The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MLM or Network Marketing Schemes, Cringe, and More

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
MLM is still alive and well. It's only in a more beautiful package with skill sales guys.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I think there are a few sides to look at with regards to MLM.

On the one side they're the ultimate easy escape for people who claim to want to be Entrepreneurs; but want everyting packaged and in a bow. They need the support network. They need to feel part of a family. They need everything to be the opposite of what a seasoned Entrepreneur experiences.

On the flip side, as a business, it's hard to argue they tick all the boxes (for the person running the business from the top)

Control? Yep - if they kept pushing their strategy, they can control rewards, the products, the supply chain and to a degree the end sales

Entry? Yep - it takes some doing to establish a brand and grab a foothold

Need? Yep on various levels. The products fulfil a need, or at worst, a want portrayed as a need (soft skin anyone?) The supposed lifestyle fulfils a need for (stereotypically in my experience) people who are big on empowerment and low on action.

Time? You'll rarely see the guys at the top still grinding out sales 9-5.

Scalable? It's in the nature of MLM.

From the bottom up I see them as the lazy man's choice. From the top down? Genius.

The real thing at the bottom of any MLM scheme, is that you have some drive and some balls, you can reap all the benefits, without any of the cons, restrictions or lack of control.

''surround yourself with likeminded people'' Stop and think ''why am I not doing that on my own terms?''

''experience your own business and working from home''. Stop and think ''why am I not doing or working towards doing that on my own terms"

"See life differently And work on (supposedly) your own terms". Stop and think "why am I not doing that myself".

There are no shortcuts to success; but that is what most MLM schemes promote in veiled manner.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
I've seen many MLM's come and go over the years. I even tried a few myself after my business was already up and running and making money. The bottom line is, unless your at the top your just making someone else more money than you are. I look at it as a glorified high paying job that masks itself into making you think your self employed. That is if you actually make money doing it. No offense to the ones who have done it or are doing and making money at it but if MLM is your thing then create the MLM don't become part of one.

Hey, MLM is being self-employed. You have your expenses and revenues and your required to file a small business income tax return at the end of the year. There is a real benefit working on an MLM even though you don't make any money. MLM is one of the best legal tax shelters in the world for the little guy/girl.. If you report a loss at the end of the year for your MLM business you can write off this loss against your regular income job. Of course different countries have different tax rules. One being that there is a limit to the number of years you can write off any successive yearly small business losses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Was at a restaurant yesterday and I heard some guy talking way too loud to the hostess, his tone was boisterous, confident, and that of a pushy salesman. He wasn't interested in eating at the place. Then loudly, he boldly proclaimed, "do you build businesses? We should connect, give me your phone number!!"

Then about 8 seconds later I heard the hostess say, "Uh, I'm only 17 years old."

Then the clown says, "Oh sorry... well lets talk next year!"

This guy was probably mid-thirties and it was epic cringe. He walked around like he owned the joint, then proceeded to leave and drive away in his old Dodge truck.

This behavior is a result of watching too much Youtube entrepreneurial hype videos and getting yourself pumped.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.