The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first blog.... any feedbakck would be great

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
Just completed working on my first blog which will assist people in a step-by-step how to buy a home. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Link to the blog below

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chris_Varick

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 8, 2021
North Germany
just looked at the blog and congratulations that you have created it. My thoughts are as follows:
Why would you chose this business segment? Your company profile is not active - do you have made very good experience on this topic?
Second, I guess youtube is already filled with tons of videos regarding real estate, about the pitfalls, financing, real-estate market bubble, how much can I afford and so on? The question that comes to my mind, why would I read your blog ? Are you in any way differentiating from other content that can catch my attention? Can we as a consumer of your blog except a series of articles describing examples and pitfalls and recommendations of every stage that you have described like "Preparing to Buy a Home: 3-4 weeks" ? Also maybe an introduction of your person and you experience in this area would be odd to se on the starting page. I really like the main idea that you have to have a deep insight look at each stage from choosing until buying - I think this is what has the best potential here when evolving your blog.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Just completed working on my first blog which will assist people in a step-by-step how to buy a home. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Link to the blog below

Its a mistake to use blogspot.
My advice is find a cheap hosting, isntall wordpress on your own domain.
Alot of pretty themes are very cheap.
That way at least you gain a dregree of control.
Never use blogspot for any actual blogging.

If you need help with the WP setup, I can link you some guides.

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
Its a mistake to use blogspot.
My advice is find a cheap hosting, isntall wordpress on your own domain.
Alot of pretty themes are very cheap.
That way at least you gain a dregree of control.
Never use blogspot for any actual blogging.

thank you so much for the feedback. I chose blogpost because it's the easiest and fastest to install. I did get a Word Press account but its just not that user-friendly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
just looked at the blog and congratulations that you have created it. My thoughts are as follows:
Why would you chose this business segment? Your company profile is not active - do you have made very good experience on this topic?
Second, I guess youtube is already filled with tons of videos regarding real estate, about the pitfalls, financing, real-estate market bubble, how much can I afford and so on? The question that comes to my mind, why would I read your blog ? Are you in any way differentiating from other content that can catch my attention? Can we as a consumer of your blog except a series of articles describing examples and pitfalls and recommendations of every stage that you have described like "Preparing to Buy a Home: 3-4 weeks" ? Also maybe an introduction of your person and you experience in this area would be odd to se on the starting page. I really like the main idea that you have to have a deep insight look at each stage from choosing until buying - I think this is what has the best potential here when evolving your blog.
thank you Chris for the feedback. I chose real estate because this is what I do for a living. This is what I am trying to do, when it comes to buying a home, people jump in and start looking at homes but without understanding the process itself. I am talking about securing financing, making sure they have enough to cover down payment and closing cost, picking the right neighborhood .....etc. What I am trying to do here is to give people a road map of step-by-step in how to purchase your first home. So many websites out there all they show are pictures of homes and how much they ask for them. I want to take things one step further that instead of being a salesperson, why I don't become a trusted adviser? I will share with people reviews of other people's areas and neighborhoods, communities' different activities, demographics., major companies that ate hiring, and school ratings. I will also guide people on how to locate the best rates for their mortgages and find the best vendors to help them.

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
thank you Chris for the feedback. I chose real estate because this is what I do for a living. This is what I am trying to do, when it comes to buying a home, people jump in and start looking at homes but without understanding the process itself. I am talking about securing financing, making sure they have enough to cover down payment and closing cost, picking the right neighborhood .....etc. What I am trying to do here is to give people a road map of step-by-step in how to purchase your first home. So many websites out there all they show are pictures of homes and how much they ask for them. I want to take things one step further that instead of being a salesperson, why I don't become a trusted adviser? I will share with people reviews of other people's areas and neighborhoods, communities' different activities, demographics., major companies that ate hiring, and school ratings. I will also guide people on how to locate the best rates for their mortgages and find the best vendors to help them.
I am also thinking about coming up with creative financing options for those with bad credit. A lot of people have decent jobs and incomes but have bad credit and therefore cannot move forward. Ideas such as crowdfunding, owner finance, and lease to buy options.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

Including the timeline is a good idea. Can you add an example to show specific dates? Like if I start the process on July 1, when do I move in to my new house?

Also, can you give more details on the timeline? When it takes longer, why is that the case? What are the common delays? That might be its own blog post that you link to. Those are just the questions that came to my mind.

It might also help to include some type of checklist (maybe separate ones for hiring your team, financing, etc.). Some people still do things by pen and paper, so they might like printable checklists.

Is there any way to change the size and font of the headings? It would help to break up the post more and make it easier to read.

A few more pictures would help visual learners as well.

I know you don't have any other posts yet, but a call to action at the end should be added later (e.g. read this other related post, email me with questions, call for a consultation, etc.)

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Not the OP, but I am in DESPERATE need of some guides for WP in terms of making optin pages and other stuff.

I've owned my blogs for 3 years and 4 years respectively and I know for a FACT that they look like a junior high school kid made em. I literally made both of these while day drinking.

Feel free to take a look and have a laugh at how amateur they are:

theimmortalindividual.com
keepclimbingforever.com

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
And to the OP, yeah get some hosting. Doesn't cost much if you use BlueHost. That's what I use. I spend about $20 a year on my addon domains and I dropped about $200 for the first three years on my main domain (my plan allows me to make I think up to 12 addon domains).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.