The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Forum

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
So I posted up an idea to build a guild wars 2 forum the other day.

24hrs past and nobody had commited.

I thought what the hell - lets do it!

(I never have and probably never will play guild wars, but I admire the people who have time for that)

This is the design so far, what do you think?

guildwars2forum.me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Waste of time. Do your research, forums rarely make much money these days. There are always exceptions though.

tm33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2011
About an hour ago I looked at the Forum, then I just looked at it again. You changed it. I liked the original, but both look great. G

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Why do you use .me? I can understand it for tell.me because thats brandable, but for the rest?

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
What will the Internet landscape look like 25 years from now? Will you still be able to find domain names with eight letters? Ten? Look at eBay names. There's a lot of Julie-56227 because the normal names are taken. At some point the only original dot com domain will look like a UPS tracking number.

Remember the SNL skit where a law firm registered themselves as www.clownpenis.fart? We're not far off.

I've called Alty the king of dot me. There may be some benefit to it in the future. I'm reserving judgement for a decade or two.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Well I don't believe that and most experts on domain don't do either. But yea, its impossible to predict. Maybe .me and others become important. And maybe all domains eventually disappear and the web of the future uses something different (like an app store).

Michal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 14, 2012
Waste of time. Do your research, forums rarely make much money these days. There are always exceptions though.

I would like to know what is the general idea behind forums 'making money'. How could a forum generate income? Do members/participants pay a fee? Or is it through selling advertisement space on the forum? Any other sources? Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.