The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Fastlane Plan starts with Self-Publishing & in the Book Publishing field

Ginger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 19, 2012
I published a children's book via kindle in August of 2012, and I'm working on formatting it to be available for POD (Print on demand). I have done virtually zero marketing, but have read enough books that has helped me map out a marketing plan, so I'm ready to go on that note. Also, I have an urban fiction novel to publish soon, so I'm excited about that. My goal is to create a passive income from self-publishing, and from my publishing company so I can focus on creating video game apps under an app development business. I took MJ's advice about focusing on one venture at a time.

Do anyone on here have any interesting stories or advice on the adventure of self-publishing and/or running a publishing company?

Good day to everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MamaD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 5, 2011
Maryland
Oh Wow! I wonder if you're my doppelganger. I have VERY similar plans this year.

Regarding the publishing company, my suggestion would be to go niche (romance, YA, Paranormal, Childrens). Whichever floats your boat. BUT... the New Adult genre is quickly gaining steam. QUICKLY!! This genre has a rabid fanbase. Another hit this year will probably be anthologies. I just saw an email from Writer's Digest on this topic. Anthologies are great stepping stone for new authors. Make sure you have marketing plan for the publishing company. This will differ from whatever plan you're using as an author.

BTW, I have a series of thrillers launching this month. Still finalizing my marketing plan but excited to finally get started doing something. Feels great to finally be off the hamster wheel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.