The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
What kind of music do you listen to? Which artists/bands are your favorite(s)?

I'm a big fan of O.A.R. They're an alternative rock band that I'm sure the majority of you have never heard of. I like a lot of alternative rock and chill music. Not a huge fan of the whole screaming thing.

I've been listening to the new Bruce Springsteen album recently. The top track on the CD is Radio Nowhere which has been release publically -- it's a good song. I also like Livin' in the Future.

So what do you like?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Radiohead
Cold War Kids
Arcade Fire
Bright Eyes
Phish
Silversun Pickups
The Killers
The Frames

Indie rock mostly but with a deep respect for the classics from all genres. :hurray:

iiinvisi0n

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 25, 2007
Im really into anything someone put a lot of time to, whether its popular or independent. 'The bands Ive been listening to lately include:
The Mars Volta--unique prog band/psychedelic
Sparta--theyre okay
The Fall of Troy---an eclectic rock band
Portugal the Man
Mac Dre- Bay area legend
Tool- cmon u gotta know tool
Sublime
War
Buena Vista Social Club---from cuba...my favorite song being chan chan....
The Steve Miller Band---take the money and run=D
Gill Scott-Heron---poet and vocalist from NYC I believe....jazz/funk
and hella others.....
:smxG:

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, John Lennon, Pink Floyd, Godsmack, Blue October, Flyleaf, Jon McLean, Eminem, Oasis, Orgy, A Perfect Circle, Staind, Thrice, Linkin Park, Green Day, Breaking Benjamin, Flyleaf, Counting Crows, Flogging Molly, Deftones, Alanis Morisette, Jimi Hendrix, The Clash, and so many others I can't name right now. I really just like every kind of good music. Despite my favorite bands, I mostly listen to oldies stations :smx3:

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
-Jazz (especially Wes Montgomery & Ronny Jordan)

-Gospel

I also listen to Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine and some Rap to get me throgh my workouts.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I've been to an OAR concert before. They're pretty good - kind of have a jammy sound that I like. We have a local band that sounds just like them too.

This is my list:

Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Tenacious D, AC/DC, Moe, Boston, Bob Dylan, The Allman Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Marley, 3eb, Counting Crows, Incubus, State Radio, Live, Phish, Jimi Hendrix, Afroman, Dave Matthews, Death Cab, Joe Walsh, The Eagles, OAR, The White Stripes, Modest Mouse, Roy Orbison, Minus the Bear, Brand New, The Warhol Crowd, Ben Folds, Lil Wayne, Biggie Smalls, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Bobby Darrin, Coldplay.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm the oldest young guy you'll ever meet when it comes to music.

Oldies 50-60's. Some 70's.
-Temptations
-3 dog night
-CCR
-Beach Boys
-Eagles
-Don Mclean (American Pie is his only good song)

Country and Bluegrass
-Garth Brooks
-Alan Jackson
-Chris LeDoux
-Toby Kieth (his older songs)
-Alison Kraus

Classical
-Band of Brothers Sound track
-Collections of most 17th century artists

Throw in a mix of some newer bands. If its a good song, I'll listen, no matter the genre. Nirvana, Offspring, Barenaked Ladies, Greenday, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Rap.

Jay-Z
The Notorious BIG
2pac
Nas

Only the best, in that order :smxB:.

I feel alien in this post, lol! I listen to SOME alternative rock. But, not enough for me to post about it!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Rap.

Jay-Z
The Notorious BIG
2pac
Nas

Only the best, in that order :smxB:.

I feel alien in this post, lol! I listen to SOME alternative rock. But, not enough for me to post about it!
Lol, I listen to some rap here and there. I like Biggie, 2Pac, and Jay-Z. Not a huge Nas fan. I like Kanye, too.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I will listen to Biggie, Jay Z and Lil Wayne but that's it. Everything else is just talking with a beat. I honestly don't know why some people listen to some of the hip hop thats out there. I mean Crank That Soulja boy? It has no consistent bass and the lyrics don't ryhme and the same verse is said over and over and over. In my opinion good hip hop is dead, but might be still alive in those who actually rhyme, like Jay Z and Lil Wayne.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
I'm the oldest young guy you'll ever meet when it comes to music.

Oldies 50-60's. Some 70's.
-Temptations
-3 dog night
-CCR
-Beach Boys
-Eagles
-Don Mclean (American Pie is his only good song)

Country and Bluegrass
-Garth Brooks
-Alan Jackson
-Toby Kieth (his older songs)

Throw in a mix of some newer bands. If its a good song, I'll listen, no matter the genre. Nirvana, Offspring, Barenaked Ladies, Greenday, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.

Yikes,this list highly resembles my own. Yet, I'll add:

70's
Tom Petty (A living thing that needs to be worshipped)
Steve Miller

Modern
Alanis Morissette
Matchbox 20
Pink
Goo Goo Dolls

Country
George Strait
Diamond Rio
Keith Urban

:coolgleamA:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
S928, I like Matchbox 20 also.

Lately, though, I've been addicted to DMB (Dave Matthews Band...I'm sure everyone already knew that). My favorite song is Crush. I'm pretty convinced Dave is a genius, although I'll never really be able to admit that because my friend, who's obsessed with them, has been preaching this to me for awhile and I've constantly denied it.

I listen to a pretty good variety of stuff. Actually, basically everything except Country, which I don't really mind.

cynabyte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 21, 2007
North Branch, MI
Love the Mars Volta they are AMAZING!!!

Have you heard Coheed and Cambria? New album comes out 10-23-07 (approx 1 hour MI time)

cynabyte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 21, 2007
North Branch, MI
Jazz People/ DMB people check out Medesky Martin and Wood, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and Keller Williams ALL MUSICAL GENIUSES! well in my humble opinion anyway

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Thought this thread could use a bump...

Recently, I've been listening to Lupe Fiasco, DMB, O.A.R., a lot of older stuff, and Jack Johnson.

I've also been listening to The Offspring's new CD, "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace". I've been a fan of them since I was like 8 because my brother always listened to them. Really great stuff if you like punk rock.

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Dream Theater, Primus, Sevendust, A tribe called quest, Dark New Day, Colby Caillat, Kiss, Ian Moore, Snow Patrol, Pantera, Slayer, Johnny Cash, Eminem,Fates Warning, Down, Kenny Wayne Sheppard.....

I could keep going but I would be here all day. I just love music. For Radio though no music, Opie and Anthony in the morning, and Toucher and Rich (Boston area) in the afternoon.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Lil' Wayne has some pretty interesting stuff, too.

And I'm always down for some old school Eminem, lol.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Techno only lately... Trentemoller, Junkie XL, maybe a lil Telepopmusik flow...work work work!

eTyler19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 19, 2008
SW Michigan
Sublime
Pepper
Slightly Stoopid
Bob Marley
The Beatles
Rick Ross
Natasha Bedingfield
Imogen Heap
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Good call on Jack Johnson and the Chili Peppers. I love all of rock and roll and as far as rap I'm only into Lil Wayne and Biggie. But for rock and roll, I listen to the "main four:" The Beatles, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd and Zeppelin.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
I listen to wayyyyy too much music to list here, but one of my favorite bands of all time is Thrice.

They are really way ahead of their time with their new album. It is four Parts...

Water and Fire = Vol. I........Water is soft and beautiful....Fire is intense and powerful.
Air and Earth = Vol. II........Air makes you feel light....Earth makes you feel whole.

I seriously recommend you listen to them. Listen to anything off the water album when you are falling asleep. You will never sleep better in your life.

Here is the link to a guy who posts their songs on youtube with just the album cover (no annoying video to distract you from thinking). Just click the rest of the songs to hear related ones.

I'll start you off with "The Whaler"...it is off the water album and is just as poetic as other songs by them.

Click on this rather than listening to it here on the fastlane, so that you can click on more songs after this one and read along with the lyrics which are amazing.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvYmxHN4z7k]YouTube - Thrice - The Whaler[/ame]

I would recommend:

Water:
"Night Diver"
"Digital Sea"

Fire:
"Firebreather"

Air:
"Daedalus"
"A Song for Milly Michaelson"
"The Sky is Falling"

Earth:
"Moving Mountains"

Just listen to the difference between the FIRE and WATER.

Also...this band used to be post-hardcore and all their albums have been great. But it truly shows you how dynamic they are to be able to write all these new, almost fairy tale like poetic songs.

Read all the comments on their songs, people seem to capture the idea behind this music.

Hope you enjoy.

-Alex

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
Sublime
Pepper
Slightly Stoopid
Bob Marley
The Beatles
Rick Ross
Natasha Bedingfield
Imogen Heap
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I love Slightly Stoopid. Mellow Mood is awesome. I also love bob...who doesn't?

Reggae is where it's at. I can't live without this stuff. I have 1447 reggae songs on my comp.

-Woody

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I love listening to Tim Janis ... this music simply takes me to another world of peace, tranquility and gratitude. (SERIOUSLY!)

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c43pbKYxpO4&feature=related[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=tN16cijwtMM]YouTube - Tim Janis:"The summer sea"[/ame]

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
As for relaxing music, I really enjoy David Darling and Yo-Yo Ma.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NTfaIdC7b8[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.