So a family member owns a company in town and has not seen it to its full potential and there is a hole in the market. he's owned the business for 10+ years and pretty much runs it passively. I have the opportunity to start a competing firm. I have the charisma he once had and I have the muscle he now lacks. The realtor groups in town would like to see me embrace this new business and I would see an easy 6 figures by year end. My moral dilemma is do I potentially destroy my relationship by creating a competing company? How would you approach the situation? And buying into his company as a partner is a no go. already tried. My start up cost would be less than 10k . Has anyone dealt with something similar?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
