The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music is making me feel alive

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I've been struggling quite a while in what I want to achieve in life. I've been trying multiple studies, courses and jobs but I never received the feeling of satisfaction. I'm still living at home with my parents but just signed a new contract with my work so I'm now looking for my own place which is really exciting for me. So I'm happy but not satisfied.

In my spare time I love listening to music because it's making me feel alive, powerful and it can give me an insane boost even when I'm tired or grumpy. I've started reading Unscripted & The Millionaire Fastlane and it really inspired me to achieve even more in my life which is making my own music.

When I was still in school I took several lessons in music production but I didn't like it (about 3 years ago) but once in a while I get this feeling inside of me I will enjoy and love it if I know the ins and outs of it. (which takes years of practice).

Via my work I've met a lot of famous DJ's from all around the world and I'm really jealous (I know, it's bad) about their way of living, it's giving me the feeling I'm missing something in my life.

Now I want to give it a REAL shot with real passion, dedication and 100% effort in music production and I want to make a living out of it (next to my current job, as long that's needed). I've read multiple things on the internet it's like a no go business because everyone wants to be the next Martin Garrix or whatever producer/DJ. This gives me a kinda feeling I shouldn't do it because it's not worth it in the end.

How do I proceed with this and should I give it a shot? It's really a big thing for me to get it going but a voice in my mind says; You can do it man, atleast try it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I've been struggling quite a while in what I want to achieve in life. I've been trying multiple studies, courses and jobs but I never received the feeling of satisfaction. I'm still living at home with my parents but just signed a new contract with my work so I'm now looking for my own place which is really exciting for me. So I'm happy but not satisfied.

In my spare time I love listening to music because it's making me feel alive, powerful and it can give me an insane boost even when I'm tired or grumpy. I've started reading Unscripted & The Millionaire Fastlane and it really inspired me to achieve even more in my life which is making my own music.

When I was still in school I took several lessons in music production but I didn't like it (about 3 years ago) but once in a while I get this feeling inside of me I will enjoy and love it if I know the ins and outs of it. (which takes years of practice).

Via my work I've met a lot of famous DJ's from all around the world and I'm really jealous (I know, it's bad) about their way of living, it's giving me the feeling I'm missing something in my life.

Now I want to give it a REAL shot with real passion, dedication and 100% effort in music production and I want to make a living out of it (next to my current job, as long that's needed). I've read multiple things on the internet it's like a no go business because everyone wants to be the next Martin Garrix or whatever producer/DJ. This gives me a kinda feeling I shouldn't do it because it's not worth it in the end.

How do I proceed with this and should I give it a shot? It's really a big thing for me to get it going but a voice in my mind says; You can do it man, atleast try it.

Welcome!

You sound torn between music as a hobby vs. as a business. If there is a viable market in what you do why not go for it?

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Welcome!

You sound torn between music as a hobby vs. as a business. If there is a viable market in what you do why not go for it?

Thank you!
I don't know if there's a market for it, I'm really at the beginning. I don't know much yet about music production but there's a voice inside my head I've never had before that I should do this, this is what I really want.

It's making me insecure if you read about others it's not a profitable business, you need extreme luck, good network etc.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Thank you!
I don't know if there's a market for it, I'm really at the beginning. I don't know much yet about music production but there's a voice inside my head I've never had before that I should do this, this is what I really want.

It's making me insecure if you read about others it's not a profitable business, you need extreme luck, good network etc.

Then go for it. Otherwise you’ll be questioning yourself until you try it. You do need to scrap the “extreme luck and good network” attitude though. The thread below may help if you haven’t come across it yet.

Hey! .... You tryin' to change your life today?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Then go for it. Otherwise you’ll be questioning yourself until you try it. You do need to scrap the “extreme luck and good network” attitude though. The thread below may help if you haven’t come across it yet.

Hey! .... You tryin' to change your life today?

I will try that. It's kinda hard though.. there are so many others (litteraly millions) who are already better then me, have great gear to produce music etc. It's giving me a feeling I'm waaaay back in the line.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.