivals with 10k-20k people, the ones that have 3 stages I was talking about.

haha BT nice. I grew up on Break My Fall :jackson: As fall as Seattle and Washington goes: Contour, Volume, Q, Trinity, Foundation, See Sound Lounge, Last Supper Club and The Barboza would be my recommendations. I have an extension of my company in every state of the United States which you will see since your an EDM fan. I can also tell you that you will be attending one of my events next year. Since you know about EDM you'll know exactly who I am once you hear about me. I probably even have your name in my database for time release, be expected to know who I am by August the latest.
I like USC events. They're doing Paradiso in like a week. Partnered with Live Nation. Hopefully it turns out good because Washington needs a leading EDM Festival with bigger national recognition. Seattle has some good events a lot of people have no idea.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Are you sure Q is on that list? Haha They're primarily a gay club who once in a blue moon rents out for a local promotion company's event. That's why it's such a treat when they open up their doors for a show like BT.

I like USC events. They're doing Paradiso in like a week. Partnered with Live Nation. Hopefully it turns out good because Washington needs a leading EDM Festival with bigger national recognition. Seattle has some good events a lot of people have no idea.

Ya man Paradiso is going to be amazing:
[video=youtube_share;NWCtUzNlIuw]http://youtu.be/NWCtUzNlIuw[/video]

I know so many people hitting up EDC this next week then going straight into Paradiso. I wish I could afford that much time out of my schedule right now haha >.<

I'm not sure if Washington could ever get national attention for their events. I mean dude, it's Washington haha. Paradiso does however have one of the sickest venues in existence, The Gorge.

I've gotten so off topic with this from my love of EDM haha. I promoted for a 16+ club and actually got my post-school entrepreneurial start in promotion as well. I remember going to these events when I was 17 and they were still 16+ (the big ones) and only 500 people would show up. The last decade has been an amazing transformation.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Does your name happen to be Frank Rizzo? Because... every time I absorb your attitude combined with your sketchy description of your own background, you remind me of this clip around the 1:00 mark.

[video=youtube;ZXWo6jXmRO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWo6jXmRO8[/video]

lmfaoo. if only that could be me, then life would be much simpler. And there's a difference between attitude and confidence, and a different between sketchy and discreet. But thanks for the video though, funny find.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
lmfaoo. if only that could be me, then life would be much simpler. And there's a difference between attitude and confidence, and a different between sketchy and discreet. But thanks for the video though, funny find.

The difference is in perception.

I know plenty of guys that walk up to girls at a club with confidence, but get slapped for their cocky arrogance haha.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Are you sure Q is on that list? Haha They're primarily a gay club who once in a blue moon rents out for a local promotion company's event. That's why it's such a treat when they open up their doors for a show like BT.

Ya man Paradiso is going to be amazing:
[video=youtube_share;NWCtUzNlIuw]http://youtu.be/NWCtUzNlIuw[/video]

I know so many people hitting up EDC this next week then going straight into Paradiso. I wish I could afford that much time out of my schedule right now haha >.<

I'm not sure if Washington could ever get national attention for their events. I mean dude, it's Washington haha. Paradiso does however have one of the sickest venues in existence, The Gorge.

I've gotten so off topic with this from my love of EDM haha. I promoted for a 16+ club and actually got my post-school entrepreneurial start in promotion as well. I remember going to these events when I was 17 and they were still 16+ (the big ones) and only 500 people would show up. The last decade has been an amazing transformation.

yea it is, my council rated it an 8/10 so its featured in my company. interesting though.

and really lmao people spend so much money its wild. but its kinda true after you go to one you want to go right to another one. Washington has potential for it. you don't have to be a big place like miami nyc cali. DC, chicago, detriot all have nation-wide notoriety when it comes to edm events.

And an amazing transformation indeed. this is what I briefly described in my first post. we're going through a cultural phenomenon with EDM right now its exploding at a very fast rate. Lots of fans are rushed into the culture because of it and are blinded about what they like.. its very easy to make it big in the industry right now with the right things on your side.

The difference is in perception.

I know plenty of guys that walk up to girls at a club with confidence, but get slapped for their cocky arrogance haha.

in that specific situation its a good idea to get smacked for being overly confident instead of not noticed for being under confident. 1 rule about women and confidence. if you approach with that much swagger, what can a girl say? "how dare he be so confident". girls look for that type of confidence and even a**holeness about a man. girls in the club like the bad boys.

So are you going to be one of the thousands of posters that we get in here that come in with much fanfare and smack talk, and then go back to making my Subway sandwiches, or are you going to be one of the few that actually puts action behind your words?

I hope for the latter. Some things are going to happen along the way that will adjust your ego, so I am not concerned (for you) about that as life has a tendency to level those things out.

I am concerned though for you that with the small amount of money you are looking for, that you are looking for an "easy" path to something you should be able to easily do for yourself. Look internally. Help yourself. Stop looking for a handout. If you are as good as you say you are, than make this happen. You don't need anonymous strangers to come alongside you.

If you have even one of the high powered contacts you grandstand about, they would throw that kind of money at you. If you will turn $14k into $1m, surely you can make it worthwhile for someone in your circles to give you a chance.

This is not an investment forum, and people are not here to invest money in you. You will find a LOT of people here that will invest time in you if you take a give and take approach.

You're interesting. You're articulate. You are young enough to not know what you don't know, but if you can harness your energy into your own success (vs. looking for a handout from someone else) I think you have a shot at achieving what you set out to achieve.

I hope you hang around here. I hope you share with the people that come behind you your successes, and inevitable failures that come into play along the way.

I suspect you will bail when nobody gives you a free ride... but I could be wrong. I hope for your sake that you exceed your dreams, and that the Dom flows in your direction sooner than later.

yes i understand i just really have to work hard 24/7 and i don't think I would want anyone in that industry to know, you cannot trust anyone in nightlife what so ever. also, the nightlife industry isn't that grand. so i have a specific plan that is playing out that's why I came here.
I'm not asking to be handed money, I'm asking for a partner in this journey that will benefit from his investment just as much as I will. Someone who's interested in making money for the long term and can see the potential in a good idea. Fast lane would be where I would suspect someone of this nature to be.
And as far as 14k being too little, I can do everything I need to for now with that money. With expanding, I always want to be the master of timing. Thank you for your sincerity and consideration. I will be here to stay. I want to surround myself only with people of ambition and intelligence as frequent as possible, so I think this forum will do me well. Cheers. Thanks.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
So which is it? Someone will steal your idea or nobody can replicate my business. Inconsistencies will scare away any investors. They would call BS on you. Then the rest of your pitch will be questioned.

IMO, hiding your ideas from people is probably the worse thing you can do at this point. I bet if you actively spoke about your idea in your industry, and it was a good one that you would find someone willing to invest.

People have been asking, if you'd made six figures in the past say 2-3 years, why don't you have $14,000? This is another inconsistency that would tell me that you can't manage your money well. If you can't manage your money, why would I believe that you are going to manage mine better.

The key word, they would 'attempt'. I said they can try, but you always want to minimize that when possible.
and you obviously don't know the nightlife industry brother. they are the little snakes one reason why i'm glad to get out of it. lots of them try to pull scams run out with money etc only the most reputable people in that industry wouldn't do that and I still won't trust them with ideas like mine. If I actively spoke about my ideas amongst those people, they would all try to steal it instead of fund it. I'd probably get 1-2 investors and 7 impersonators. That would probably be one of the last places i'd look for an investor.

And I said this a lot already, even quoting previous posts of mine in other previous posts to people who raised this same question. I climbed to the top of the industry in late 2012, I started doing this company in Jan 2013 so I have not been making money like that for years. I said I can now make that money, but as I said before I found something bigger and better here.

If you want to know why I cant go back to nightlife to make this money now, refer to my previous posts. Another concept added to that previous post that I'd like to add is my home area with my first most intimate fans is very sacred to me. I'm not gonna be messing around here at all. They're going to be making the loudest noise when I launch out of all the other areas because of their emotional/personal connection to me. My timing and precision of action is whats going to make them rave the loudest.

Managing money is easy for me because I always choose only the most effective ways to use it. Money has never been abundant for me, so when I have it all I see is the objective at hand and how to strategize to organize my goals and plans effectively. Money is nothing but an outlet for me to make more, and very wisely at that.

wow that looks fun. have you been there before? it would be cool to perform at an event like that with such a change in culture and environment.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
its funny to read this thread without knowing what the starting post is about. lots of great advice from the usual suspects and lots of nonsense/excuses from the OP.

no nonsense or excuses coming from here. only legitimate explanations to posters accusations, misinterpretations, and confusions. reading the first post and my answers to poster's questions would further enlighten your perspective.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
You are avoiding the key issue about your money managing skills. If you made 6 figures a year ago, there should be more then enough left to fund this project. Where did that money go, how did you manage to not have $14000,- after quitting that line of work only 6 months ago? It doesn't add up. Your stories are so confusing, did you earn the 6 figures 2-3 years ago, or when you where at the top of the end industry late 2012.

Also I would never invest in you, because you won't pay yourself. You invest in people, people that do not pay themselves turn sick and depressed, and hurt the project in the end.

Edit: I'm still not sure what I would be investing in, what is the actual business? SEO for promoting events I suppose? Every post leaves me so confused

Sorry about the confusion. I said I now have the opportunity to make 6 figures. This opportunity became available to me late 2012. November 7th 2012 to be exact. So yes at the top, in the end of 2012. I started this project seriously January 10th 2013.

And I am not like other people. Not paying myself is good, I dont need money for pleasure out of funds I am using for work. I belong amongst people and large crowds, living fast; my greatest enjoyments are from intense thrills. I took myself away from that habitat for an entire 6 months so far to make this happen, and I am doing just fine. If I havent turned sick and depressed now, I dont think I ever will. My motivation and drive to succeed fuels my happiness. I experience tears of joy off my ambitions alone in my own home. I don't need to spend money on myself right now. Fun and pleasure comes later once I'm already doing what I have to do. This is now what I live for.

You would be investing in a double divisioned company. A visionary record label and event company in one. In the revolutionary ideas and talents of my artists and myself. And into a concept that the music industry needs to undertake right now essential for its growth.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
wow that looks fun. have you been there before? it would be cool to perform at an event like that with such a change in culture and environment.
Yeah. About 5 years ago. Pretty wild party.

SueC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 6, 2013
I am too busy working my business to read this thread :driving:

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
I haven't had the time to read this wonderful trainwreck of a thread - but has the explanation for the celebrity status already been given?

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Nobody wants to give me 14k to go to Hollywood?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I'm guessing this is an old facebook account of his.
The photo he uploaded is MCRicoSuave.jpg and this is what you get by googling MC Rico Suave:
https://www.facebook.com/McRicoSuave

I'm guessing he's not the RicoSuave from the UK.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I read the first three sentences and had to stop. You managed to show your arrogance, inexperience, and insult the members all in 3 sentences.
I wish you well and you should seriously consider taking a lot of the advise given. You got off to a bad start and may not get anymore help.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
So "you are able" but refuse to do so. Instead, you are preaching to the choir about 14G.

The fact you claim you're able, but refuse to do the work tells me you want the red carpet laid out for you.
You don't want to work hard.
You don't want to do the dirty work.
You don't want to put in the time that a business requires.

You're looking for shortcuts.

You want $14G? A million dollar business? Do the time, get your 14K working a few weeks doing something what you hate. At least that will show that you have the humility to do anything to get the job done. That's the kind of partner I want; someone who isn't afraid of dirty work that might be considered below them.

If you want something bad enough, you'll do anything for it, including scrubbing toilets, flipping burgers, or mopping floors.

From what I read, that isn't you.

In that case "I'm Out" (But will be watching the trainwreck from the sidelines)

Here's where you are utterly wrong DeMarco. If you read my posts instead of looking for shortcuts, you would know that I cannot go back to nightlife because of the dramatic exit I made from it to the public and promise to my public that I will return back having built something great. Nightlife runs heavily on your reputation, coming back before I have something to show would tarnish mine. And I would need to start partying/promoting again before I did it, revamping my following getting them accustomed to coming out for me again. I do not have time for right now, I have a deadline to meet for my company which is going to be met.

Sorry to tell you, but you have the most incorrect post in this entire thread. You have COMPLETELY missed the nail on the head trying to describe what I am about. I agree with your statement "If you want something bad enough, you'll do anything for it, including scrubbing toilets, flipping burgers, or mopping floors." I am striving for GREATNESS. I live to succeed beyond ANYONE in my path, and you think I wouldn't want to do a little dirty work to get there? Listen to this.
I needed 800 dollars about 2 weeks ago for my company in a short amount of time, and I debated on becoming a part time stripper to get that money in time. Now THATS dirty work, not scrubbing toilets or flipping burgers, and if someone that saw me there spotted me when I'm famous it would probably get out everywhere, but that was the risk i was willing to take because I am dedicated to my cause, not like anyone you've ever met before. I make impossible things happen with my mind, my friend.

You have no idea who I am or the slightest clue to the content of my character. Because if you did, you would be IN. Not out. Hopefully you will now acquire a better perception of who I am, and who I am going to be.

All of a sudden there goes your confidence. What happened to the "If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail.", it sounds like you might think they have a chance. See the problem isn't your idea here. None of us know what it is. It's your writing which you must reign in to get people to listen to you.

You can come in very confident, to the point of cocky saying your the best and nobody but you can do this. That's fine. But you can't then say, I don't want someone to steal my idea.

You have way too fluff and nonsense in your posts. Re-read this again and explain why this paragraph matters to us.

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all) I have been in the nightlife industry since 15 and rose to the top of it as the #1 promoter in my state, throwing one of most successful events of the year 2012, on my own. Throughout these years I have made the connections and gathered the knowledge to make my company possible. Without my company, right now I am able to make six figures in the nightlife/entertainment industry but that isn’t what I want. "

Would we want to invest in you more because you are a local celebrity? No, because you aren't even going to be doing business in your area! So why mention this?

You are the #1 promoter in the state. Again doesn't mean much if you can't promote what you are pitching in your state.

You threw the most successful event in 2012. Did you make money from it? If not, how was its success measured? If so, why don't you have $14k?

You are able to make six figures, but don't want to that way. Why does this matter to us? Is this supposed to give us insight about your money making ability? That means nothing vs. I've made six figures in the past year promoting events.

You need to have substance in your pitch to make people listen. You can't just throw in non-related background and stories in hopes that it will improve your chances of gaining investors. They will see right through it.

Have you seen a Few Good Men? This line in the movie has stuck with me my whole life. Demi Moore objects to something in the court room, is overruled and then she strenuously objects.

[video=youtube;bOnRHAyXqYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnRHAyXqYY[/video]

"I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

It is not the fact that I don't want people to steal my idea, its the fact that I don't even want people trying. If you can see how serious I am about this company you will know that I'd protect these ideas with my life. Do I think anyone else can do it? Nope. Do I want to risk it? No I do not. If I have a million dollar idea I am going to protect it.

To your asking why did I bring up my past experience, that is because the nightlife/entertainment industry is similar to the EDM industry. I ran events in nightlife, my new company is a record label and EVENT company in one, put the pieces together.

If you want to talk about my promotional abilities, My state is going to rave so loud your gonna hear it in Scottsdale, Arizona. Not even to mention I have your entire city in my database, more than just my niche market in your state. You'll feel my promotional abilities all around you.

Yes I hit the highest number of attendance (max capacity) at the top club in my state, on a Tuesday. I made money but I had other obligations at that time. I was set on launching without investors about 2 weeks ago, but greater opportunities kept becoming available to me. They give me the opportunity to make bigger and more powerful moves, but they cost money.

My background is related, and I have much substance in my pitch for not disclosing my actual ideas throughout my posts.

I hope you're not here defending yourself because you still hope to land a deal. If you're still here at this point it's either because you're stupid or because you're willing to learn.

If you're stupid I have no words for you.
If you're willing to learn, then stop defending yourself and just learn. Click on the usernames of people giving you the advice, look at what they've done. Much of the advice I've seen is worth much more than the money you're asking for.

Find a way to MAKE the money you need. You won't have to give up any equity, you won't have to listen to anybody else's conflicting input, you can do what you believe in the way you know will work and make millions.

100K/year comes out to 8,333/month. So work for 3 months, and then quit with 24K in your pocket ready to set the world on fire with your business. It's 3 months of work, isn't that worth your dream? Isn't the 3 months of work worth the millions of dollars you'll be making from your company?

Stick around the forum, leave this thread alone, find the people who know what they're doing and listen in on the great advice being thrown out there. If you haven't read TMF yet, make that your #2 priority. #1 is making the call you need to make to get your old gig back. You can read the book at night when you're done working.

By the end of this thread, everyone will see that this deal is real and valuable, including you. I came here because my situation has left me little to no alternatives. I've obviously thought of every other way to make this happen. I have a specific deadline to meet or my company might not work all together. I have an open window of opportunity to make this happen and do not have time to stray away from my work to make extra funds. If I had that time, I'd be at work, not on this forum. I'm definitely grateful for some of the posters honesty and consideration for my situation, but they too will all see that here, I am the real deal.

I'm guessing this is an old facebook account of his.
The photo he uploaded is MCRicoSuave.jpg and this is what you get by googling MC Rico Suave:
https://www.facebook.com/McRicoSuave

I'm guessing he's not the RicoSuave from the UK.

Assumptions again, very far from one of my facebooks haha. 52 likes psshh :) and I am located in the USA

However, no one is taking the 'bait' and biting at this one...

Yes they are, I already have potential investors from this thread. There are smart people in this forum, people who can truly see what I aim to do, the intelligent will reap the rewards here my friend.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
What was your dramatic exit you keep talking about? Were you arrested?

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
What was your dramatic exit you keep talking about? Were you arrested?

I made an announcement to the public that I was locking myself away for months and that when I came back, I will have built something great. I disappeared from the public eye after that.

titanic-sinking-underwater.jpg

You just backtracked 10 fold and showed a side of you 10 times worse than your original post. Seriously, reread what you wrote.

But for real man, you're probably right. EVERY SINGLE PERSON is just getting the wrong impression about who you are. You're f***in famous and the coolest person alive and need $14k. I wish I was 1/10th as awesome as you.

How did I backtrack 10 fold? By proving my points? I am the one who's right here, BUT its not because I'm better than anyone, its because people are getting confused from my posts and misinterpreting them. And I am not famous yet, a local celebrity isn't famous. Famous to me is b-list a-list celebrity on TMZ paparazzi and all. I don't care about how awesome I look, especially on a forum. My intentions have been completely genuine this whole time. I will continue to be honest and true about my situation and proposal no matter who tries to flame me, that will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!