The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Movies about money?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
First off, hope I chose the right category.

I was wondering of the role imaginations plays in an entrepreneur mind.

If we don't see the benefits of getting rich, we wouldn't move a finger. This is simple human nature.

What's hard and unknown, is not worth pursuing.

I realized movies amplify our imagination. And if a movie is well scripted (with plots according to the real world), it could spike our imagination in a positive way.

If I see a film about a man becoming rich, and finally experiencing freedom, I would start desiring that thing, too. But before I did not. Why? Because I couldn't see the benefits.

So movies and books might let you see the benefits of achieving something. The benefits in a macro level. Freedom. Million opportunities to try new things in life.

Money is power. Power can get you anything in this world (apart from health, maybe).

Okay, this post is getting too long.

What are the movies that had an impact on your beliefs and imagination about money?

Which ones do you recommend?

Note: Let me add. I'm not a movie watcher. I'm not asking for something that will make me action faking. Last movie I watched it was 5 months ago. Oh, and I'm 20.
I'm just wondering what could spike my imagination.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France

futures trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 5, 2019

If we don't see the benefits of getting rich, we wouldn't move a finger. This is simple human nature.

I realized movies amplify our imagination. And if a movie is well scripted (with plots according to the real world), it could spike our imagination in a positive way.

If I see a film about a man becoming rich, and finally experiencing freedom, I would start desiring that thing, too. But before I did not. Why? Because I couldn't see the benefits.

So movies and books might let you see the benefits of achieving something. The benefits in a macro level. Freedom. Million opportunities to try new things in life.

Money is power. Power can get you anything in this world (apart from health, maybe).

What are the movies that had an impact on your beliefs and imagination about money?

Note: Let me add. I'm not a movie watcher. I'm not asking for something that will make me action faking. Last movie I watched it was 5 months ago. Oh, and I'm 20.

The Big Short is about a guy who felt the big banks were wrong in their analysis and placed a major bet against them--and won big.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
Looking for a bit of inspiration huh?

THE GREAT GATSBY (2013)
Wealth everywhere but may not buy what you REALLY want
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET (2013)
Greed and the depths those with it may go.
WALL STREET (1987)
Greed is good?
ARBITRAGE (2012)
don't value wealth above morality.
TOO BIG TO FAIL (2011)
Didn't understand what happened in 2008? This will help.
TRADING PLACES (1983)
Are you and the bum asleep you step over that different?
LIMITLESS (2011)
How far could you go if you were the smartest man in the room....hell the neighborhood.
AMERICAN PSYCHO (2000)
Oh my God. It even has a watermark.
IN TIME (2011)
When time is money, how far would you go to never run out?

for series
Silicon valley......especially Russ Hanneman
Billions
Downton abbey
Entourage ....especially Ari Gold....if only for this scene
View: https://youtu.be/NMY9QUxDfwI

Ballers

And Lucifer......because that man is the hollywood dream of wealth personified.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
let me add a vote for War Dogs and

Kid Cannabis. Kid Cannabis is a 2014 American biographical comedy-drama film. It is based on the true story of an Idaho teen dropout who builds a multimillion-dollar marijuana ring by trafficking drugs through the woods across the Canada–US border

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
It's not exactly about money itself, but the single movie that changed my view of reality, and best describes what MJ calls the Script, is "The Matrix".

By the way, the Matrix 4 is coming in 2022.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Lord of War (2005): “There are only two tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.” - Lord of War
The Greatest Showman (2017) - Hugh Jackman

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Wolf of Wall Street
I just watched this movie and if you think you can be successful watching this movie or that its motivating your a loser with a bad mindset. Loser is harsh but you know what I'm saying. Try doing a pile of coke, F*cking hookers, and being an absent father and husband and see how happy and "successful" that makes you.
I hate degenerates that point out how people like lil pump or other rappers do drugs and codeine and are still "successful" so they do that too trying to attract landwhales in clubs or in their lowly social circles. Most movies about money are there to show you what NOT to do. Look at Blow, wolf of wallstreet, scarface, etc... They all end up bad.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
It's not exactly about money itself, but the single movie that changed my view of reality, and best describes what MJ calls the Script, is "The Matrix".

By the way, the Matrix 4 is coming in 2022.
Correct answer. Your capable of SO much more than you know. The ability to stand with your conviction and dreams is powerful and will make you that 1 in 100000.

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
The Big Short (2015) is definitely worth watching.

Rollover (1981)
About our money system

The Hummingbird Project (2018)
Building infrastructure for high-frequency trading

The Founder (2016)
The story of Ray Kroc. How to build systems

Moneyball (2011)
Using Data for the Win

The Social Network (2010)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

It is not about money but making money through business. Just watch shark tank. It is the best. There are plenty of movies about entrepreneurship but you learn more from shark tanks I think. Plenty of motivations when you see a guy selling his business at a million dollar to mark cuban.

Wall street movies are not about money...in the sense that OP talked about business and money. In fact wall street is about finance like war movies is about war. And most wall street movies are Hollywood imagination and vilification of the financial sector. Someone should make a movie to expose the Hollywood exploitation of young girls as shown by “me too” movement. Okay that’s another topic.

There is a documentary about money literally about the history of money and a critique of the modern monetary system. It is named “money as debt”. I majored on Economics and to me it was interesting.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Just saw it on net flix.. Caught me off guard because i wasn't expecting to watch an entrepreneur movie.

"Dolemite is my name"

Eddie Murphy is excellent in it and it shows how lonely and self-motivated one has to be to be a successful entrepreneur.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
for series
Silicon valley......especially Russ Hanneman
Billions
Downton abbey
Entourage ....especially Ari Gold....if only for this scene
Ballers

HBO seems to have a lot of shows about making money/bootstrapping. Another one of interest would be "How to make it in America". It's about two guys passionate about "making it", mostly it follows their designer jeans idea.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNmamAG0aE

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.