The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Daily Journal for the Fast Lane

Anything related to matters of the mind

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
DAY 1

Hello, Fast-laners. This will be my daily journal to document my journey.

Intro: About 3/4 of the way through "The Millionaire Fastlane" and decided it was time to join this forum. Fantastic book thus far.
I am a beginner in my journey.

26 years old, hold a bachelors of science in Geology. Decided 6 months after graduating and working a corporate job, that I wanted to travel. I went halfway across the world to Australia and New Zealand and spent 2 years there. I had a life-changing time, and learned some much-needed lessons, found and lost love. I spent the entire 2 years as a side-walker. Somewhere down that journey, when I didn't even know if I could eat the next day, I realized what money really meant.
You see, I had a chip on my shoulder since I was 18, I had the determination and wanted to prove to myself I could do something.

Instead of focusing my effort on making money, however, I focused on getting girls. It worked, at 18 I was a fat virgin who got bullied, and at 26 I've been with over 100 women and a few meaningful relationships. But, I realized, all of that meant shit. I was with my last ex, and some days I didn't know what we were going to eat. We lived in a campervan, and most weeks couldn't go on tours or anything because we were broke.

Well, now I made a choice. I'm tired of living broke, and the 9 to 5 will never be for me. I want to make a difference in the world, and I want to be filthy F*cking rich. I've always had entrepreneurial traits in me as I'm great at sales and good with numbers. It's time I put them to good use.

12/11/19
Current Finacial Position:

- 20 K in debt.
- 4$ to my name.
- A possible job offer to have some income flowing in for ~15$/h

Current Steps Taken:
-Designed a dropshipping store from scratch with a branded product, as an intro into the online business world.
-started retail arbitrage, day 2. I have 6 office chairs currently sitting in my garage that I got for free, trying to sell on fb marketplace. I've gotten replies but the current condition of the chairs are turning a lot of people off if no replies in 3 days, will put my hand in trying to repair the damage on the chairs this weekend.
-About to go to my first entrepreneur networking event in one hour from meetup, will report back tomorrow.
-I started two Instagram theme pages to try my hand at social media, they've been running for a month now, working on them for about 30-45 minutes every day.

Next Steps:
- Planning on starting this job by next Monday.
-In the meantime, keep working on the Instagram theme pages and retail arbitrage.
-Will have to ask to borrow 5 bucks from mother :frown: (absolutely embarrassed by this) to put up an ad on craigslist for my tutoring service- the last ad I put up last week, only client I had bailed. Either this or wait until my first paycheck comes in two weeks and do it then.
-Plan to attend at least 2 other networking by this day next week.
-Once I have my first 500$, going to use 300$ to fix my camera, and 160$ for buying a sample of my product from China. From there, work on product photography and making a product video for my ad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
DAY 2

I went to that meetup yesterday. Ended up showing an hour late, due to circumstances thrown at me last second and poor planning on my part. Note to self, plan better to get there on time in the future. Basically, what most of these entrepreneur meetups are, I learned, is a team giving their start-up pitch with some networking towards the beginning and end of the meetup. Even though I was there only for an hour, I actually got some great value. I will be doing them again, at least once or twice a week. Signed up for a tech startup pitch meetup this weekend lets see how it goes.

12/12/19
Current financial position:

- 20 K in debt.
- 4$ to my name.
- A possible job offer to have some income flowing in for ~15$/h

Current Steps:
-still working on Instagram pages.
-The office chairs I'm trying to sell are not selling, lowered the price. Waiting a few days to see if anyone buys.
-Waiting to start work so I can start the branded dropshipping business. I feel like it will be a good intro into the online business world and it will be a great way to learn fb ads, google ads, copywriting, SEO, and other things.
-Realized I want to learn how to code apps. Currently in the process of researching where to start.

Next steps:
-Hopefully starting a job next Monday
-In the meantime, keep working on the Instagram theme pages and retail arbitrage.
-Plan to attend at least 1 other networking event by this day next week.
-Once I have my first 500$, going to use 300$ to fix my camera, and 160$ for buying a sample of my product from China. From there, work on product photography and making a product video for my ad.

On a side note, I had an app idea yesterday. Yes, I know, everyone has one. But this seems quite realistic, solves a problem, and brings the world together in a positive way. Couldn't sleep, thought about it all night, made some sketch models, trying to work out all the little kinks today, and see where and how I can learn how to start developing an app.

PS realized that doing this every day is pointless. Going to make this once a week, every Friday at 5 pm, starting next friday.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Omar, you have a lot of life experience, this is great. But dam, your life is turbulent man.

My life is pretty much a toned down version of yours (Caffein vs MDMA), maybe that analogy will help make my point.

For myself, what I realized, is that the only true way to really becoming wealthy is TIME. Yes, even if its called Fastlane, MJ still says it will take a couple of years to make it happen, especially if you are starting out in Debt!

Please dont make the mistake of trying to do toooo much in the begining and then burning out within the first month. What you really need is a sustainable plan that you will be able to follow over the next 3 to 5 years.

Basically, you need goals for the following time horizons:

- Bucket list (What goals do you want to reach in the next 10 to 15 years?) --> Set these goals extremely HIGH
- Vision Board (What goals do you want to reach in the next 3 years?) --> Also set these high, but dont make them unrealistic. Your bucket list goals should be unrealistic. Atleast for your current situation and character.
- 1 year goals (The first year is basically just building consistency, get rid of toxic people who are dragging you down in life, get your company and business system started, set the foundation). In your case it would also be getting out of debt, asap.
- Monthly & Daily planning (Use a calendar and Trello, to get your to do's done).

Within each of those time horizons (Bucket list, Vision board, 1 year goals and monthly goals), you should also allocate your goals to the part of the Wealth triangle that they belong to.

If you dont remember the wealth triangle from millionaire Fastlane , its basically the 3F's:

- Finance (Wealth)
- Fitness (Health)
- Family (Relationships)

Sorry if its all jumbled around, but its a bit late as I write this and I need to wake up early tommorow (for my 9 to 5, ironically enough LOL, gotta keep the bills paying for now).

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me at anytime. I really connected with ur situation and hope you will be able to reach your goals as soon as possible. Wish you the best of luck on your journey!

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Hey Champion, I really needed to hear that mate. I tend to do this a lot actually, go 0 to 100 and then burn myself out really fast. In fact just this past month I've tried to isolate myself from everyone so I can put in 12 hours a day into making something of myself. But I realized, this just isn't viable. I'm still in the idea stage, can't burn myself out even before I start the race. I'm about to make a new post right now and answer everything you just suggested.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Bucket list (10-15 years) =
-TBA at the moment.

Vision Board (What goals do you want to reach in the next 3 years?)=
-Have an app developed.
-Have the app making at least some revenue within 3 years.
-Be good at programming (Swift and Java mainly)
- Have a solid youtube channel running with atleast 50k Subscribers
-Have 2 instagram pages running with atleast 100k followers on each, good for side stream revenue
-Putting out alteast 10 pieces of content a day
-be out of debt
-credit built back up

1 year goals=
-Work my job 9-5 and save money
-Get my body back in to the shape it was 2 years ago
-Pay off atleast half of my debt.
-Learned swift well enough and have it fully developed for the first round of testing
-midway through presale marketing for my app
-Take it easier and not burn myself out, stay consistent

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Weekly Journal 12/20/19

It
's been a hectic week while I've been getting some processes down. It's also been very productive. First things first, I got my new slow lane job. As expected, it's slow. BUT it does allow me the amenity of listening to podcasts all day while I work, and helps save some money.

My days have been structured like this: 7 AM I wake up, get to work by 8.
Work from 8-5:30.
Get home by 6. Eat dinner, and start my own work by 6:30.
6:30- 1 AM daily, I work on my own project and skills, and then repeat. First weekend is coming around, will be spending at least 10 hours both days taking care of shit, should be great.

What have I done this week?:
-Met up with my software engineer friend, convinced him to be my future cofounder and before that, help me debug any code bugs I run into.
-Started my new job.
-Sent out so far 61 cold TARGETED emails out to validate my idea. 14% return rate, all heavily supporting my idea. Looking good so far. Saving all the responses into a notepad where I can filter it later.
-Went through a crash course for HTML, CSS, and Javascript. HTML and CSS were pretty intuitive, Javascript not so much.
-Bought a beginner React Native course, which requires only basic Javascript knowledge (which I picked up over this past week), and starting that. Just started on this one.
-Sketched out designs for my app, revision 1.0.
-Kept up with my daily postings for my instagram theme page. Slowly building a following there. At 145 now from 0 less than a month ago. For those interested, it's just a niche theme page about islands, since I love islands. And it gives me that extra bit of motivation everyday since the end goal is to retire on an island asap with a boat, and travel the rest of the time. The page is @omoretravel
-Installed linkedIn today and made my first post. My strategy is going to be to try and post at-least 10 times daily, treating it like twitter. I follow gary vee like many do, and hoping the organic reach works in my favor and helps build a brand around my name.

Goals for this upcoming week:
-plan on finishing 39 more cold emails tonight, bringing it up to 100.
-Updating a part of my sketch that I thought of at work today.
-START CHIPPING AWAY AT THAT REACT NATIVE COURSE. I want to be able to finish my first small app (an assignment in the course) by the end of next Friday.
-Pay day for me is next Friday and currently I have 4$ to my name so won't be able to make money moves till the following week. I have some ideas to spend my money wisely so that will be in next weeks post.
- I want to have another + 100 cold emails sent by next friday.
-Start applying the 1.80 social media strategy everyday during lunch break and 30 minutes at home. My growth has slowed down on instagram because I haven't been focusing on it as much.
-Have 10 pieces of content sent out a day on LinkedIn.

Kill it fellow fast-laners, will report back next week.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Weekly Journal 12/27

Right. This week was full of code learning. Got through about 20% of that react native course before I realized I had no idea wtf was going on. I needed the fundamentals. Bought two books, one over HTML and CSS and one over Javascript. More than half way through the first book.
Also bought a web developments fundamentals BOOTCAMP course for 380$, classes start on Monday and last 4 weeks. Should be great to catch me up to speed, then I'll learn React and THEN React Native. This can't be an event, it's got to be a process.

I finished the 100 cold emails, and my idea just sounds better after every reply. Got a 33% response rate, which is pretty good I'd say. It'll take a year to get there, and I've already got some competition out there, but I'm doing is absolutely innovate. I got this.

Also hit the gym really hard this week, and got my diet in check. Been bustin a$$. Set routine as well.

6:45 AM Wake up, meditate, visualize, stretch, and listen to a 5 minute motivational speech or heavy rap music to start my day. Shower, coffee, off to work.
8:30-6 work my TEMPORARY slowlane job, and head to the gym.
6-7:30 PM Gym work out.
8-12 Eat dinner and learn code, post an instagram post.

By the way, I recorded my first episode of my podcast. On tuesday, I'll have my camera fixed and a new mic, and I can officially start my podcast and youtube channel. Digital media is the best way to build a brand for my product even before it comes out, so that in a year when it comes out hopefully, I'll have a bit of an audience to push it out the door.

GOALS THIS WEEK:
-start my web dev class.
-hit the gym every single day and keep on my diet.
-Make my first youtube video/podcast on Wednesday.
-Cut up the content, post on tiktok, linkedin, and chop up the content to post on twitter.

Lets kill it.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Missed yesterdays post, making up for it today. It's been shit on the content end. Hit the gym everyday this week except yesterday, diet is still on point. Meditation is going well as well, except didn't do it today. Started my web dev class, finished week 1. It's SO F*cking hard trying to pin point exactly what drives me. I want to work off my laptop and make a lot of money while I travel and I think that's my motivation but the biggest thing is, I think i'll be content just living on an island with really good friends and new girls all the time, playing with my camera and making music everyday. In such a weird point in my life, I've been searching for what drives me for nearly a decade and still have not found it. I've got this app idea in mind and a business idea that includes brand boosting with content and web development, so I'll continue working towards that. I'm also pissed that I spent about 6 hours today making a Shopify store, 3 TIMES, because I had a great idea. But every-time I inputted my card info, my store got F*cking deleted, so I feel like I wasted 6 hours of my life. That was an L, but can't give up now. Going to get up, brush myself off, and move forward.

Goals for this week:
-Hit gym tomorrow, and every single day next week.
-Finish week two for my class.
-Got on tiktok and started uploaded two pieces of shitty content a day, so thats going. I am getting better at talking infront of a camera, feels good.
-Still working my slowlane job at the moment, saving money.
-I've literally cut everyone out of my life temporarily, so I can better myself and my work. It's lonely, but not a big deal. But I need to use every second of my free time to hustle.
-Going to try something new tomorrow morning. After meditating, I'm going to play a quick game of chess against the computer on the easiest level. The theory is, if I rack up a few wins early in the day, I'll keep winning for the rest of the day. Lets see how it goes.

Ultimate goal:
-Have an app making money on the side, with a web/content creation business where I travel the world with my laptop and camera, and make content for businesses and brands. Mostly tropical areas would be ideal. CANT LOSE SIGHT OF THIS.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Missed yesterdays post once again.
Things are steady progressing, feeling kind of lost this week. Working away on my slow lane job. 50% finished with the coding course I signed up for. Meeting up with my developer friend tomorrow and going through the design for my app. Had an idea for a web page as well, but will be secondary to my app.

Buying a camera in a week, going to start using that to shoot creative content, photography and video. I use to shoot video 2 years ago, but fell out of it while traveling. Happy to be going back in to it. Going to make a side hustle selling photo/video services as well as web development for brands. Started the process of building my personal brand across 7 social media platforms. Been consistent, but at most 5 pieces of content a day. Need to step it up to 25. Here's to a great next week.

guidaccio05

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 8, 2019
Berlin
Good stuff Omarmo93, I see progress. Perhaps consider focusing on one business idea and one traffic channel at a time. If you get really deep in them you'll be one of the best and could even monetize it by selling services to businesses.

All the best

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.