The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Directions and New road

Feedback

yogiho2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 26, 2024
im 30 year old working a job that give me 2$ a day , in a third world country where the dollar is leveraged against me 50X , I have previously wasted 5 years of my life doing absolutely nothing , wake up play video games for 12 hours and sleep only to do it again the next day, I was “free” to do anything I wanted , I could go outside or I can stay in home all day , since I relied on family for financial support , however even tho I spend all day playing video games I wasn’t happy , even tho I loved them but I was content not fulfilled

i kept thinking “ im basically doing what all retiree do but im 25 and insteed of a bank account I syphon from I syphon from my family” however this didn’t bring me happiness, is this what people strive for ? to sit In a box they call apartment and inject their mind with whatever make their brain chemicals happy ?

I quickly realized whats my problem ,, my problem is that I didn’t add value to anyone , what I truly want is to make other people happy and this bring me self-fulfilment , so I thought its time for a job

I got a job as IT and it bring me happiness to finally helping people , I loved it when people thank me for fixing their printer or fixing their connections , what I didn’t enjoy is the endless wires since im not very good with my hands and the fact that you are no different then a slave since you can’t make actual decisions that’s effect how things are runs I had ideas but everytime I came up with them I was told “stay in your lane” “ whats IT knows about X” “ just do what you are told”

working on 2$ a day just wont do , for refrence my family members after 20 years in the medical field make 15$ a day , there got to be a better way then this , slave away at job only to end up old and miserable , maybe have a couple of kids and HOPE they do better then you because you couldn’t do It yourself, tell various self lies to yourself to justify you current position.

Now after this rant what can I possibly do ? , I need to work for myself, I need to help people but make actual good money with it , so I went ahead and examined my options :

1- sell a product : I have 50x leverged against me and its growing every year , 26% inflation rate with dying currency . selling a product locally aginest those odds is shooting myself in the foot before I even start running

2- selling a service : same issues as above PLUS you pay with your time , say I started a computer repair service , where I go to people houses and fix their PC , most people have phones now not PC and how many people I can go to in a day ? 3 ? 5 if I really pushed it ? giving me 5$ per fix for 25$ a day ? no thank you

3-selling products online: it fixes a lot of issues since you get paid by the $ , so I get the 50x leverage working for me insteed of against me , however there millions and millions of products out there , I feel the odds of finding a winning product are slim and I don’t have the required capital to even advertise them (reminder I make 2$ a day)
dropshipping ? any highschooler in the USA with spare couch change can make a website in 2 days and sell the same product as you ( Entry is easy no barrier) , and your only axis for improvement are price and advertising , you can’t add features or control manufacturing ( a lose control)

4- selling a service online: to me this seem the only viable route for me , services are hard to build (entry barrier) , the control is you and your efforts alone , the really hard part is automating them but it can be solved with a lot of effort and ingenuity.

This I came to conclusion is that if Im gonna invest the next 5 years of my life into something it got to be some sort of online service however those are my challenges.

1- Im literally without a voice : imagine you small business owner and you get a phone call with some thick middle eastern/ indian accent telling you about their great service , your mind literally scream “SCAM” , thanks indian scam centers ! Since I can’t call them Im gonna need to sell only through online advertising and internet searchs

2-Finding the Need in the market : I don’t have a clue what a good service that people are willing pay subscriptions since I never paid subscription in my life (except maybe WoW But even that I bought it with ingame currency) i also don’t find a lot of subscriptions business’s in my environment around me, how can I determine what good service I should build ?

3- lack of skills: this is the biggest hurdle I see to overcome tbh , because I don’t know what skills gonna be worth my time , “just learn 2 code bro” seem bullshit to me , I want to learn what will increase the value of my business , what will generate income , if I generate income I can hire any 2 bit coder from the street and pay him the 4$ a day to slave away

So my to plan is basically :

1- finding a service that the people need

2- learning the skills require to build a business by ACTUALLY building the business

3- Scaling the business to the moon

If you read this far im looking for feedback and suggestion , in the past I made the critical mistake of listening to the wrong people and letting my path be dictated by them and forgot that they are average people looking for average results , meanwhile here I see people who don’t want to be average but aspire to be more ad i hope some who have been in my position can save me some time and effort and lead me through a better path

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SimplyMatt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
For thought....

1- Im literally without a voice : imagine you small business owner and you get a phone call with some thick middle eastern/ indian accent telling you about their great service , your mind literally scream “SCAM” , thanks indian scam centers ! Since I can’t call them Im gonna need to sell only through online advertising and internet searchs
  1. Have you thought about doing dropshipping (or ecommerce)? You do not have to put up the money up front (dropshipping) and can sell to US markets without having to be there physically.
    1. This applies to other concepts, you do not have to sell to your local market only, and you do not ever have to use your real voice if you choose. Learn how the local region does marketing and do your best to replicate.

2-Finding the Need in the market : I don’t have a clue what a good service that people are willing pay subscriptions since I never paid subscription in my life (except maybe WoW But even that I bought it with ingame currency) i also don’t find a lot of subscriptions business’s in my environment around me, how can I determine what good service I should build ?
  1. Keep eyes and ears out for idea. If you think of something that sucks to do in your daily life, write it down and get a big list together. When you have some $ and an idea you can execute.

3- lack of skills: this is the biggest hurdle I see to overcome tbh , because I don’t know what skills gonna be worth my time , “just learn 2 code bro” seem bullshit to me , I want to learn what will increase the value of my business , what will generate income , if I generate income I can hire any 2 bit coder from the street and pay him the 4$ a day to slave away
  1. IT is a big realm. Have you watched any youtube videos (series from colleges and code experts) on coding? What about network? I would just pick a skill to improve on if you want to get into a higher paying field. This is an entrepreneur forum so I am assuming your goal would be to get more income to save up to launch a business.

Hopefully this sparks some ideas for you.

All the best.

yogiho2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 26, 2024
For thought....

1. Have you thought about doing dropshipping (or ecommerce)? You do not have to put up the money up front (dropshipping) and can sell to US markets without having to be there physically.
    1. This applies to other concepts, you do not have to sell to your local market only, and you do not ever have to use your real voice if you choose. Learn how the local region does marketing and do your best to replicate.

1. Keep eyes and ears out for idea. If you think of something that sucks to do in your daily life, write it down and get a big list together. When you have some $ and an idea you can execute.

1. IT is a big realm. Have you watched any youtube videos (series from colleges and code experts) on coding? What about network? I would just pick a skill to improve on if you want to get into a higher paying field. This is an entrepreneur forum so I am assuming your goal would be to get more income to save up to launch a business.

Hopefully this sparks some ideas for you.

All the best.
thank you for replaying

for point 1 , like i said in the post above, drop shipping is a slowlane AF , its has the lowest barrier to entry of any business and massive saturated market and the chances of you hitting a homerun is very very low

for the second point i think its a good idea to keep a list of problems i see around me and it will help me change my mindset , thank you for that

for the third point i don't want to increase my value on the job market place , i rather start a business from scratch and raise that business value , i may not have any capital for start but i belive with my own effort i can make one with 0 starting dollars

SimplyMatt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
I don't fully agree with the dropshipping being slowlane, but I know it is def. not for me either. I was simply using it as an example to show you can sell outside your physical location. (There is a gold thread here where someone did that (or ECom and held storage) and made a great amount of money.)

I also think you are missing a point I am trying to get across.
Lets say I PMed you a 100 mil. dollar idea, what would you do next? Do you know how to do marketing so people know about your idea? What about getting feedback from buyers? Getting items out the door and to customers? Dealing with customer service? Sourcing and assembly of product if needed?

You do not need to have this all mastered to get started, but your going to need to know how to do this stuff. The best way to learn those things is by trying something.

Increasing income from a job allows you to try more things and learn more.

I wish you all the best.

yogiho2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 26, 2024
thank you for getting back to me ,, sorry that i didn't replay earlier

i do agree that having capital will allow you to do more things but i just disagree with the method of obtaining it

i think learning new skills and investing in myself and learning how to build a function business (website that offer a server/product) is extremely valuable , short term it wont put food in my mouth but long term will benefit me greatly

for short term i realize i need to learn web dev or at least the bare minimum , that translate to 2-3 hours from the free 5 hours after work learning and applying it ,, worst case scenario it open new slow paths best case scenario it allow me to escape modern day slavery

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Register on Upwork, Fiverr and whatever other platforms there are. For ideas on service to offer, look what jobs are sought after on these platforms (what clients are requesting explicitly), and in location+industry specific forums/groups. Set up paypal, crypto wallet, bank account etc. so you can accept payments internationally. Participate in relevant forums, online groups related to some problem where you have a service to offer. Target western customers only, preferably small companies.

Think about tedious digitals tasks small businesses have, that cannot be done automatically with software or AI. Like design, bookkeeping, technical writing, research, troubleshooting a database, editing photos, videos, etc. It has to be an important need, difficult, time-consuming and tedious for the customer. Then specialize in one thing, build a portfolio of work and testimonials/reviews. Take a look at this list for example: Freelancehunt — rates for freelance services in USD, statistics of rates for freelance services in $

Always use Grammarly or some spell checking software when communicating. Currently your style of writing is giving a less than serious impression. Focus on high quality work, communication and customer satisfaction. If satisfied, the client is likely to re-use your service. Do not try to compete on price, there will always be someone willing to do a worse job for less pay.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
im 30 year old working a job that give me 2$ a day , in a third world country where the dollar is leveraged against me 50X , I have previously wasted 5 years of my life doing absolutely nothing , wake up play video games for 12 hours and sleep only to do it again the next day, I was “free” to do anything I wanted , I could go outside or I can stay in home all day , since I relied on family for financial support , however even tho I spend all day playing video games I wasn’t happy , even tho I loved them but I was content not fulfilled

i kept thinking “ im basically doing what all retiree do but im 25 and insteed of a bank account I syphon from I syphon from my family” however this didn’t bring me happiness, is this what people strive for ? to sit In a box they call apartment and inject their mind with whatever make their brain chemicals happy ?

I quickly realized whats my problem ,, my problem is that I didn’t add value to anyone , what I truly want is to make other people happy and this bring me self-fulfilment , so I thought its time for a job

I got a job as IT and it bring me happiness to finally helping people , I loved it when people thank me for fixing their printer or fixing their connections , what I didn’t enjoy is the endless wires since im not very good with my hands and the fact that you are no different then a slave since you can’t make actual decisions that’s effect how things are runs I had ideas but everytime I came up with them I was told “stay in your lane” “ whats IT knows about X” “ just do what you are told”

working on 2$ a day just wont do , for refrence my family members after 20 years in the medical field make 15$ a day , there got to be a better way then this , slave away at job only to end up old and miserable , maybe have a couple of kids and HOPE they do better then you because you couldn’t do It yourself, tell various self lies to yourself to justify you current position.

Now after this rant what can I possibly do ? , I need to work for myself, I need to help people but make actual good money with it , so I went ahead and examined my options :

1- sell a product : I have 50x leverged against me and its growing every year , 26% inflation rate with dying currency . selling a product locally aginest those odds is shooting myself in the foot before I even start running

2- selling a service : same issues as above PLUS you pay with your time , say I started a computer repair service , where I go to people houses and fix their PC , most people have phones now not PC and how many people I can go to in a day ? 3 ? 5 if I really pushed it ? giving me 5$ per fix for 25$ a day ? no thank you

3-selling products online: it fixes a lot of issues since you get paid by the $ , so I get the 50x leverage working for me insteed of against me , however there millions and millions of products out there , I feel the odds of finding a winning product are slim and I don’t have the required capital to even advertise them (reminder I make 2$ a day)
dropshipping ? any highschooler in the USA with spare couch change can make a website in 2 days and sell the same product as you ( Entry is easy no barrier) , and your only axis for improvement are price and advertising , you can’t add features or control manufacturing ( a lose control)

4- selling a service online: to me this seem the only viable route for me , services are hard to build (entry barrier) , the control is you and your efforts alone , the really hard part is automating them but it can be solved with a lot of effort and ingenuity.

This I came to conclusion is that if Im gonna invest the next 5 years of my life into something it got to be some sort of online service however those are my challenges.

So my to plan is basically :

1- finding a service that the people need

2- learning the skills require to build a business by ACTUALLY building the business

3- Scaling the business to the moon

If you read this far im looking for feedback and suggestion , in the past I made the critical mistake of listening to the wrong people and letting my path be dictated by them and forgot that they are average people looking for average results , meanwhile here I see people who don’t want to be average but aspire to be more ad i hope some who have been in my position can save me some time and effort and lead me through a better path
If you are just aiming to make much more than 2 dollar a day. There are a lot of low entry low ceiling hustles you can do online too see results quickly for you to build some capital.

Once you make the money you can get the first pot of gold to build a higher entry barrier offline business in your local area.

With help of AI and developing writing/video editing skill it is not hard to make $500-$1000 a month if you can attract readers from developed countries.

DonDeGuzman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 19, 2024
I would suggest solving the BIGGEST problem that you believe you can and are interested in (even somewhat). If you're interested in it, chances are you already have some experience and knowledge with it otherwise you would be going blind.

The bigger the problem is, the lesser the competition, the higher you can charge.

The best customers to target in my opinion are the people who are just like you because if you understand someone on a deeper level, you can sell well to them.

I got paid around $400 doing only an hour of work and I'm also from a 3rd world country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.