The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My lifes passion! input please.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
If forgot to mention about the video. My next video I plan an using part of John Mairs (sp?) song 'Waiting for the World To Change', and contrasting that with this song from Five for Fighting. Hopefully my skills will get better the more I do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Kurt -

Just finished compiling my first rent deposit for the month of January. Had to mention that I don't think I have ever had such an enjoyable time opening the mail. :) Not only do I love getting checks but, this month, many envelopes also included a nice thank you note as well - all related to the 'feed your family, feed the world' products.

My only wish was that the tenants also knew about the cause behind the product. I realize you are just starting up but, for the future, perhaps you could include a small insert, which explains the benefit to the children.

Just a thought.

It was a pleasure doing business with your org. Everything arrived promptly and the product is wonderful (I kept a few for myself!) :)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thank You very much, I am glad that you and the tenants enjoyed it.

I was under the impression that we were including these inserts, I will check into that this weekend.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Ok, I am a little overdue for an update. I was waiting until we passed the 2 year mark in Ornellas life which happened this week. Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible.

We should soon have some new pics and video from the CAR.

My companies (job) internal website just did an article on the project which goes to about 2000 employees, so that is cool.

PR has lagged a bit, I am planning on turning that around next week.

I still have some changes that need done to the sight, but funds are tight for the next 2 months.

All in all, still very exciting and building momentum.

Any other suggestions for building further are always appreciated.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
New videos should be on American soil this Thursday. Hopefully Youtube videos will follow shortly.

I am establishing bonoreport.com and angelinawatch.com. 2 blogs to chronicle the charity of these two people and then advertise our site to the traffic. I will have a question regarding this in another thread.

I am also looking at adding a new product. Weighing between a recipe book using our products, tshirts, or one of those rubber bracelet thingies.

John

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 18, 2007
I like the counter on your homepage that shows how many days Ornella has been sponsored for. You should make this into an embeddable widget that people can put on their own websites or social networking pages. This is a great way to virally market your site while also allowing your supporters to show off the progress on their own websites. "817 / 3710 days sponsored, click here to help" is a great call to action and will really get people motivated.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Had Elk Steak Fajitas last night - and put the Pineapple Salsa on the table.

It made the meal!!!! VERY good stuff. :hl::hl:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thanks for the feedback. I have never partaken in elk before, but now I know the 2 go together. Things have slowed down a bit, so I am really trying to digin and learn this whole e promotion thing better. I feel like an ant trying to steer an elephant.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
part of the problem may be the cyclical aspect of your product... if every purchase is going to last me 3 months then I won't buy more for the next three months.. or more if I happen to 'forget' about it.

What is your average purchase like? how long should it last? I designed an application a few years back to estimate these numbers and send emails around the time the products should be running out for the customers, as a friendly reminder so they can come back and purchase more. It may be a little bit more difficult in your case as you may have no clue how long it'll last depending on the levels of consumption, but still it may be worth the time to look into this.

Of course the big thing is to get more customers, but repetitive purchases will actually make your business big.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thanks andviv, some great thoughts.

Actually the issue I am trying to learn about is traffic generation. I am picking things up as I go, but I am frustrated with my own learning curve. It seems like each piece of the puzzle I think I have a grasp on, a new one follows. I think I am getting closer.

To answer your questions directly- salsas tend to run 3-4 week consumption rate. All others are about 2-3 months. The reorder email I love, and I will definetely have to utilize that. Our shopping cart is able to sort all of those things out for us, so I should be able to do this quite easily.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey Kurt -

Must have glanced at the jar in the fridge today or something because I found myself thinking about who your target audience might be.

Who is it that needs an inexpensive gift, in a higher quantity?

The first thought (besides landlords) that came to my mind was people involved in planning a wedding, wedding shower or even baby shower. I have planned quite a few showers in my time and it is always hard to come up with a small gift that someone might actually USE. I almost always found my favors online.

Perhaps you could find a way to get yourself hooked up with some of the wedding sites (theknot.com)? Many have lists of 'favors' which they recommend.

I know that my friends and myself, who were once brides, would feel good about having a favor that would not only be of use to the attendees but something that everyone can feel good about as well.

Maybe you could find a way to add blue or pink ribbons to the jars (or people could really do this themselves.... I did at Christmas).

Just a thought.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
thanks, that would be a great idea. I am going to work on networking with some wedding planners to see how that would work.

Right now I am trying to implement the ideas given in http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=9389

btw, we are closing in on 3 full years sponsored in Ornellas life. Very exciting. At this pace we will be able to see Ornella sponsored through adulthood by the end of this year.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
quick update, we are closing in on three years, looking at a rockefeller approach which I will post in a new thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.