The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MLM or Network Marketing Schemes, Cringe, and More

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am not a fan of MLM's --- have never participated in one, but there are some good products involved in some. We buy BEER BREAD from Tastefully Simple, we buy pure vanilla from another MLM, and Carbo Salve from Watkins products. So... I do think there is value (as a consumer) in some MLM products. My wife just mentioned Skin So Soft, and Avon products in general. She doesn't use them, but millions of people find them to be a good value. Tupperware, Longinburger, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef...

GlassCannon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 15, 2011
I think the main problem (both tactically and morally) is that in MLM you don't provide value. You don't bring anything to anyone. Sure there's always some sort of product, but no one gets rich selling the products. You get rich getting a big "downstream" of new suckers to pay the upfront fees to join. It's a big pyramid scheme that relies on other dumber people below you to keep shoveling money onto the pyramid.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
An MLM is a legal way to have employees for less than minimum wage.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ participated in 5 to 6 MLMs

It was 4.

Must have learned something there.

Yea, I don't work for $3.09 an hour and Ill never participate in another one again. (I think they call "experience" wisdom, ey?)

Just like how you ate ramen noodles and tuna

I couldn't afford *real* food, as opposed to starving, I'll take the Ramen. I still eat tuna, and would consider that in the healthy category.

Sounds kinda Guruish.

Whatever. Keep selling Amway champ; sounds like you gotta real winner there. Now there's a LOL.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
As for me and my Work ethic. I would work circles around you. I just don't have the education.

Huh? LOL

MJ - Let him learn for himself about MLM. Anyone who gets into it for the first time says the same exact thing. They argue with anyone who tells them it's bogus and they think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. After you try it out once or twice or even the third time (hoping that this one is different), you realize what a mistake it was and what a waste of time.

For me, the couple that I got into were a learning experience, although not the best. Looking back on it, I feel that it was more negative than it was positive. I felt like I burnt some bridges by annoying people to "get in on this great new product". Then felt bad for the people that into it.

IMO mlm is just a way for the people who created it to make money. Everyone else is just a sucker along for the ride.

I did have a friend that was making over 3k a week with Mona-vie. His whole life was Mona-vie. He wore t-shirts, had stickers all over his car and it was the only thing he ever talked about. Needless to say, he lost many friends and after the everyone in his down line started bailing out, he was back down to making nothing. I'm sure if you ask him now, he'll tell you he regrets ever getting involved even after making all that money.

My suggestion is to try it out and see for yourself then come back here in a few months and tell us how you feel. And be Honest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Once again Fractal thinking.

Seriously, all of your arguments (now and in the past) are always based on a straw-man logical fallacy.

Wikepedia said:
A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[1][2]

You create arguments where none exist so you can purposely strike them down and claim "hypocrisy" or a valid point.

On my article regarding earning income on a lump sum, you wrote:

This is great MJ if you have a large lump sum of cash. But after 20 years of trying to make a lump some I haven't been able to make those types of investments. Not to down grade you but coming up with the cash is not as easy as you make it out to be.

Really? Where did I say it was easy. This is another one of your straw-mans that you can effectively argue. Time after time I make mention (here and in my book) that the Fastlane isn't easy. But of course, you can't attack that -- so lets say "MJ says its easy!" Your interpretation, despite contrary evidence in print, is problematic.

Experience may have taught you that you only eanred $3.08 per hour but what networking did you get?

Absolutely nothing other than these aren't the type of people I want to associate with, unless they understand 100%, that I'm not interested in their overpriced products, or their opportunity. I'm an entrepreneur, not a commissioned sales rep. I have NOT ONE relationship with anyone who I knew back in my "MLM" days. The networking value was worth ZERO. I suspect those same people are still walking the same MLM walk ... peddling some other company's product and claiming to "be their own boss."

I just don't have the education.

Funny, and here we are trying to educate you ... but of course, your way has been working all these years so why change now?

But In reality you are at the mercy of your government so control becomes and illusion.

I'm also at the mercy of the heart in my chest and the air that I breathe. With this type of thinking, I really should build a bunker in the back of my house.

MJ says MLM's are bad

Really? Here is another straw-man that you manufacture so you can refute an argument when none exists. Show me where I said "MLM is bad!" My book even says MLM has networking and training value. Of course, you can't debate that so lets create an argument where none exists.

MLMs and all the seminars and experience have certainly taught him something.

Yea, it helped me crystallize the real concept of entrepreneurship. It also taught me that most people are gullible and looking for "events" over "process".

You mean to say I am to follow MJ unquestioningly in a 300+ page book and get all the answers?

Not at all; another straw man.

Plus I have a few dependents in the mix that foil the $300 a month apartment and ramen noodle plan.

This isn't my fault. You made the choices that would impact your life for a lifetime, not me.

But is it right for everyone?

Another straw-man. I never said there is only one way. Life's answers are NEVER one-size-fits all. Jill's explanation is a great example on how MLM had value to her life. MLM had value in my life because it showed me EXACTLY where I didn't want to be.

So I get Hammered for questioning the great and omicient MJ?

You're getting hammered because you don't like seeing what you're reading. You seek education and when you get it, you throw it back. I guess the advice of several millionaires isn't credible enough. I get it. Your response to not liking what you hear is to create faux-arguments that you can attack and refute.

What do you think are the odds of getting into Internet Marketing and turning it into a multi-million $ business like you did? Not asking as a hypothetical, but reality.

Internet marketing? I don't recommend internet marketing as a business. I didn't do "internet marketing" - I built a business based on a value exchange. If someone does the same, and has all the variables that fall into the "hot zone" I'd put the odds very high. 10, 20, or even 30%!

The problem is, most people fail to possess all the needed variables. Sure, they may start a business with CENTS but they fail to commit. They make other bad choices that derail the odds. They buy expensive cars that forces them to get a job. They do shit that cause them to fall outsize of the hot zone. You see, most people don't have the commitment, nor drive to make the hard choices, and the right ones. CENTS was what I felt gave someone the better odds, independent of the other life's choices.

Anyone who would argue with "MJ" himself on his own forum just deserves to be branded with the word "Dolt" on his forehead...

I always welcome debate and discussion... the problem is, the arguments here are faux arguments manufactured for the sake of refutation. As I wrote in my book, I believe MLM has value in a Fastlane process but ultimately, if you seek a Fastlane, you don't want to be joining one, you want to be owning one.

Cheers,
MJ

Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
That must have came out wrong. I'm not hiding. What I'm trying to say is. People misunderstand MLM as a bad thing and I am interested in finding better terms or better ways to represent the business. Learning is a good thing. Meeting people with common interest is a good thing. I am okay here.

they are not fans of MLM because you are hitchhiking someone else's dream in building a large, scaleable business. That said if you are great at sales , and generating leads they can work. Just pick one that really DOES have good products they can't just duplicate off the retail shelves or via another autoship centric site

You can learn a lot in MLM in sales and self development

as far as pyramid schemes, Corporate America is the biggest pyramid scheme of all time including the fact most if not all multinationals use depressed labor or slave labor in some regard today. MLM is simply not paying for advertising, the people in the network are doing that.

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
However...one thing.. I was looking at the title of the thread. "MLM Debate". So image the confused look on my face.

To summarise:
All you need to know and remember is joining MLM is for chumps and guppies
But don't worry... Your time in MLM isn't wasted, all the experience, positivity and optimism you learned and felt there, you can use it when starting your own MLM. Now go and grow into a shark already!

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I don't know too much about MLMs, but I've read a bit here and there.

The whole idea of the fastlane is to provide value to customers on a large scale. In my mind when I think about any sort of business idea or business model, I think: "Can this help a bunch of people with something important to them?"

If it's for selfish reasons, you're avoiding that whole goal of serving others. If you serve others on a large scale in a smart way then you can make a lot of money. Money is payment for good/services tendered. If you aren't giving something, it will be hard to get something.

The whole idea of joining an MLM appears to be an extremely selfish venture predicated on the self-interest of it's staff/people/recruits and NOT on providing value which is why it's not so good.

Then you've got people who say starting an MLM is fastlane. Maybe. Are you helping people and providing value? Is the MLM essential to the business model or is it just one of many possible marketing tools?

It's like any business, really it just creates further potential for scale.

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
Putting my 2 cents in for anyone new looking at the MLM opportunity.

I was suckered into joining an MLM - althought, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The only thing I did wrong was because I did research AFTER I joined, not before. The person who introduced me to the business is one of my Bestfriends Cousins, and he was a person that I didn't think much of as an 'Entrepreneur' but had, had massive influence from his new Girlfriend, and as a result is now looking to become financially free.

Fast forward a month into the business. Start up cost is $495. Not a bad start up. In the first 30 days, the bonus for acquiring a certain amount of customers is $500, whilst in the second month is $1000, then onto the 3rd month in which you get your first Residual.

What is being sold is not a product, but a service. Essential services actually, Electricity, Gas, Internet, NBN (Australian), Voip etc.

While most MLM companies sell products of value, here in my company we are essentially 'helping people save money on their monthly bills'. So upon doing research, one problem that MLM companies have were they were not giving enough value to customers. I believe in my company that we have lived up to that expectation.

Although the problem I now see with MLM companies is the recruitment process. It is true that at times they can bring 'false hope', I learnt this by not studying the compensation plan as soon as I had joined, or even prior. What I did like, however, is the realism my upline gave me. To make it into this business, it does not take months, or even a year, it takes years upon years. I have always known that Traditional Business is the way I'd always wanted to go, and thus doing MLM and Tradition Business together would make quite the impact - especially being a 19 y/o such as myself. The benefits I see from an MLM company is the trainings offered (depending on the company you had joined) - and the training that is offered to me is of amazing value.

MLM's recruit people who have no prior business experience, and throws them into the world. My personal mentor and upline recruits by showing employees that staying in a job will not even let you be able to fulfill a 'comfortable' life when retired. She is able to change peoples perceptions on a job, and once that's all out of the way, introduces the opportunity.

Also another benefit is being surrounded by likeminded people. My mentor in the business is a Millionaire - having been a successful Property Investor and becoming financially free prior to joining, as well as at the top of the MLM.

In my personal opinion, any youngster who is looking to go into traditional business, has a great opportunity at joining an MLM. But to be that 1% bracket that make it, the work is cut out just as a traditional business. In order to succeed in such an opportunity, you must be an IBO that treats the opportunity as a tradition business, rather than just something on the side. For someone who has never experienced passive income, becoming an IBO is a great way to start, even if at the start it is small.

There are both negatives and positives for MLM, but like anything, you can make it work. For me, the opportunity to surround myself with powerful people, and learn sales is more than enough, especially when you can make the money back within the first 30 days. If it is aligned with your future goals (like having to sell a product, market etc) then MLM is an opportunity for you.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I remember I took a Uber cab some months back, and this driver was trying to make me join his MLM team. What he did was to constantly put me down and keep belittling my job, then after which he would create all these vision of big houses, cars, girls and the usual enticing stuff to tempt me, even throwing me an offer that I just have to fork out $4000+ to get started and he will fork out the rest for me, telling me he'll be my mentor and guide me.

"Graphic designer? What kind of job is that!"

"Do you really want to work like this for the rest of your life?"

"Among the friends you know, any rich guys? No? That is why you're poor till now!"

"Ever step into a mansion before? No? Wow, pity you, sad."

...and so on.

And the product? He didn't go into detail but keep raving about how it will cure many illnesses, improve your rate of surviving cancer, cure male hair loss, so I assume it's one of those shady miracle vitamins product.

From looking at the way these MLM guys rave about their products, I suspect most of them got brainwashed and hence developed some sort of cult personality to the point it's creepy.

I gave him a big fat 1 star Uber rating after that.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
That's pretty funny. Yea let me tell you about "muh mansions" while I drive your Uber. I'd just laugh and probably think, "Guy if your program worked, you wouldn't be driving an Uber."

Initially when he asked questions like "Do you really want to be a designer all your life?", I thought he was gonna give me life advice, but when he started talking about how awesome the product is, I stopped taking him seriously and just played along with him.

Why did he drive Uber despite selling MLM? According to him, he's earning near ~US$6,000 monthly from driving Uber but that's just his "side-job" as his main business is MLM.

It's a shame Uber don't allow passengers to give zero stars.
They should add a "Report this Driver" button in the app that shows up right after the ride is over, so it's easier for passengers to report these folks. In fact, trying to get passengers to join MLM schemes while riding in Uber is a questionable practice itself.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
This originated in the "Fastlane Website" thread and has developed into a friendly debate. I created this thread to maintain the other as a reference source. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I know better than to argue the point with anyone here. I think the MLM is better than being a corporate slave. and the enviroment of people wanting to help each other is a lot better than corporate slavery also. So its a step in the right direction.

And I know I am still a corporate slave to amway. But the enviroment is a t least one I can thrive in. An enviroment that my current corporatie employer has left behind in favor of the throw the guy under you under the bus enviroment.

As I have stated this is an exercise in NETWORKING and at the same time make a profit. Big or small. That is the more important point.

I find people find me online as maybe argumentative or brash or unrefined or whatever but in real life most people like me. Its weird that way which is why I chose to exercise my networking as I have little in the way of doing that in the real world. The virtual world allows us that extra bit of anonymity to be a little more bold than we normally would in the real world or a little more anonymous too. And I need practice there . this is not and end but a means.

As you yourself have stated MJ you were in MLM yourself. Aside form the fact that it did not make the millions you had hoped for. (I am only working to replace my fiance's income which is half of mine at my JOB) can you honestly say you LEARNED nothing from the experience about interacting in the real world doing MLM?

Not sure if this belongs in this thread as it is way off the topic of links to fastlane businesses LOL

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Tyler GOES OFF!! -- Never-Seen Video Reveals Howard Hughes Style RANT! | RSD Nation

This video is rated R... You have been warned.

I really like these guys. they taught me a lot about the real world as opposed to the keyboard jockey world.

Its real easy to sit back and tell people what they SHOULD do as opposed to what they actually did. If you can read a book and do exactly what it tells you and get the exact results that person who wrote the book did then my hat is off to you. My point is that there are certain nuances that may or may not have been translated and put down on paper. the real world is quite different than what things "ought" to be. The real world is a rough and tumble mass of chaos and you can only achieve a real understanding of it by experiencing it. Not vicariously from some book but actual experience.

Not to say books are bad. they can call out the pit falls while you are experiencing them. but as I have said about pick up. The field is KING. Doing is more important than theory. Otherwise you you are no more than Suze Orman (whose advice I also follow in regards to my 401 k . Everything is still in bonds until the train wreck is cleared.) When you combine the two it increases your speed if you do not possess the knowledge in the first place. At least this is my take on it. As I am a little older than MJ I cannot say I am doing better but my EXPERIENCE has at least led me here.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Tyler GOES OFF!! -- Never-Seen Video Reveals Howard Hughes Style RANT! | RSD Nation

I really like these guys. they taught me a lot about the real world as opposed to the keyboard jockey world.

Its real easy to sit back and tell people what they SHOULD do as opposed to what they actually did. If you can read a book and do exactly what it tells you and get the exact results that person who wrote the book did then my hat is off to you. My point is that there are certain nuances that may or may not have been translated and put down on paper. the real world is quite different than what things "ought" to be. The real world is a rough and tumble mass of chaos and you can only achieve a real understanding of it by experiencing it. Not vicariously from some book but actual experience.

Not to say books are bad. they can call out the pit falls while you are experiencing them. but as I have said about pick up. The field is KING. Doing is more important than theory. Otherwise you you are no more than Suze Orman (whose advice I also follow in regards to my 401 k . Everything is still in bonds until the train wreck is cleared.) When you combine the two it increases your speed if you do not possess the knowledge in the first place. At least this is my take on it. As I am a little older than MJ I cannot say I am doing better but my EXPERIENCE has at least led me here.

That video is funny as hell. You rock for posting it :) I agree...my take is that Fastlane is not about going from zero to 100 in the blink of an eye. There's an acceleration period. My opinion is that EVERYONE (yes, I mean EVERYONE) who wants to run a biznas should spend a year in the trenches...selling. I'm talking about DIRECT selling...face to face sh*t. It forces you to come to terms with your own insecurities, it teaches you invaluable lessons about psychology, and it teaches you unequivocally, without a doubt, that you can go out and make some cash anytime you need to do so. That type of confidence is essential. Is it Fastlane foundationally (yes I just made up the word "foundationally"!) ? No, it's not. I completely agree with MJ that MLM is not inherently Fastlane, but it does provide important elements.

I talk to Randy Gage pretty frequently. If you know MLM, you probably know Randy. He's a huge advocate of the business model obviously, and he lives a damn fine lifestyle in MLM. So what gives? He's on top, man. He's one of the founders. He has thousands of people working for him. If you have THAT kind of opportunity, and you know how to execute on it, then MLM is Fastlane. Otherwise, you're schlepping. Every Fastlane dude or dude-ette has a schlep period. MLM is one way to get it over with. I think it's a great business model. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably join Amway at 18 instead of the path I chose. Either way, learn to sell. THAT is essential.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Yes I think we all agree it is not fastlane. Myself included. But a launch pad. I also think Suze Orman is at least a step in the right direction although once you are out of the ditch and at least a pedestrian you can begin the Journey.

As this is more for my fiance than it is for me I am being supportive in her decision. At least she wants to take control over her finances. And As I have only had a decent paying Job I cant give her fastlane advice. I see it as a stepping stone to Fastlane ideas later. Also I see my own shortcomings in not getting out in the trenches and networking it will be a stepping stone for me too.

The REAL pyramid scheme is working in a corporate world hourly or salary. You will never make more than your boss and are always subject to his or her whims.

Gotta crawl before you walk before you run before you drive before you fly.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
thread-delivers.jpg

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
I think if you hang around quite a bit on PUAHate.com then you will see Tyler's gf. She is not hot at all. Her face looks like a tranny. And if you think this guy is getting hotties, think again. He is not teaching you real world stuff as what you think. He is teaching you keyboard jockey stuff. Oh by the way, you can also see the pic of his ex gf on PUAHate which he rated 9 out of 10. She is more like a 5 to me (and I am known to be generous with rating). And Papa his business partner never gets laid. And Jeffy was dating a chubby (read:fat) girl. She just dumped him.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
You are still young, you must see beyond the shit. Tyler is obviously delusional.

Randy Gage makes more from selling seminars and info products than MLM. Selling books (or info products) is fastlane as MJ said before. Don't be deceived.

That video is funny as hell. You rock for posting it :) I agree...my take is that Fastlane is not about going from zero to 100 in the blink of an eye. There's an acceleration period. My opinion is that EVERYONE (yes, I mean EVERYONE) who wants to run a biznas should spend a year in the trenches...selling. I'm talking about DIRECT selling...face to face sh*t. It forces you to come to terms with your own insecurities, it teaches you invaluable lessons about psychology, and it teaches you unequivocally, without a doubt, that you can go out and make some cash anytime you need to do so. That type of confidence is essential. Is it Fastlane foundationally (yes I just made up the word "foundationally"!) ? No, it's not. I completely agree with MJ that MLM is not inherently Fastlane, but it does provide important elements.

I talk to Randy Gage pretty frequently. If you know MLM, you probably know Randy. He's a huge advocate of the business model obviously, and he lives a damn fine lifestyle in MLM. So what gives? He's on top, man. He's one of the founders. He has thousands of people working for him. If you have THAT kind of opportunity, and you know how to execute on it, then MLM is Fastlane. Otherwise, you're schlepping. Every Fastlane dude or dude-ette has a schlep period. MLM is one way to get it over with. I think it's a great business model. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably join Amway at 18 instead of the path I chose. Either way, learn to sell. THAT is essential.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Hey I;ll take a chubby that can cook over a hottie that cant. You ever wonder why the skinny ones are skinny? Cuz they cant cook~! What I look for in a one Nighter is way different than a LTR.

I never personally met up with RSD guys but They helped me tremedously. Never took a boot camp. Just read a lot of their stuff and it works. Just sayin. I wasn't looking to be the best PUAH out there. just spit enough game to get me a hottie that can cook. Ill take a compatable 7 over a bratty 10 anyday.

The group I am in only allows people to speak who have made at least platinum ($7k a month profit) So I think I am in good hands.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
i agree with MJ if you can be successful with MLM you will be successful anywhere, why you ask, well because its just non stop new customer acquisition.

This is because normally it is a scam or the product sucks so their are no referrals. That means if you are successful here you could be that successful plus getting all referrals and the product and/or service selling itself.

I also agree with you eagle that you will learn the most important thing in business, sales. Learn the sales, get good at it and move on. MLM is tough so once you do well i believe it will help later in life.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey guys -- let's keep other people's wifes and how they look, out of the conversation. It really isn't relevant and is more suited for a car/mens forum. Lets try to keep this professional. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry MJ,

I deleted his post before I saw that you had addressed it. Let me know if you want it put back up.

Thanks

Sparlin

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Sorry MJ, The reason I brought up the video is that although it is brash and unprofessional The message can be converted from picking up women to Sales. In essence you are selling yourself when you are out in the field .

The Part where he talks about the pieces of the puzzle is the area I want to address. When you raise a child he raises some very good points about what you need to do with one. And if those points are not met things can wrong, possibly even horribly wrong. One of my missing pieces of the puzzle was Having a healthy social group. As a Teen I had a lot of anger issues and didnt spend that time in my life wisely. I never really learned to interact i social situations well despite having a high IQ. I can do well in one on one situations and public speaking but put me in a group and I freeze up like Most people would freeze up doing public speaking. And I think this attribute is far more important than any book knowledge I have as it pertains to the Fastlane mindset.

As I stated before I tried "internet" networking but find people to be flaky, deceitful , or just plain unavailable. THIS is the reason for my interest in MLM. Not the money end but to learn a valuable business tool. Face to face in the mud social situations. Something I cannot do behind a keyboard.

My fiance has a sidewalk mentality but I love her too much. She's now at least merging onto the slow lane which I am so relieved to see. Since I have not aquired fast lane wealth I have no proof for her that I know what I am talking about in regards to fastlane ideas. What I figure is now that she will start associating with people more prone to fastlane ideas she will merge into the fastlane. And I can tell these people about the book and network with some people that Have skills I do not possess. So Im am using it as a means. Not an end.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I've seen many MLM's come and go over the years. I even tried a few myself after my business was already up and running and making money. The bottom line is, unless your at the top your just making someone else more money than you are. I look at it as a glorified high paying job that masks itself into making you think your self employed. That is if you actually make money doing it. No offense to the ones who have done it or are doing and making money at it but if MLM is your thing then create the MLM don't become part of one.

There is a difference between MLM and a glorifed high paying job. That is one of atmosphere. Most Companies and corporations are about throwing those people below you under the bus to move ahead. It is not in thier best interest to help you improve so that they can move up. They want you just competent enough so you will do a good job but not get fired. Then they can blame you when things go wrong to make themselves look good.

in MLM it is in your upline's best interest for you to make money. For that is less work they have to do. And you should equally try to help your downlines for it is in your best interest that they be succesful. Whether they are successful is another story and how they did it. I am asking questions of ones I see who have been succesful at it and do what they did. Having home presentations selling soap is a lot easier than my current labor.

I agree in that you should start your own MLM for a fastlane mindset but if you do not know how one operates how can you start one? the quickest way is to get involved in one to see how it works. then later you can create your own.

But as I stated before, This is a means of networking and not an end. If Im profitable along the way then all the better. And as I stated on another post if you have no dependants then yeah, Live in your car, Move out of town and change your surroudings, eat rammen noodles and build your internet business using Mcdonalds wi fi. That plan will not work for me and my family. My truck isnt that big.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Sorry, but that's just another excuse that you can beat down; a straw-man argument that you can easily knock over convincing yourself that your options are limited, when they are not.

Where you choose to invest in your time is a choice you make -- apparently, you feel the best investment of that time is Amway. Good luck, I hope you find it inspiring and educating.
I have the education and the knowledge. What I lack is the Human resources of like minded people. I am surrounded by people who are stuck making $12 bucks an hour. This is my "changing my surroundings plan. I cant run away to Phoenix." So Im changing my surroundings by changing WHO is around me. Instead of a bunch of workign sclubs floundering their way through life I surround myslef with peopl who want to excell. Or am I missing something?

I really do want to succeed and am willing to take risks and sacrfiices but there are certain things I have to take care of. I am not chucking those despite the farting headwinds. It may take a little longer but its better in my case. Once you have kids you may understand a little more. I refuse to shirk that responsability. (the ability to respond) Just as your mother did for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.