The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My dreams have never died

AndreiRx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm a guy from Romania and I always liked to defy people's expectations about me. I guess that's how I got to where I am now... which is having a decent life by any Western standard, 2 young kids, just a little debt and some time to spare.

You see I grew up a fat kid in a poor family in a very poor communist country. The only thing I could appreciate while growing up was reading books and having a computer before everyone else.

I was going to the school in my neighbourhood and somehow in 7th grade I decided to go to the best high school in town, mainly because it had computer classes. By this time, the communist regime fell and I wanted to study computers. So I did the unthinkable, I prepared for the tough admission and got in!

I expected to find a lot of like minded kid there, but no! Many were just normal high school kids, mainly from richer families. This is where I learned about networking, appearances, and that you can choose how to respond to anything that is coming at you. I also dreamed of starting my own software company, although I had absolutely no idea what that meant. I found a few kids that were doing graphics and we worked to make some demos. Just for fun.

While on the last year, I decided I would not be fat anymore. So through a combination of not eating so much and playing sports, I lost about 50 pounds and became "normal" - and boy was I ecstatic! My parents bought me my first suit at this point, and I liked how people saw me differently. I was building confidence.

Next up I got into a good university to study Electrical Engineering, all paid by the government. All I knew was some math, some programming, how to look nice and clean, and how to back it up with confidence.

Long story short, I also started studying really seriously and landed an opportunity to study abroad. At least that's what the typical good student dreamed of, as a way out of the country. This was immediately after the dot com crash, and there was little opportunity as a software guy in Romania. So I went to a Western European country, studied and landed a job, which soon proved very disappointing. I had just met THE SCRIPT...

Meanwhile in Romania, things were heating up, a lot of American and European companies setting up shop, so I felt left out. For the first time in my life I felt that I was on the wrong side of the equation. I also stumbled upon Rich Dad Poor Dad and it opened my eyes to some basic principles.

So I decided to get back to my country, to follow the opportunities. No plan whatsoever. Housing market already topping up, just like in the US. I believe I was lucky when it all came crashing down, as I had no job, no debt, and I had just inherited a small apartment.

I was a Wantrepreneur at this point, I was looking for schemes, but nothing was particularly working out, so finally after a few months I gave up and got a job. This was more than 10 years ago, and I had learned a bit about accounting and how things worked behind the scenes. I was still dreaming of my software company, but still had no plan, no idea what it would be. Maybe gaming?

Anyway, I was again lucky to have a job that did not consume all of my time, and I started learning more business related skills. Also got married, had kids... I could only dream of such a life when I was in high school! (remember? I was the poor & fat kid)

But the past 2 years, I think the "crisis" hit me -- is this all there is to it? Am I back on the SCRIPT? I ran away from it only to find it again? I started trying a few more "wantrepreneur" schemes, but without much focus. And some day about a week ago I found the Fastlane book and it hit me like a brick.

Now I narrowed it down to ONE application that I want to launch. It's a better issue tracker and I will give it my full effort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for the introduction that truly sounds like just the beginning of what you are capable of accomplishing!

I would put MJ's book Unscripted at the very top of your reading list. Get a hold of it today! Best wishes to you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...