The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH My Beginner’s Workout Regime

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OP
OP
simplymoto

simplymoto

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 21, 2019
Due to gym closure, this is my home workout for the past months.

Breaking it into three sessions
Session one - upper chest, arms, back
Sessions two - chest, legs
Session three - abs, triceps

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 09.05.13.png

I concocted this table randomly, with a mix and match of what's on YouTube, probably have quite a few things missing or doing it incorrectly, let me know!

My routine is 4 - 5 session a week, 4 sessions a week could be 3 gym sessions and a 5km jog (~3 miles). I average about 5:20 per km.

When I get really tired from work out I sometimes take two days of thus reducing the load to 3 times a week

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

consignia

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 19, 2019
I'm not a gym expert but what worked for me in building muscle was to lift that extra heavy weight in my last reps. Also nutrition is key, if you are a skinny dude like my who has it hard on gainning weight I recommend to incorporate penut butter to your diet

OP
OP
simplymoto

simplymoto

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 21, 2019
I'm not a gym expert but what worked for me in building muscle was to lift that extra heavy weight in my last reps. Also nutrition is key, if you are a skinny dude like my who has it hard on gainning weight I recommend to incorporate penut butter to your diet
When I had access to gym I do heavier weights to more reps. It's harder at home, but def with you.

I need to get rid of peanut butter, lose bit of extra fat and gain weight.

Last edited:

consignia

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 19, 2019
When I had access to gym I will try to do heavier weights to more reps. It's harder at home, but def with you.

I need to get rid of peanut butter, lose bit of extra fat and gain weight.
Well yes, if you have extra fat to burn then you need to avoid it at all cost. You are not like me, I started from "worm" level lol, and I don't like to eat a lot of food either so peanut butter did wonders to me.

I had never eat it before, I'm not american and it's not so popular here so when I tell people I like peanut butter they look you weird haha, but I think is great

OP
OP
simplymoto

simplymoto

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 21, 2019
The neighborhood reopened and I am back into the gym, weighing for the first time in months.

Late 30s, 5'8, small framed. While I am losing weight, I am lifting heavier and there are visible abs. I guess it's beginner's gain and will tapper off soon. I am close to a year of systemic work out, 3-4 days a week.

During quarantine I took to home workout for 2 - 3 months.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 08.39.24.png

Last edited:

TheFitVegan

New Contributor
Jun 22, 2020
United States
Hi guys,

I count myself someone as enjoy sports every few days - swim, jog, etc. And now wanting to get into better shape systematically. Bio: Asian, 35, 174cm.

These are some of the exercise I do. I usually do 2-3 of these items each session. How did I end up choosing all these? It’s pretty random, I am thinking of not adding any for now and just increase the weight to get into the rhythm.

I’ve started this for over a month. Any kind of advice appreciated!
  1. Weight Push up 15kg each side * 10 reps, 9 sets (chair tilted upwards two clicks
  2. Standing lateral raise 8kg each side * 10-12 reps, 9 sets
  3. Squat 30 reps, 3 sets + 15 kg each side 12 reps 3, 6 sets (can add)
  4. Pull up 7 pull * 3, 3 sets
  5. Sit-up 25 reps, 9 sets (balloon or floor)
  6. Dumbbell 10kg each side * 10 reps, 3 sets + 12.5kg each side * 10 reps, 6 sets (maybe 15kg)
  7. Jogging 4.5km
I really want to start with this. Do you have a workout video? Some exercises I didn't properly get

Defection

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
The neighborhood reopened and I am back into the gym, weighing for the first time in months.

Late 30s, 5'8, small framed. While I am losing weight, I am lifting heavier and there are visible abs. I guess it's beginner's gain and will tapper off soon. I am close to a year of systemic work out, 3 days a week. Except during quarantine when I took to home workout for 2 - 3 months.

View attachment 33640
Hey again @simplymoto. Good to see you're still working hard at this.

I would consider working out your body fat using something like the Navy Calculator online, can literally be done in a matter of seconds. This will give you more of an insight into your muscle/fat ratio.

I'd also take measurements maybe once every two months or so, although the scales are helpful, they never tell the full story.

OP
OP
simplymoto

simplymoto

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 21, 2019
I really want to start with this. Do you have a workout video? Some exercises I didn't properly get
I mostly watch Jeremy Ethier. He is not the biggest guy but I find his sessions more reasonable (less hype) and also scientific).

OP
OP
simplymoto

simplymoto

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 21, 2019
Hey again @simplymoto. Good to see you're still working hard at this.

I would consider working out your body fat using something like the Navy Calculator online, can literally be done in a matter of seconds. This will give you more of an insight into your muscle/fat ratio.

I'd also take measurements maybe once every two months or so, although the scales are helpful, they never tell the full story.
Thanks for the tip! I m getting a measuring tape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock