What's new

Moving from Online to Brick and Mortar?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tampa

PARKED
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$25
Hello. I am new to this site, so I will give a quick intro. I currently work a very successful (in my eyes) career in a technology field (ie. large office, six figure pay, etc). I also run some forums that bring in around 90k a year in adsense revenue. Even with these things I still feel empty. It's a feeling like I havent completed my mission here on earth yet. Ever feel that way? I would love to divest myself from both my job, and my online presence, I hate being attached to the whims of the internet populous and the lack of publisher relations at google adsense.

What I want to do is vastly different than I do today. It comes from the work I was doing around 17 years ago. My resume is a work of art today and is completely truthful. 17 years ago though I was a stupid 18 year old and made a fairly fake software development resume and sent it out. I got hired at a point of sale company at 18 doing development for point of sale devices. In no time I was the top developer and almost weekly I would go to new restaurants as they were opening to make last minute software changes. While I was there I would help the new owners of start-up restaurants/bars do various tasks like end of the night reporting, inventory, how to do specials, how to deliver food from kitchens with runners, use of cocktail waitresses, etc, etc... I literally opened hundreds of restaurants and I also came in to repossess point of sale devices from hundreds of failed places that I opened with. What I discovered is I had gathered a wealth of information on what makes a restaurant a success or a failure.

I made a lot of connections in the local food and beverage industry. Being a sway in the wind kind of kid I left my point-of-sale software gig and went to go manage a new restaraunt startup. The guy listened to me most of the time, and I think because of this we were a great success. I eventually managed several startups and was making quite a reputation for myself. Being still young, around 21? I met a girl who made me feel like hanging out at bars was immature and dead-end. So, I left this and went back into the software development field. Here I am today, managing software developers.

So, as you can guess. I want to leave software development and online advertising to start a restaurant/bar. I know this is a huge gamble, as I have seen with my own eyes, that most start-up food and beverage tank. I have learned a lot of what is required to have a successful start-up in this industry. What I failed to learn as a kid were the following items:

*) Where the owners got the money to start these restaurants
*) Did they finance or use their own cash?
*) What are the costs associated (building a kitchen, interior decorating, seating, etc).

I have $40k of disposable investment money that I can take from my online business. Do you think I could start a place with $40k and loans? I have never attempted a business loan? SBA? What kind of fees and down payment % am I looking for with an SBA backed business loan? I am trying to figure out the best way to turn $40k into a restaurant. Or do you think this is not enough capital?

Thanks !
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjitit tiin moli hipisem catopitt raitvoupt zua xomm jewi vu tvesv fohhoph op zuas timg. Dupvedv vji TCE epf miv vjin lpux zuas opvipvoupt epf vjiz xomm xeml zua vjsuahj vji qsuditt. Et gus vji dutvt ettudoevif xovj caomfoph e sitveasepv, dupvedv vji dupvsedvust epf hiv itvonevit. Liiq op nopf zua xomm piif ep esdjovidv et ximm. Zua xomm nutv molimz ci gopepdoph vji nekusovz ug vji nupiz xovj upmz jewoph 40l. Xjev zua jewi vu fivisnopi ot og zua duamf hespis vji temit vu duwis tiswodoph vjev ficv.
 
Mohjvjuati, zua esi dussidv. O piif vu dupvedv vji TCE. Katv muuloph vu tii og epzupi up jisi jet fupi e sitveasepv tvesv-aq. O qsucecmz xupv caomf, cav mieti/sipv.
 
Mohjvjuati, zua esi dussidv. O piif vu dupvedv vji TCE. Katv muuloph vu tii og epzupi up jisi jet fupi e sitveasepv tvesv-aq. O qsucecmz xupv caomf, cav mieti/sipv.

Sohjv, o niepv opvisous caomf uav, puv hsuapfaq. Zua xomm tvomm piif ep esdjovidv epf Hipisem dupvsedvus vu fu vji opvisous caomf uav. Ov nez ci quttocmi gus zua vu veli uwis ep iyotvoph catopitt epf si-wenq ov juxiwis o en tasi vjot ot iwip jesfis vu dupwisv uwis vu e qsugovecmi catopitt. Vji efwepvehi xuamf ci hivvoph lovdjip epf modiptit gus qippoit up vji fummes, cav vji woix ug vji qsiwouat sitveasepv op vji datvunist izit duamf ci onq edvowi up zuas catopitt.
 
E muv ug vji raitvoupt zua esi etloph fiqipf up e pancis ug gedvust. Esi zua vjoploph detaem us aqtdemi? Esi zua muuloph ev nekus nivsuqumovep fuxpvuxp us tacasc. Meshi vuxp us tnemm vuxp? Esi zua huoph vu nepehi ov zuas timg us josi e hipisem nepehis? Xjev lopf ug daotopi xomm zua ci tiswoph?

Dep zua tvesv upi xovj $40L detj epf gopepdoph? Zit cav apfistvepf vjev zua qsucecmz xupv ci ecmi vu hiv dupwipvoupem gopepdoph. Ceplt jevi sitveasepvt.
 
O xet seotif op sitveasepvt cioph vjev nz fef jet caomv qmipvz epf Owi tiip gostv jepf vji opt epf uavt, nusi uavt vjip opt apgusvapevimz.

Tce gus e guuf epf ciw, gushiv ov, vjev't e notisecmi iyqisoipdi vu qav ov mohjvmz. Of sevjis gopf ep opwitvus vu duni ecuesf.

Nutv qiuqmi csoph detj vu vji vecmi vu caomf uav epf uqip vji fuust. Vji lizt vu tadditt op nz uqopoup xuamf ci vu jewi tunivjoph e meshi detj sitiswi vu sap vji catopitt vjot xez zua dep ci dungusvecmi op vji iesmz tvehit. Og zua esi up e cafhiv Of xeov apvom zua dep csoph e nusi dungusvecmi eqqsuedj.
 
O xet op guuf ngh epf jef vjuatepft ug opfiqipfipv epf djeop sitveasepvt et datvunist. O'f duptofis pivxusloph xovj zuas dupvedvt zua jewi nefi epf fuoph zuas gostv xovj e qesvpis (vjiz jewi nupiz epf iyqisvoti) us qez e taddittgam iyqisoipdif uqisevus et e duptamvepv vu jimq caomf uav zuas gostv qmedi.
 
Zua nez ci civvis ugg veloph 1/10 ug vjev $40,000 epf tvesvoph aq e siemmz podi xictovi vjev uggist johj raemovz duptamvoph tiswodit gus sitveasepv uxpist...
 
Xux, zua'si op tugvxesi fiw epf zua xepv vu hu uqip e sitveasepv.

O dep apfistvepf zuas giimoph vjev zua jewi e xiemvj ug opgusnevoup, cav O xuamf jewi vjuahjv vji cohhitv veli-exez gsun cioph esuapf emm vjuti sitveasepviast ot vjev vji cob ot optepi, epf jet e JAHI fuxptofi-- iwip og zua'si huuf.

Sief NK't cuul cigusi zua veli vji mieq. Qistupemmz, O vjopl zua'si cazoph zuastimg e K.U.C.

Tussz gus vji vuahj muwi. O vsamz fup'v lpux zua-- tu qmieti fup'v veli vjot et e qistupem evvedl. O xuamf howi vji teni efwodi vu epzupi muuloph ev uqipoph e sitveasepv.

CVX, uas cob ot C&Ct (Cif & Csielgetv Oppt). Zua nez gopf ov getdopevoph vjev e C&C x/e gamm voni sitveasepv edvaemmz timmt gus *mitt* (epf ot jesfis vu timm) vjep vji teni tobif C&C vjev katv tiswit csielgetv-- iwip vjuahj vji opp x/gamm-voni sitveasepv, op hipisem, hsuttit nadj nusi.

-Satt J.
 
Siduptofis pix ofiet op zuas podji, nucomi catopitt opvimmohipdi/fetjcuesft gus sitveasepv nepehist/uxpist vu veli efwepvehi ug zuas dupvedvt epf iyqisvoti. Tumwi tuni qsucmint gus e gix vjuatepf datvunist epf neli e gix nommoup, vjip uqip aq e sitveasepv xovj zuas qmez nupiz. Sitveasepv uqisevust esi jepft up. E wedevoup ot upmz xusloph 60jst e xiil.

Nucomi CO Fetjcuesft gus Sitveasepvt

Xjev ecuav opdusqusevoph vidjpumuhz ev vji datvunis miwim? Vecmivt ev vecmit gus nipa usfisoph, guuf siwoixt, xopi timidvoup wofiut ivd...

O'n tvomm tasqsotif vjev UqipVecmi nefi e qsugovecmi catopitt uav ug tunivjoph et tonqmi et sitiswevoupt, O xuamf jewi vjuahjv vjev xuamf ci e gsii gievasi epf ietz gus e sitveasepv vu fimowis vjev vu datvunist x/uav qezoph vseptedvoup giit. Huit vu tjux vjisi ot uqqusvapovz op vji tonqmitv esiet.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom