The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

10Fold

Custom titles are a dope idea
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi All,

I am starting this thread to post about my journey in hopes it will benefit others and also myself through feedback and suggestions.

I've had it all wrong. I leaped into entrepreneurship without tending to one of the most important aspects: Health.
Time-wasting bad habits have held me back. My mental health has acted as an anchor to my goals but no longer.

I found myself going through long strides of depression with short bursts of ecstasy and energy. One doctor said I may be
bipolar but others disagreed. There is still a long way to go but I have been making changes to my lifestyle.
Bad habits like watching Youtube, Netflix, etc endlessly are out the window. I am pretty active but I am planning on going to the gym
with some friends soon. With the extra time on my hands, I have been reading books, listening to podcasts, and making a proper
start on my Fastlane journey!

I am a part owner of a moving company in Wellington, New Zealand. I was in uni studying engineering but due to the aforementioned health,
my studies weren't going terribly well. When my friend told me he was starting Mr Shifter with his dad who had a lot of experience in the industry, I knew it would be a good start to my journey. At the end of the day, the same skills I was learning in uni can be acquired online for a fraction of the price.

Mr. Shifter has been operating for a few months now and already has a great foundation of five-star reviews. The other day, we were picking up a cabinet that a customer had bought. The seller was so impressed with our techniques and care that she asked for a business card, saying she will be using us in future. Productocracy in action!

There is a lot of subpar competition in Wellington when it comes to moving and Mr. Shifter can eat them alive! We have been looking at a carbon
neutral model as well as how moving companies operate in Japan.
Here is a link to our website: www.mrshifter.co.nz

I am also looking into flipping cars. Here in NZ, you can sell, 8 cars per year without a dealership license (which costs only $700 NZD ish).
There is some good money in it and lucky for me, one of my friends is a qualified mechanic who can teach and help me out.

Currently, I am also in the process of upskilling myself on things such as coding and bookkeeping.

Long term, I would like to sell my stake in the moving company back to my friend and his dad and start my own ventures. I am quite interested
in green energy and would love to tap into the market there. Real estate is another good one, but property here is quite expensive.

Till next time.
- Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
I've had so much right but so much wrong.

Recent events have afforded me the whiplash I needed to 'snap out of it'.

There was an internal conflict with the company and had to leave because of it.
Should have known. The signs were there. I was just blind to them.
Toxic relationships don't become apparent until the shit hits the fan.
Going into business with others will reveal their true selves in that environment.

I had to learn the hard way. At least I can't forget that lesson. My closest friend of 6 years is gone.
Well, not forever I hope. Maybe one day we can reconnect. We were both in very rough places in our lives.
We simply couldn't comprehend the gravity of it all due to our own issues clouding our judgment.

My health is on the up and up. Being blind for so long has made me look back with a different light.
Coming to many realizations every day.
I feel so much better.

All this time I had been trying to pursue entrepreneurship without taking health to heart. Dumb of me I know.
I was a dumb kid. Despite being called 'smart', 'sharp', 'clever', or 'genius'. It all went to my head. Everything. Overwhelming. Worrying about every little thing like it all matters.
Consuming me. Eating me up inside. Disintegrating my health and well-being.

Because of this, I was only able to grasp the basic principles MJ DeMarco has set out for us. Not anymore.
I have learned many lessons in 20 years and look forward to jumping into the deep end when the time is right
to learn some more.

Moving to Oz next year. Have a gig lined up to get me on my feet and family there too so I will have people there to help
me. Planning on finding an entrepreneurship community there in Melbourne and a mentor for guidance and good vibes.

I have been working at Kennards Hire for almost 9 months now. Holy shit man, the stuff I have learned working there.
The way they conduct business, treat employees and customers is next level. They know how to spend their money.
Half a billion gross in one year (22') and a 75th this year is proof of that.

Working on myself and making sure I make the right decisions atm. Seems basic but I had crucially been missing
it. Haven't been super active on the forum. I want to be but I just need time. Time to myself. Time to breathe and think
over things...

Hope you all are thriving :)

Will update in future.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Feel ready now. Ready to take on the world. Regardless of what it throws at me.

Been focused on my mental health and things have really gotten better.

For years I’ve had chronic depression. I was uncontrolled and overwhelmed. Stuck in my own head. The moment I hit a wall I went running for somewhere to hide repeating the cycle. I said I was one thing when I really was another. Only fuelling my depression.

One thing I’ve learned throughout this ordeal is how important it is to have a good relationship with the soul. Having a solid bond with the soul is crucial to mental health.

Plan on going to Oz for a week to confirm if it’s the right move. Will likely be late this year or early next year.

Currently, I am focused on upskilling myself so that I can be better prepared for my entrepreneurial endeavours.

I am taking a full-stack engineering course on codecademy. Full-stack engineers are a jack of all trades when it comes to programming so it will be of great use. I enjoyed programming in uni so I feel it’s the right fit.

With such knowledge I will be able to outsource myself to another level. Providing software solutions to individuals and businesses which has vast potential for a Fastlane business in of itself.

My full time income isn’t enough. With the spare time I have on my hands I have been looking at side hustles to enhance my income.
Was looking at flipping cars but where I am based at the moment I simply don’t have the space. I’m not very well equipped for it either.

Mobile headlight restoration on the other hand has tickled my fancy. There are great products like Rainx who sell full on kits to restore headlights. Could also get into wet sand polishing etc down the road. Rainx provide other products for windscreens and mirrors to prevent fog and displace moisture which I could also provide as an installation service.

Will continue to keep you guys posted.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Setting up the mobile headlight restoration side hustle.

Just made a design for some flyers. Contacted a printing company to get them done up.

Plan on buying supplies and getting all the flyers done by Friday so that I can start promoting the service over the weekend.

Made a Facebook page too so customers can easily contact me.

Attachments

• IMG_0286.png
    IMG_0286.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Setting up the mobile headlight restoration side hustle.

Just made a design for some flyers. Contacted a printing company to get them done up.

Plan on buying supplies and getting all the flyers done by Friday so that I can start promoting the service over the weekend.

Made a Facebook page too so customers can easily contact me.
That's the key. You've taken the first step. You sound like you are doing better.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
That's the key. You've taken the first step. You sound like you are doing better.

Hello again!

The time is currently 22:07 (NZT) on the 2nd of August 2023.

You are right on the money WJK... Not surprising haha.

I haven't been too active recently...

Needed to breathe; think.

Needed to come to certain conclusions.

Coming to revelations every day...

it's been overwhelming...

But its the:
Trials and tribulations that result in the revelations that make us who we are

How are you?
How's figuring out retirement going?
Sounds like a dream to me :) oh, one day. 5 to 10 years baby!
Gotta love Fastlane talk.

Here's a current vibe:

Look forward to hearing from you...

Kind regards,

Ryan Curry
---------------------
{
ryan.currynz@gmail.com
Main driver @ Kennards Hire Wellington City & Fastlane Entrepreneur
}

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Continuity and Prosperity are so key
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vibe:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a cousin in London. A VP, he's a VIP there... He's reached damn near the top of the Rat Race... Going to his wedding in Sep and looking forward to it :)

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
I've been blind to so much...
Close-mindedness has held me back...
More, the delusion of thinking I was open-minded has anchored me...

I apologize for my past indiscretion
@MJ DeMarco

The VIbe:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Might get into SEO; I'll see how I go :)

The Vibe:
(Outrageous I know)
LAST POST FOR THE NIGHT; APOLOGISE FOR THE SPAM

I have another execution format: An Instagram Page...
For reasons of control

The Vibe:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@monofett2003

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laters... Gaters

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi 10fold, you sound like you have good intentions but get sidetracked a bit too easily sometimes. It also seems to me that your inner state is too much of a hurdle for some of the things you are planning. Following a system is better than relying on your own motivation (ups and downs constantly).

Health is so important, you are right with that. Without it, even the Fastlane is worthless - how to enjoy anything while feeling like crap?

Hope you find your way!

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi 10fold, you sound like you have good intentions but get sidetracked a bit too easily sometimes. It also seems to me that your inner state is too much of a hurdle for some of the things you are planning. Following a system is better than relying on your own motivation (ups and downs constantly).

Health is so important, you are right with that. Without it, even the Fastlane is worthless - how to enjoy anything while feeling like crap?

Hope you find your way! Following :)
Thank you for your wise words Gepi :)
You are completely right.

I appreciate the brutal honesty. Real needs real. Real needs to meet more real... U feel?

Here Are Some Vibes:
Code:
<h1> VIVA LA DROGA; VIVA LA VIDA! </h1>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Sir Robert Hall said in "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind":

"What's your name? What's your game?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,
Ryan Curry AKA Mistacurry
Main Driver @ Kennards Hire Wellington City & Fastlane Entrepreneur

1690984630582.png

Can u guess what "KENOATH" is short for? XD

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
F*ck: I've got some maddd insomnia rn

75mg of the Promethazine I was prescribed simply isnt enough

-- Hard to sleep when u makin' moves hah

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Sir Robert Hall said in "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind":

"What's your name? What's your game?"

Kind regards,
Ryan Curry AKA Mistacurry
Main Driver @ Kennards Hire Wellington City & Fastlane Entrepreneur

View attachment 50548

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Was feelin' kinda tired I'm wired and restless again hah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIBES:

----------------------------------

---------------------------------

Here's a review of my car by a local YouTuber [KiwiCarLife]:

---------------------
<p1> Can't b fastlane w/o a fast whip... </p1>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Was feelin' kinda tired I'm wired and restless again hah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIBES:

----------------------------------

---------------------------------

Here's a review of my car by a local YouTuber [KiwiCarLife]:

Can't b fastlane w/o a fast whip...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Retirement? I'm working on putting together another deal on a trashed property today. I think it will go together. I'll have to run hard today to put the paperwork together. It's deep into foreclosure and the time issues are pretty short. We'll see. The property comes with mountains of trash and problems. We'll see if it all comes together. As I've said, I'm not very good at this retirement stuff.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Retirement? I'm working on putting together another deal on a trashed property today. I think it will go together. I'll have to run hard today to put the paperwork together. It's deep into foreclosure and the time issues are pretty short. We'll see. The property comes with mountains of trash and problems. We'll see if it all comes together. As I've said, I'm not very good at this retirement stuff.
The hustle is real!

Glad you're still getting that bag while planning 'retirement'

U remind me of my grandparents haha
Boppa is an engineer (worked at NIWA). Raced the rat race. Started figuring it out.
<h2>
Making more money wheeling and dealing (Just for fun) while living large.
</h2>
They're currently out in Oz (bought a brand new offroad [outback ready] motorhome).
They've clocked 20000km in the last year!

Can't wait to live like that!

In the meantime, with the three Fs in mind: I'm keeping them close. Love the farm life; Going to spend weekends at their's :)

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
The hustle is real!

Boppa is an engineer (worked at NIWA). Raced the rat race. Started figuring it out.
<h2>
</h2>
They're currently out in Oz (bought a brand new offroad [outback ready] motorhome).

In the meantime, with the three Fs in mind: I'm keeping them close. Love the farm life; Going to spend weekends at their's :)
Thinking of joining INSIDERS soon...

I have joined b4 but just couldn't utilize it at the time...

Thoughts?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The hustle is real!

<h2>
</h2>

I really like to play the game. It's a lot more fun when you can afford it.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Fact's brother
I Work Hard EverydayWork Hard --> Play Hard

Vibes:
tldr: She cute; She make bops... Nuff Said

I'll admit, I've been lonely: Haven't seen 'action' for 3 years holy shit.
I was just in a bad place.
No more.
I'll get that action as I am actioning.
Nuff Said.
TLDR; Actions speak louder than words; H*ly F*cking Sh*t; Looking forward to driving the LS Holden, The SE Chysler, The Can-AM, The Landcruiser, The Jimney; At the farm :)
Oh wait, can't forget about the Vitara: The whip I learned manual on. What an absolutely legendary workhorse...

... Genius:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-aEdRG95I&ab_channel=Genius

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
I Work Hard EverydayWork Hard --> Play Hard

Vibes:
tldr: She cute; She make bops... Nuff Said

I'll admit, I've been lonely: Haven't seen 'action' for 3 years holy shit.
I was just in a bad place.
No more.
I'll get that action as I am actioning.
Nuff Said.
TLDR; Actions speak louder than words; H*ly F*cking Sh*t; Looking forward to driving the LS Holden, The SE Chysler, The Can-AM, The Landcruiser, The Jimney; At the farm :)
Oh wait, can't forget about the Vitara: The whip I learned manual on. What an absolutely legendary workhorse...
The gate closes at 10 but I was given the code/ph n.o kinda thing... Lifes good... Been so so blind; But now I see...

I'm tearing up ngl, so much change... For the better... I'll get there... 5 to 10 baby!

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
The gate closes at 10 but I was given the code/ph n.o kinda thing... Lifes good... Been so so blind; But now I see...

I'm tearing up ngl, so much change... For the better... I'll get there... 5 to 10 baby!
Ok so Keisuke (the nb mx5; my first car [5.5k buy]) is at a mate's garage getting treated right...
Been whipping a green honda...

So...

Vibe:
Haha, dope artist in nz... Totally dont have the hots 4 her haha

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Nah but FR:

Was trying to find another "I Need It" song but migos go hard...

Enough play; Back to work.

VIBES

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Nah but FR:

Was trying to find another "I Need It" song but migos go hard...

Enough play; Back to work.

VIBES
Almostt forgot:

Gott me reminiscing over an influential film:

----------------------------------------
Goodnight Hustlers

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
OK.

I definitely needed some time.

It's been very hard for me...

I did the impossible: Opened up to the folks.

I guess I didn't want to see the tears...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIVA LA [INSERT] I LOVE [INSERT]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found out more about myself in the process...

I love art. Going to get into videography and photography as a hobby and
as a general outlet...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had to reconfigure my mindset

Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
OK.

I definitely needed some time.

It's been very hard for me...

I did the impossible: Opened up to the folks.

I guess I didn't want to see the tears...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIVA LA [INSERT] I LOVE [INSERT]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found out more about myself in the process...

I love art. Going to get into videography and photography as a hobby and
as a general outlet...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had to reconfigure my mindset
-----------------------------------------------------
I was at the ER...
For a mental health thing...
Getting better day by day.

Been banned from driving professionally for 2wks...
That doesn't mean I can't drive my car haha (BACK FROM THE SHOP!)

Just been a lot...
Not allowed to go to the farm... Yet...
I feel like I am in a cage rn but it's the way it has got to be.
It will get better; I will be out at the farm soon...

Vibes:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
UPDATE

So now I can’t drive full stop…
Because of the medication I am currently on.
2 weeks they take to reach full effect so cannot drive until that time is done.

Doctors have diagnosed me as having hypomania (distant cousin of bipolar).
A label what what I was going through has been great. Been able to attack the problem. Still doing so…

Since I can’t drive, I’m putting the side hustle on the back burner. Been focused on myself. Some much needed self care.

Sometimes my thoughts race too quick making it hard to get anything done but I have been seizing that opportunity and getting out my pad and pen. I have 2 weeks paid sick leave so I have time on my hands.

My plan is to save up as much as possible with my full time role and my side hustle when I can go back to driving.

Hope you all are well.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
This time has been great all things considered...
Haven't handed/attached the flyers yet...
Been so busy... At least that's how it feels...

My mental health gets more stable by the day. I'm improving every day; learning and growing.

I wanted to vet some ideas but maybe I should do it on INSIDERS?

Anyway, hope the hustle is going good :)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This time has been great all things considered...
Haven't handed/attached the flyers yet...
Been so busy... At least that's how it feels...

My mental health gets more stable by the day. I'm improving every day; learning and growing.

I wanted to vet some ideas but maybe I should do it on INSIDERS?

Anyway, hope the hustle is going good :)
Working with purpose, sleeping well, and eating the right foods will all make you more mentally stable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.