The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

**My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Anything related to investing, including crypto
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
**My Profitable Proposal to INVESTORS that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Do you even know what the Fastlane is?

I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all)

Let me guess: You were once the star quarterback in high school who is now finding out that the real world doesn't give a shit.

I had to stop reading because the incredible size of your ego was blocking most of the text.

Ditto.

14K is a small price to pay for a company

$14k should be a piss in the bucket for a local celebrity.

This forum isn't BS'd so easily.

Whoever gives the best and most credible interest to my proposal won’t be left up in the air on anything and will be a part of the growing of this company

How many sales have you made? Revenues? Profit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I'm not looking to bash you in any way; I can see now you genuinely believe in your idea. I have a bit of a story to tell you though, and hopefully you will learn something from it.

I used to run a web/marketing agency, I was at one time the Senior Programmer, and despite it being total change of roles, ended up the Sales Director. I had big-name clients like Sir Paul McCartney, The Discovery Channel, anyway, you get the point - we were the kind of agency that consistently got approached by kids with big ideas, NDA's, and the offer of equity if we would program their stuff and help market it.

These kids didn't normally have much cash, and we strictly operated on a 'get paid' mentality, so we never to my knowledge took up a client in exchange for equity. If we truly believed in an idea, we would discount it, and at times we worked on paper thin profit margins just because the cause helped our brand, and was essentially an investment.

One day, these two kids walked in, and said they had been referred to us by one of our major clients. This client was a startup, and has done quite well, so I cleared out a chunk of my schedule, and decided to hear out their project.

First thing was the NDA, we just got used to signing these (and let me tell you from experience, they're worth sweet-F-all). They explained, that they were both DJ's, and had an idea for an online booking system for DJ's, so owners of venues could book and pay for DJ's. They said they would be using their 'fame' and 'recognition' to push it - but these kids had one difference, one had a rich dad.

His dad had given him 150k to pursue this dream, and said 'go for it'. I heard them out, helped them plan, and 3 hours later they walked out of my office 85k lighter (via staggered payments, but you get the point).

These kids had no respect for the money. They didn't try to negotiate, and as I'm not a swindling bastard, this was fine as I cut them a fair deal. But I knew for a fact that this lack of respect for the invested capital wasn't going to end well for them.

3 Months later, and their bill had further accrued, as they changed the scope of their work dramatically. They revealed they had been traveling the country going to gigs, trying to get DJ's on their beta version once it launched, and had blew through the remainder of the cash.

They had to go back to Daddy, ask for more money, and they got a bit more. It didn't last long. The end result was a lack of access to more cash, and a partially finished website, no user-base, and no capital.

The site is functional, I'm no longer associated with it, but it makes next to nothing, and has a small userbase, and doesn't have half of the originally intended functionality - for 150k, they could have revolutionised the industry.

The issue here is, these kids had ego's. They thought they were something special, and could do no wrong, and they had NO respect for the invested capital, and blew through it.

If someone was to give you money, would you be able to outline exactly where it was going to go? Why do you know you need exactly 14k, what is that based on? Have you allowed a buffer? Will you be paying yourself a wage out of this at all?

If you have no respect for the money (because it's not yours), and you think that your initial vision is the ultimate, and have the ego to think nothing could possibly go wrong - I believe you are doomed to fail.

/rant.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
"fluff, fluff, fluff... I need money"

Maybe you have a good idea, maybe you don't. But your post said nothing, so people won't be able to tell.

If you have a good idea— it's easy to raise money for it. If you make it extremely difficult to tell if you have a good idea— people with money don't go through the work to figure it out. Describe in 1-2 short paragraphs exactly how you will make investors money and it's going to be substantially more productive than talking about atomic bombs that are going to go off when you launch.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

Many people come to this forum, share their ideas, get constructive criticism, and a lot is said, shared, and learned. When someone posts a TLDR of I'm a f***in celebrity and the coolest thing that has ever happened to this world so give me money... we're smacking him back to reality. The constructive criticism we can give back in this situation is that he's an egotistical maniac blowing smoke up people's a$$ on a forum online. That's the constructive criticism. It may sound cynical, but it's the truth, and a pill that needs to be swallowed in order to progress forward.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate.

Sorry bro, but his *radical idea* is not the cause for scorn and hate. You know what is? Attitude. Arrogance. Lack of due diligence. Lack of respect for the forum. And lack of respect for the forum owner, who BTW, didn't create this forum to be a pitch fest for drive-by posters.

Hopefully your self confidence will get you there. But you might want to learn how to pitch an idea first.

Kickstarter it.

And yes it would be perfect, but please take Jack's advice before doing so.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

It's because posters don't let fluffy/hype posts fly around here that Fastlane is a high quality forum. If threads like this ran rampart, all the high quality users would leave and it would be like every other forum, where a bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about are giving each other advice on how to sell ebooks.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Cool story, it was very interesting to read. I'm here to tell you though, it has nothing to do with me. I come from no money, not even money to eat when everyone around me was full. Money to me is not taken for granted and is neither a pleasure. Money for me is a gateway for opportunity to make more. When I am a multi-millionaire I'm going to work just as hard as I would if I was broke. The kids in your story, are just that, kids. They are far from what I am and what I am going to be and bare no comparison to me in the slightest. I'm a man with a concrete plan and strategy, perfected to the last detail for years to come. Able to deal with any change in plan or reroute nothing can shake me. As I said I welcome failure as well as success. I can get hit by a car and handicapped from the waste down and the company would still launch on time. I asked for 14k because I know exactly where it is going to the last cent, and no I don't get any wage out of it. If I had one last dollar to eat and I was starving for an entire day it would go to the company.

I love that somebody quoted that you were making 6 figures as a college student promoting prior to this and yet you can't scrounge up a measly $14,000. So honestly, if you were making over a hundred grand a year, how do you have zero in savings? You say you're a man with a concrete plan and strategy, yet there's a huge crack in your personal finances and ability to finance it yourself.

EDC is starting next weekend and their cost alone was $35 million. The only actual "events" you can get started with $14k are small, SUPER small. We have EDM events here in Seattle with 3 stages, 50 performers, and are just massive events. The cost to host one must be mind boggling, but they're often times paid for through ticket sales before the set equipment is even rented. So, how is $14k going to skyrocket you above the likes of these guys?

I should note something about myself. I'm going to be a multi-millionaire in the next few years. I believe a lot of people on this forum are on that path as well. The offers for my pre-revenue company have been coming in at over 7 figures, which has just given me more confidence than ever to continue. I'm 23 years old, work from my apartment, and am catching the attention of nearly every big company imaginable, and have the luxury of getting to speak to them. If I ever started a thread claiming all that out-right in the fashion I just did, people would like at me like I'm a huge egotistical douche. Even after I sell the company, I won't share my story in that fashion. The same information can be conveyed in two different ways and show to entirely different meanings about the person.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Without my company, right now I am able to make six figures in the nightlife/entertainment industry but that isn’t what I want.

So "you are able" but refuse to do so. Instead, you are preaching to the choir about 14G.

The fact you claim you're able, but refuse to do the work tells me you want the red carpet laid out for you.
You don't want to work hard.
You don't want to do the dirty work.
You don't want to put in the time that a business requires.

You're looking for shortcuts.

You want $14G? A million dollar business? Do the time, get your 14K working a few weeks doing something what you hate. At least that will show that you have the humility to do anything to get the job done. That's the kind of partner I want; someone who isn't afraid of dirty work that might be considered below them.

If you want something bad enough, you'll do anything for it, including scrubbing toilets, flipping burgers, or mopping floors.

From what I read, that isn't you.

lol this threads turned into a shark tank episode

In that case "I'm Out" (But will be watching the trainwreck from the sidelines)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes they are, I already have potential investors from this thread.

Then you have just broken the law. Is illegal activity and SEC violations apart of your business plan too?

And as for your investors that you found "from this thread" I would have to recommend that they rethink their decision. And after they're done with that, read this:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/forum-news-updates-faqs/20271-i-am-not-responsible.html

If you continue to use this forum to solicit for investors (either publicly or by Private Message) you will be removed.. Let me repeat: You will be removed.

This thread is officially done. Closed.

I imagine that we won't be hearing from you again seeing that this is the only thread among thousands that you're interested in.

Good luck on your venture. I'm sure you won't need any help from some of us lowly forum dumb-asses.

Last edited:

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I had to stop reading because the incredible size of your ego was blocking most of the text.

Also, a million in revenue by 2015? GTFO. That's not a big business, that's a small, independent business for one, two, or three people.

As for being polite, I'm being polite to the other forum members in advising them not to consider your offer. :thumbsup:

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
So in total we'd probably be asking 7k-14k in exchange for a percentage of the company.

If your idea is so grand, go get a line of credit. 14K is a small price to pay for a company that has no chance at failing, don't you think?

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Whats wrong with crowdfunding? If your a local celebrity wouldn't you be able to raise that much money in a snap on Kickstarter or something???

I think you would be an ideal crowd-funding candidate.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To the original poster, "general solicitation" is illegal and cannot be allowed here.

I need you to modify your post(s) to REMOVE all instances which ask for investors. If you cannot do this, I will need to close (or delete) this thread.

If you are confused on why, click here:

Let me google that for you

The small business raises all the capital it can from friends, relatives, and everyone it knows who has money. In order to expand its fundraising to new potential investors, it hires a securities lawyer. Then the small business learns the bad news: It cannot raise money from anyone with whom it does not have a substantial pre-existing relationship. Otherwise it will violate the prohibition against general solicitation.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
In fact, I have been in contact with him as a potential investor

Anytime you see the words "Guaranteed" or "Cannot Fail" then you run the other way and never look back.

All of these long a$$ post and I still have no FN clue what the business idea is.

All I'm saying is a lot of people here are quick to judge and quick to bash.

Because this forum has a zero tolerance for Scammers, Spammers and Wantrepreneurs and BS. Its the communities way of saying "hey theres no value in what your doing here!

So crowd funding gets around this because you get zero equity in return for your donation.

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/deborahljacobs/files/2013/04/CrowdfundingArticlechart_BrianKorn4.jpg:) heres a good chart that does a good job of explaining it.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
You can make 6 fig in nightlife promoting but can't go earn the 14k? You had to exit quickly? What did you do? You sound lazy, maybe based on your past success. Go back and earn the money, sounds like it'd be a 1 or 2 week gig for you then go out and make your millions.

You've posted no samples of your talent?

YALE, I am a great actor, my family says so and would ask me for my autograph too. I am also a local celebrity, my parents think the world of me. Hollywood is a multi-billion dollar business and top notch actors can be paid 5-20million per movie and much more if they get a piece of the action.

YALE, why don't you send me 14k because if I had that to get to Hollywood it would be a slam dunk.

No, I won't show you my SAG card, monologue, or demo reel until you put up the money because I want serious investors only who are sophisticated, and understand the Hollywood game that can appreciate my superlative talent.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So are you going to be one of the thousands of posters that we get in here that come in with much fanfare and smack talk, and then go back to making my Subway sandwiches, or are you going to be one of the few that actually puts action behind your words?

I hope for the latter. Some things are going to happen along the way that will adjust your ego, so I am not concerned (for you) about that as life has a tendency to level those things out.

I am concerned though for you that with the small amount of money you are looking for, that you are looking for an "easy" path to something you should be able to easily do for yourself. Look internally. Help yourself. Stop looking for a handout. If you are as good as you say you are, than make this happen. You don't need anonymous strangers to come alongside you.

If you have even one of the high powered contacts you grandstand about, they would throw that kind of money at you. If you will turn $14k into $1m, surely you can make it worthwhile for someone in your circles to give you a chance.

This is not an investment forum, and people are not here to invest money in you. You will find a LOT of people here that will invest time in you if you take a give and take approach.

You're interesting. You're articulate. You are young enough to not know what you don't know, but if you can harness your energy into your own success (vs. looking for a handout from someone else) I think you have a shot at achieving what you set out to achieve.

I hope you hang around here. I hope you share with the people that come behind you your successes, and inevitable failures that come into play along the way.

I suspect you will bail when nobody gives you a free ride... but I could be wrong. I hope for your sake that you exceed your dreams, and that the Dom flows in your direction sooner than later.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The only people that could have been a possibility would be people in my industry and I don't want any of them knowing how I did it and not to mention they aren't really the most trust-able people in the world, they would be the ones to attempt to steal my ideas.

Something like this has never been done because what I am doing some people do not believe to even be possible. I am doing things that don't take someone open minded, it takes a visionary. Most of the steps I take in making this happen don't even exist to the public. This is why I know that people can try to steal my ideas, but no one can replicate what I am doing. If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail. This is more than never been done before, this has never even been thought of.

So which is it? Someone will steal your idea or nobody can replicate my business. Inconsistencies will scare away any investors. They would call BS on you. Then the rest of your pitch will be questioned.

IMO, hiding your ideas from people is probably the worse thing you can do at this point. I bet if you actively spoke about your idea in your industry, and it was a good one that you would find someone willing to invest.

People have been asking, if you'd made six figures in the past say 2-3 years, why don't you have $14,000? This is another inconsistency that would tell me that you can't manage your money well. If you can't manage your money, why would I believe that you are going to manage mine better.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The key word, they would 'attempt'. I said they can try, but you always want to minimize that when possible.
and you obviously don't know the nightlife industry brother. they are the little snakes one reason why i'm glad to get out of it. lots of them try to pull scams run out with money etc only the most reputable people in that industry wouldn't do that and I still won't trust them with ideas like mine. If I actively spoke about my ideas amongst those people, they would all try to steal it instead of fund it. I'd probably get 1-2 investors and 7 impersonators. That would probably be one of the last places i'd look for an investor.

All of a sudden there goes your confidence. What happened to the "If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail.", it sounds like you might think they have a chance. See the problem isn't your idea here. None of us know what it is. It's your writing which you must reign in to get people to listen to you.

You can come in very confident, to the point of cocky saying your the best and nobody but you can do this. That's fine. But you can't then say, I don't want someone to steal my idea.

You have way too fluff and nonsense in your posts. Re-read this again and explain why this paragraph matters to us.

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all) I have been in the nightlife industry since 15 and rose to the top of it as the #1 promoter in my state, throwing one of most successful events of the year 2012, on my own. Throughout these years I have made the connections and gathered the knowledge to make my company possible. Without my company, right now I am able to make six figures in the nightlife/entertainment industry but that isn’t what I want. "

Would we want to invest in you more because you are a local celebrity? No, because you aren't even going to be doing business in your area! So why mention this?

You are the #1 promoter in the state. Again doesn't mean much if you can't promote what you are pitching in your state.

You threw the most successful event in 2012. Did you make money from it? If not, how was its success measured? If so, why don't you have $14k?

You are able to make six figures, but don't want to that way. Why does this matter to us? Is this supposed to give us insight about your money making ability? That means nothing vs. I've made six figures in the past year promoting events.

You need to have substance in your pitch to make people listen. You can't just throw in non-related background and stories in hopes that it will improve your chances of gaining investors. They will see right through it.

Have you seen a Few Good Men? This line in the movie has stuck with me my whole life. Demi Moore objects to something in the court room, is overruled and then she strenuously objects.

[video=youtube;bOnRHAyXqYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnRHAyXqYY[/video]

"I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
You are being rude. I actually gave everyone background information about myself. This is reality and I am going to make it in this industry very shortly. How you feel about that is your own matter, my friend. And as far as blowing smoke up people's asses. In depth, concrete, facts and ideas are being filled in with investors who want to take the next step of the process. They are filled in on every detail, and then they can make their judgement whether to go through with investing or not, they aren't asked to make any commitments before this point. :)

My time is very valuable, so the fact that I take time to reply to you means I do actually care about your success on some level.

I'm going to quote you on exactly where you need to be more humble and honest. If you threw that pitch up on Kickstarter, people would think the exact same things I'm thinking right now.
I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all)
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job.
BS btw, unless you're skipping class. Also you must consider eating, showering, doing dishes, doing laundry work, otherwise that time schedule just doesn't work out.
I know this thread will be very controversial, as my claims are large.
It's not the thread or the idea that makes it controversial, it's your attitude. I'm not saying this to be an a**hole, I'm saying this because it's honestly what you need to hear to be successful.
it’s because I’m new to the whole investment thing so try not to judge me on it
Which you responded with:
young yes. naive, not so much. i'm going to be a powerhouse in my industry.
Say what?

I will try to be as detailed as possible with my proposal without giving away my ideas and secrets to the public.
We have a little joke about this. It's that someone has a million dollar idea for a social network, but for cats, and before they even tell you about it, they have you sign an NDA and contract rights to your first born.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
You should invest in his idea. Tell us how it goes.

Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
Well I'm a student and I just got my first debit card, I haven't really established any credit yet.

If you're confident that you can get this business going with 14k, just take a loan from lendingclub.com. You will have an easier time getting a loan there than a bank. Then come back and start a progress thread for your business so we can follow and advise accordingly.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Does your name happen to be Frank Rizzo? Because... every time I absorb your attitude combined with your sketchy description of your own background, you remind me of this clip around the 1:00 mark.

[video=youtube;ZXWo6jXmRO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWo6jXmRO8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!