The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My name is Al from Madison -> Chicago

FinnVenture

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 5, 2018
Hi All,

My name is Al and I am an ASPIRING entrepreneur. I say that because I haven't gotten around to starting anything, except a few things back in college but never really got off the ground. I am a recent college grad from Wisconsin and kind stuck where I am. Lost to be honest. Social norms and living costs pushing me to get a good job while I know I want to start something.. I've tried applying to plenty of jobs to no avail, so maybe this time I should put my future into my own hands. Only I know what I am capable of. I am joining this forum in hopes that it will open my eyes to my truest self and solve the issues I have in my life. Thank you for reading and I look forward to learning and working with you all! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello Al,

Welcome the Fastlane forum, an awesome community filled with both budding and veteran Fastlane entrepreneurs (plus a whole lot'a dreamers too).

There are a lot of very experienced and generous people here who are always ready to help newbies like us... but only if we reach out and ask for help.

Here is one forum resource I've found very useful (You might want to follow @Andy Black, the author):

Learnings from 700+ PMs with fellow forum members

Stay blessed, and Godspeed in your Fastlane adventures!

FinnVenture

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 5, 2018
Thank you George, I appreciate the warm welcome message and tips!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've tried applying to plenty of jobs to no avail, so maybe this time I should put my future into my own hands.

First thing is first.. you gotta pay your bills.

A job can be a means to an end.

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FinnVenture

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 5, 2018

Thanks for the introduction and quote, Mr. DeMarco. I just got your book and looking forward to reading it!

I am thinking about getting started with freelancing through Upstart and Fiverr for some Digital Marketing experiences to put on my resume while I play the waiting game.

FinnVenture

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 5, 2018
Hey MJ,

I finally finished reading your book, UNSCRIPTED , and I thank you for writing it! Having an Asian upbringing and being influenced by the scripted close to me made me really confuse who I was when I already knew what I wanted to become. Until I read your book. When I opened your book and started chugging along, I can't explain the overwhelming sensation I felt. It was a sort of validation that said, "NO, YOU'RE NOT CRAZY". With every word and idea you presented, it felt as if I wrote the book myself. It felt as if you were speaking in a language I understood. And that, aside from all your important lessons, had the most impact on me.

One day, starting from today, I will make it to where you are, UNSCRIPTED . I have a lot of crazy ideas that I would like to start on and after reading your book, I know that they are possible. Thank you, really, from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

An update about my life since we last met on the forum: I've gotten a part-time job as a barback downtown and starting my online marketing agency.

A side note, do you really hate Chicago that much? Geez, making me regret my decision to move here after college! Ha. I enjoyed your stories of Chicago and greek life, they really resonated with me as I was also a part of greek (multicultural). By the way, what greek org were you apart of in college? That story of when you and your frat hosted a party reminded me of all the parties my fraternity hosted that didn't turn out well! Good times.

Thanks and best wishes,
Al

Welcome to the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.