The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My life sucks, so I'm going to make $1,000,000 in 12 months

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
http://titintech.com/

This kid was written up in my Georgia Tech alum magazine a couple years ago, and just saw him on shark tank. He'll do really well w/ this. Weighted compression athletic training apparel.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I haven't read any replies until now.

I'm freelance writing for the time being (usually 4 hours per day) for money to cover living expenses. When I exceed my living expenses with passive income I will switch to working on my own products full time.

Why is your bench higher than your squat? Nvm that doesn't matter. Looking forward to seeing your progression. Ive been making ok money buying and selling stuff i buy from garage sales (just a suggestion for some start up).
Sent from my fish using splash
ankle sprains :D
Good luck on your journey.
I'm also in the fitness industry, well not yet, I'm starting my blog and I will write an ebook on fitness and another one on self-development.
Good luck my friend!
Maybe you are posting your current residual income and not the income of your big venture, but if not this is not the right direction. The $124 in 2 days does not mean much. How you get it is much more important

I agree with you. I'm just including it because it's technically still money I'm making, and I intend to stop freelance writing as soon as possible. (It currently is the only thing covering my living expenses)

Ok. Goodnight for real this time :)

Edit: oh, and $1MM is revenue.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Day 4: Made $78 today.

Month 1: $222/$1,000
zW96Dht.png

Goodnight :)

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
Good luck man. I would personally set a different goal but I want to help you reach yours. We should do another productivity duel soon.:)

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
I've done strongman and powerlifting before.

The best bet I've seen most "fitness" experts win in the fastlane?

Take gear while bodybuilding towards an aesthetic body. Sell people via custom bodybuilding regimens and diet plans.

This has been by far the fastest I've seen someone go in the fastlane. Sure you have sixpackbags (whatever the name is) but I've seen people take gear and make the same if not equaivalent to the income the company makes in less than half the time sixpackbags took to get started.

Meaning, if you know what you're doing, gear can literally transform you into the next Zyzz (I was in the bodybuilding forums when he first started) and you can literally start printing money if you know what you're doing. But at the end of the day you're tied to the equation (unless you outsource all of the diet and workout regimens (unethical IMO)).

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying that gear is good for you nor do I condone the usage.
This IS the fastest route. Also, you got to claim that you're natural to appear to a much wider audience

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
This IS the fastest route. Also, you got to claim that you're natural to appear to a much wider audience

This route, or creating a weight loss product via MLM and aggressive media buying affiliations. Throw infomercials into the mix too.

Every fitness product to achieve massive growth and success has aggressively gone this way. CrossFit and P90X (and all other beachbody stuff) are great examples. I'm not a super-authority on this, but that's my understanding of the fitness market, which is why I got out of it...

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
It's time to set some real f*ckin goals. I'm fed up with my half-a$$ goals, shitty life, and shifty decision making. I have a progress thread on the INSIDERS, but it has no definite goals, just "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible." I've come to realize those are shitty goals because you can't make a plan to "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible".

It's time to see what committing 1 year of my life to something can bring me. I have the perfect life situation to do it, so f*ck it.

Therefore, I'm going to make $1,000,000 by November 11th, 2015. I'm going to do it in the fitness industry. Books/products/anything else I come up with.

Where I stand with it: I've got 1 book out. It has made around 20-30 sales on amazon. I have another one in the works about halfway done. I just finished a free offer for opt-ins. Now I'm going to use my KDP select free promotion days to drive the downloaders of my book to my site, where they will opt-in for my free e-book so I can start building a list. I know my stuff adds value to people; I just have to keep improving, keep putting products out, and market the shit out of them.

On top of that, I'm going to add some amazing feats of strength that are going to help me not only become a badass MF'er, but also give me significant credibility in my industry.

Feats:

Bench 350x1 (Current max: 245x5)
Squat: 400x1 (Current max: 215x5)
Deadlift: 450x1 (Current max: 300x6)
20 Handstand Push-Ups (Can hold a handstand coming off of a wall for 5-6 seconds)
Full Planche (Can do a tuck planche)
Manna (Can do Tuck L-sit)
Front Lever (Can do advanced tuck front lever)
Back Lever (Haven't tried yet, using skin the cats to stretch shoulders currently)
3 1-arm pullups (with each arm) (Getting better at controlled negatives, not fully controlled yet)
Splits 3 inches below parallel (Idk exactly how far I am, getting closer to normal splits, been practicing flexibility for over a month now)

Money:
Month 1- $1,000
Month 2- $2,000
Month 3- $4,000
Month 4- $8,000
Month 5- $15,000
Month 6- $25,000
Month 7- $50,000
Month 8- $100,000
Month 9- $250,000
Month 10- $450,000
Month 11- $700,000
Month 12- $1,000,000

Right now I make a little less than $1,000 a month (mostly freelance writing), and it stresses me out.

Main things I need to work on:
1. Collaborating with people. I can't do this on my own.
2. Improve my work ethic a little bit day by day.

After this post I will be activating a chrome app that blocks all sites that I spend too much time on. From 8am-8pm MST I will not be allowed on any of those sites, this being one of them. If any mod wants to ban me for coming on this site between those hours, please feel free.

I'll update my daily earnings every night.

FYI: I will not be acknowledging negative posts. Only positivity for me from here on out. That's not to say I will ignore constructive criticism. I need that. If I say anything negative or downer-like in this thread, I'd like for mods to feel free to ban me for that, too.

Today is the day I instantly change my life. I encourage anyone else to do the same.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

The system didn't allow me to transfer an entire $1,000 to you, so I did it 10 times on this one post.

Unfortunately, $1,000.00 on this site is not worth $1,000.00 in real life, but hopefully the transfer of imaginary $1,000.00 is at least a symbol of my 100% agreement to the entire spirit of this thread. Finally, someone who tells it like it is.

Money makes your life better. Lots makes it lots better.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I made $71 yesterday, and $180 today. Got a lot of writing work this weekend, surprisingly. Now I've got a little bit more time to focus on my own stuff and not stress about paying the bills as much. Second book almost finished and I've got a more grandiose product idea that I'm going to go with.

Month 1: $473/$1,000
7mZxwzm.png

goodnight :)

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I made $71 yesterday, and $180 today. Got a lot of writing work this weekend, surprisingly. Now I've got a little bit more time to focus on my own stuff and not stress about paying the bills as much. Second book almost finished and I've got a more grandiose product idea that I'm going to go with.

Month 1: $473/$1,000
7mZxwzm.png

goodnight :)
Can confirm for the haters. Yes he made $180 today.

Last edited:

Geeko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 19, 2014
Wow. Congratulations on the $180 man. Later on, it will be key to look back at where you came from to stay motivated

Sent from my fish using splash

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Hecks yeah, going to start converting the naysayers soon. As much fun as it was to heckle, it's a lot more fun to see someone succeed.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Hecks yeah, going to start converting the naysayers soon. As much fun as it was to heckle, it's a lot more fun to see someone succeed.

I know a lot of people on this forum have slammed how this is event driven because it's a focus on a monetary figure and not solving a problem. In response to that, I want to share two slides by Ryan Allis (iContact founder) showing his thought process when he was 16.

HXEtVnu.jpg

CFNgLM3.jpg

Ryan didn't say "Build an email marketing company to $1M in sales". He didn't say "Build a B2B marketing company to $1M in sales". He said, "Build a COMPANY to $1M in sales"

The only difference between Jake and Ryan Allis is the timeline of 5 years vs. 1 years. Either way, their mind's eye is seeing the same thing.

I don't think there is any problem with lofty, bold declarations so long as you take consistent action towards that goal and so far Jake is doing it!

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
You need to be clear with your "why" and take consistent action and you will surely move towards your goal. OP seems to be clear about why he wants to do it and is taking regular action. All said and done it is much better then not having a goal and/or not taking action.

I do agree the goal is quite a lofty goal but at the same time a goal of 1m may not have to be necessarily divided by 365 in order to achieve it in 1 year. If you keep launching products consistently, the compounding effect may add up towards the end of the project period.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
D

DeletedUser394

It's a bit too early to pop the champagne.

$180/day is just over $65,000 in 12 months.

He'll start converting disbelievers when he hits $2,740/day which is the number actually needed to get to that million.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
The $180 is a stroke of luck tbh... I've never gotten this kind of workload before. There are times where I've gone 4 days in a row making $0, and that is very stressful, which is what drives me to do something more under my control. It took me nearly all day yesterday to get that money and freelance writing isn't scalable. There's no way to divorce my time from it.

I still haven't made much of anything from my own products... but I will.

joncrx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
Amen.

So let's see you're going to double your income in December....how? By the way you don't have too long to think about that, because you have to double Decembers income in January. I'm assuming we're talking net profit and not gross.

Without a proper plan you're just setting yourself up to be increasingly disappointed each month until you give up out of frustration. So I give you 3 months. That's how long raw motivation usually lasts, I've been there, so I'm not bashing on you, just giving you a different perspective.

You seem to like to workout so let me parallel it for you. If you were doing squats at 100lbs this month, do you think you could do 200lbs next month? I don't see why not if you work hard enough. But what about the third month when you start doing 400lbs...hmmm that would be a little trickier. Then the 4th month you'd be squatting 800lbs. See where I'm going with this?

Just like you didn't hit your current max in the gym within a month or two you can't double your max within a month much less every single month on a compounded growth rate.

Good luck.

I've gotta agree on this one. If you look at your math, you're not earning $1 mil in 12 months. You're earning $2,605,000 and have a $12 million dollar business at the end...assuming I'm reading the math right. Goals are important, but only with specificity and a plan. Otherwise it's just a numerical vision board :)

Good luck to you.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I've gotta agree on this one. If you look at your math, you're not earning $1 mil in 12 months. You're earning $2,605,000 and have a $12 million dollar business at the end...assuming I'm reading the math right. Goals are important, but only with specificity and a plan. Otherwise it's just a numerical vision board :)

Good luck to you.
The #'s are benchmarks, or a pace, for reaching $1 mill. Anyways, those numbers aren't important to me. If I fall behind pace I'll make it up somewhere. All that matters is that I have $1 mill after 12 months.

G

GuestUser112

Feats:

Bench 350x1 (Current max: 245x5)
Squat: 400x1 (Current max: 215x5)
Deadlift: 450x1 (Current max: 300x6)

Contrary to popular belief, you should NEVER even attempt to find your 1 REP MAX. Yeah it's cool to be able to squat 400 lbs once but it's a recipe for disaster in the form of serious injury. All it takes when you're doing your max is for you to break form for one second and next thing you know, all the weight is on one tiny muscle and that muscle will not be able to take it. And if you're doing your 1 rep max, eventually you will break form. It's inevitable. There's nothing wrong with doing lower weights for 4 - 5 reps you can still get massive gains and you don't risk a lifelong injury.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Contrary to popular belief, you should NEVER even attempt to find your 1 REP MAX. Yeah it's cool to be able to squat 400 lbs once but it's a recipe for disaster in the form of serious injury. All it takes when you're doing your max is for you to break form for one second and next thing you know, all the weight is on one tiny muscle and that muscle will not be able to take it. And if you're doing your 1 rep max, eventually you will break form. It's inevitable. There's nothing wrong with doing lower weights for 4 - 5 reps you can still get massive gains and you don't risk a lifelong injury.
He's not maxing every day. It's okay to have one day of doing your max reps once or twice a year...

G

GuestUser112

He's not maxing every day. It's okay to have one day of doing your max reps once or twice a year...

Well if you think that mental masturbation is worth the risk of lifelong injury then go for it. But if you're writing fitness books that advise people to try to find their max rep then you're putting people in danger so I thought it was worth mentioning. Truth be told max rep will be different for everybody and you can still measure milestones through 5 rep-sets. There really isn't any useful reason to find your max rep. Fitness is a process, max rep is a silly and dangerous event.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Well if you think that mental masturbation is worth the risk of lifelong injury then go for it. But if you're writing fitness books that advise people to try to find their max rep then you're putting people in danger so I thought it was worth mentioning. Truth be told max rep will be different for everybody and you can still measure milestones through 5 rep-sets. There really isn't any useful reason to find your max rep. Fitness is a process, max rep is a silly and dangerous event.
Okay

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Is this really the place for this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.