The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My pressure washing business thus far

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Fastlaners,

I put my head down and been working my a$$ off for the past couple of weeks. I'm 21 years old, have a day job and have recently started a pressure washing business. I previously posted a thread about how to market it and now I'm here to share some results.

The first week: $450 in profits
I have brought in $1,050 this week in profits.

I started by jumping on the nextdoor app and posting a thread on my pressure washing services. After that, I contacted people I knew in the area and advertised my services. I got my first bite, a friend of mine's Mom is a real estate agent and had a house she's putting on the market and wanted it pressure washed. I went out there, did the job and aimed to over deliver. She was very pleased with my work and asked me to get business cards so she could recommend me for all of her houses that need pressure washing.

From there, I got recommended to another person that my friend knows who just wanted a simple house washing. I went out and did the same thing and he said he wanted to recommend me to anyone he knows looking for a pressure washing job in the future.

My second week:

Finally got a bite from my nextdoor post. And it was a big bite. A lady had a house she wanted washed as well as patio, deck, and porch. Ended up being a $600 job that she was very pleased with.

Then. I got recommended for another house washing which I did within a few hours over the same weekend as the lady from the Next door app.

I got recommended to another real estate agent who had a quick driveway wash he wanted me to do. Got out there and did it yesterday, but he is out of town and is yet to see my work.

Lessons thus far: OVERDELIVER on everything. Even the small stuff goes a hell of a long ways. By reaching out to the small network I have, I got recommended for many jobs that got the ball rolling for me.

I did all of this while working my day job, and hustling these jobs on the weekends/after work.

From here, I need to make a website, business cards, I made door hangers but need to go and put them out in the high end neighborhoods.

If any questions, feel free to ask :)
Are You thinking about hiring employes to make them do the washing job for You?

I suggest to think about making a franchising out of Your business.

One random person who wants to work with You can ask You to provide contacts for them. He'll operate under Your brand and will give You a part of his profit.

This is a way to make this business scalable.

Cheers,

Davide

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.