The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money For Nothing-Is the Sidewalk the new FastLane?

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
I came across this research paper today https://gallery.MailCheat(Chimp).com/e7cabe1e5d/files/Debt_benefits_immigration.03.pdf and I was flicking through it when I got to page 8.

It turns out that in the UK, if a couple with 3 kids both work 16 hours per week then after benefits they will take on average a salary equivalent to £62,000! This is due to all the bizarre benefit rules we have over here. I looked up where a salary of £62,000 would put you in the income scale in the UK and only 5-6% of people are on a salary higher than this.

So here's the question. If by only working 16 hours per week you can earn a higher wage than 95% of the people in your country, is living on benefits a Fastlane strategy? ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
I came across this research paper today https://gallery.MailCheat(Chimp).com/e7cabe1e5d/files/Debt_benefits_immigration.03.pdf and I was flicking through it when I got to page 8.

It turns out that in the UK, if a couple with 3 kids both work 16 hours per week then after benefits they will take on average a salary equivalent to £62,000! This is due to all the bizarre benefit rules we have over here. I looked up where a salary of £62,000 would put you in the income scale in the UK and only 5-6% of people are on a salary higher than this.

So here's the question. If by only working 16 hours per week you can earn a higher wage than 95% of the people in your country, is living on benefits a Fastlane strategy? ;)
No, that's not a fastlane strategy.

It's the leechlane.

The piss-stain on the sidewalk.

A failure in the system.

The reason why refugees walk through so many safe countries.

Yours sincerly,

A racist bigot right-wing a**hole

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Thats deff not fastlane , thats just a loophole

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

18ldrw.jpg

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If nothing else is stopping you from thinking this is fast lane then here it is, it violates control, need, scale, time and entry.

I guess you could call this the 16 hour work week and sell some books, that would be fast lane.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
I guess having the wink at the end of my original post wasn't enough to allude that my thoughts on this weren't exactly of a serious nature.

Seems to be a touchy subject by the reaction anyway.

You should take up copywriting, that title had me hooked.

If nothing else is stopping you from thinking this is fast lane then here it is, it violates control, need, scale, time and entry.

I guess you could call this the 16 hour work week and sell some books, that would be fast lane.

Great call! I could do this as a sideline project and learn some copywriting and marketing skills while I'm at it.

Note to self: Never make a joke on TFF again, especially before you are just going to bed. I see my sense of humour is "unappreciated" in these parts. :(

Ah well, back to work I suppose.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
I guess having the wink at the end of my original post wasn't enough to allude that my thoughts on this weren't exactly of a serious nature.

Note to self: Never make a joke on TFF again, especially before you are just going to bed. I see my sense of humour is "unappreciated" in these parts. :(

Keep cool, nobody here hates you.

It's just not funny. It's sad...

The Business/Retirement Plan
  • Migrate to country with the most benefits.
  • Get wife pregnant. The more kids, the better.
  • From benefit money, buy BMW and Armani suit.
  • Success. I'm the shit now.

P.S.

Don't take on stand-up comedy, will ya :)

Last edited:

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
Keep cool, nobody here hates you.

It's just not funny. It's sad...

The Business/Retirement Plan
  • Immigrate to country with the most benefits.
  • Get wife pregnant. The more kids, the better.
  • From benefit money, buy BMW and Armani suit.
  • Success. I'm the shit now.

P.S.

Don't take on stand-up comedy, will ya :)

I didn't mean for the tone of my last post to come across as angry, so if that's how it appeared, my apologies. I didn't think people here hated me..........but now I do! Haha.

My dreams of the stand up career now lie in tatters. Crushed. :embarrased:

KOS2186

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 29, 2016
Massachusetts, USA

Great call! I could do this as a sideline project and learn some copywriting and marketing skills while I'm at it.

I feel your pain, man.

Many times I've said something, which in my own head sounded so ridiculous that I thought "there's NO way anyone won't realize this is a joke", only to be proven wrong.

Still haven't stopped doing it though.

wind3n

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 12, 2016
It's strange to me how it's simultaneously funny yet sad and also infuriating. You know, when the Somali knife attack at Ohio State University happened, I was reading more about Somali refugees in America and found this:

Refugees sending 'suitcases of welfare cash' home to Somalia

Not only are they taking advantage of those that pay their taxes and work to stimulate economy, they are siphoning it off back to their home country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.