The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Eyes Were Big as Saucers

Micklee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 4, 2007
NJ
A couple of years ago I attended a cheap financial course at a local high school. The instructor recommended RK's first book and I couldn't put it down. My eyes were big as saucers realizing there was another world out there that no one around me was talking about. I got excited about my future and the possibilities.

I followed you guys over here from RD's site and rarely go back. I'm an S in the Slow Lane but developing the mindset of an I in the Fast Lane. I think changing my mindset is probably going to be the biggest challenge. A solid foundation supports a sturdy house. In addition to my f/t business I took on a p/t job to put cash away for that first investment and clear up some debt. I've always been financially responsible and have gotten pretty clear about my goals with deadlines attached.

Real estate is where I'm heading- eventually apt. buildings. Great posts here about that! I'm learning a lot from the posts here. :thankyousign:

I've continued to educate myself through tons of reading, joining a REI group, looking at props and crunching the numbers and talking with anyone I can find that's like-minded. Easier said than done. Like a lot of you, my friends and family just don't get it and probably see me as a dreamer thinking the high-life is for other people. That's ok. I smile to myself knowing this is going to be one hell of a fun ride!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Michelle, glad you were able to post!!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I followed you guys over here from RD's site and rarely go back. I'm an S in the Slow Lane but developing the mindset of an I in the Fast Lane. I think changing my mindset is probably going to be the biggest challenge.

I've continued to educate myself through tons of reading, joining a REI group, looking at props and crunching the numbers and talking with anyone I can find that's like-minded. Easier said than done. Like a lot of you, my friends and family just don't get it and probably see me as a dreamer thinking the high-life is for other people. That's ok. I smile to myself knowing this is going to be one hell of a fun ride!

Yes, yes and yes!

Changing your mindset is the hardest thing. Once you realize, "Why not me? Why not now?" Whole worlds begin to open. I am really excited for you. :smxG:

What you said about how other people think the "high-life" is for others is so right on! I encounter that all the time. I don't talk about real estate outside of this forum or with any non-forum members unless I know they will be receptive. ...All you can do is smile to yourself and then run home and come here! :)

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
Micklee

I am much on the same path as you and find that a lot of people I know do the samething to me. You say something about doing a deal or making some money and you get that look. You know the one that is kind of 'oh yeah right' look. I know there is so much more out there for me and that I can do so much more.

I wish you great success on your journey.

Talmadge

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, I'm personally enjoying people's faces when I say I'm investing in RE. They answer back saying that RE is terrible and they always know somebody losing their home. I just smile knowing that the best time to buy is here and this is the perfect time to become gazillionaire. I think I need to start talking again to strangers about how I am going to retire soon. Many have told me I don't look 'that' old.

I actually recommend you talk to as many people you can about your dream and your investments. You never know when you are going to find a new partner or somebody that could give you a lead worth thousands. If they don't get it just ignore them, but now and then you will find somebody that will want to know more and/or give you a lead. Try to become the "RE person" so when they find something RE related they will contact you. Position yourself as the expert and people will come looking for you, but if you don't let them know what you are doing or what your goals are, they can't help you.

This is my longest "welcome" post in here, go figure. So, Welcome and enjoy the ride.

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
Try to become the "RE person" so when they find something RE related they will contact you. Position yourself as the expert and people will come looking for you, but if you don't let them know what you are doing or what your goals are, they can't help you.

Yeah, but the "knowing" a lot more than your friends gets old when they call you all the time for free in depth advice that you spend years acquiring, not to mention the investment that got you to that point. If I was a RE closing, CPA, tax attorney......I'd be rich!
I like to "get back"..........something even once and a while instead of always being the goto guy.

But A-viv is right. Talk to everyone you meet for as long and as much as you can, you never know what you'll find. Become the goto guy, and you're somewhere. Most have no clue.

Micklee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 4, 2007
NJ
I've just become more discriminating about who I talk with about my big dreams/goals. No sense in waisting time with the dream-stealers and nay-sayers. Been there, done that. When I do come across those like-minded people it's a breath of fresh air and I can't get enough of it. Gotta love modern technology that brings us all together here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...