The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More than half of all millenials think they'll be millionaires

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Lol, I actually agree with them. If we assume they were born in 1981 and also assume 2.5% inflation/year then all they need to make is $183,486 in today's dollars to become a "millionaire". If the current trend continues then approx. 50% will actually retire as "millionaires".

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Lol, I actually agree with them. If we assume they were born in 1981 and also assume 2.5% inflation/year then all they need to make is $183,486 in today's dollars to become a "millionaire". If the current trend continues then approx. 50% will actually retire as "millionaires".
Altogether millenials have $1 Trillion in debt due to student loans

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Altogether millenials have $1 Trillion in debt due to student loans

Ok add $35,000 plus interest and you get somewhere around $250k to become a "millionaire".

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Every millennial who says they will be a millionaire is being sarcastic. 100%.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
I like to joke about having a private jet with my smug face on the side of it to my friends; however one thing I've learned from the 2016 election, scott adams, Seligman, and Kahneman is that a bullshit amount of optimism is almost always an asset over a liability.

It would be incredibly nice to have millions at my command nonetheless.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Most of them probably don’t realize how much $1 million will (or rather) won’t last them now. This isn’t 1950!

Ain't that the truth.

The problem with this "idea" is that I'm sure millenials are using this word "millionaire" to reflect a lavish, rich lifestyle. Unbeknownst to them, when they retire "millionaires" at 65, a simple medical procedure will cost $250,000, a Toyota Corolla $60,000, and a McDonalds Happy Meal $25.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Eh. Of course we millennials know $1m today is not the same as it was worth even 10 or 20 years ago.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Yet most look at you sideways when you suggest they learn sales and investing

Or gosh.. if you suggest going to trade school not college.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Started skimming, but can't read this idiotic article:

"If you start investing $1,000 per month at age 25, for example, you’ll accumulate almost $2.3 million by age 67, assuming a 6% rate of return. If you wait until you’re 30, the total falls to $1.6 million."

According to a quick google search, the average HOUSEHOLD has $1,729 left over after expenses (The Average American Household's Discretionary Income, by Age and Pay: Where Do You Stand? -- The Motley Fool).

That's for a household of multiple earners. But for arguments sake, let's say that's what a 25 year old has left over.

So you're telling me that spending 58% of all my spendable cash now, so that I can retire in 40 years in the best use of my money? Get out of here.

I much rather blow a grand a month on nightlife in my 20's than saving up for when I'm 65.

What's better?

Going out with friends every single week, having a good time, meeting girls, and maybe finding one that you want to settle down with? Or staying home throughout your 20's, and then smiling at 65 years old like a moron because you have $2.3M instead of $1.6M?

Edit: I just realized the article says you're working until you're 67. Lol. Enjoy that extra $700k for 11 years until you're expected to die.

Last edited:

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
Eh. Of course we millennials know $1m today is not the same as it was worth even 10 or 20 years ago.

Clearly you’re not part of the millennial group we’re talking about. You’re here! You get it!

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Clearly you’re not part of the millennial group we’re talking about. You’re here! You get it!

Millennials get a lot of bad rep. A lot of it is misinformed and unfair. Yet at the same time I know plenty of millennials who do stupid things and they ruin it for the rest of us. Not fun being stuck in the middle of it lol.

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto
Millennials get a lot of bad rep. A lot of it is misinformed and unfair. Yet at the same time I know plenty of millennials who do stupid things and they ruin it for the rest of us. Not fun being stuck in the middle of it lol.

"You can't judge an apple tree based on a few bad apples." - Cvince

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
the "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" propaganda is put upon us from a young age to encourage consumerism and discourage things like support for unions or higher wages.

I feel like if you looked up the % for older generations it would actually be higher, millennials are much more cynical and hopeless than previous generations.

Someone who was 15 for 9/11 following the script, would have graduated with a bachelors degree during the great recession for instance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.