The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ (my real initials :)), 30 yo. Kazakhstan-USA-UK, my story of how I decided to become UNSCRIPTED

MJ_kazakh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 19, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I've always been considering myself as someone who is relentlessly looking for the ways of self-growth/self-development. I've been reading different books on goal-setting, increasing efficiency, improving the quality of life etc. I got a good job in a big corporation right after graduation at 20, started gradually climbing up the corporate ladder. Working hard paid off in some ways as I had the opportunity to work in the States and now move to London (as you can guess I am from Kazakhstan). On the flipside my job was sucking the life out of me - a daily schedule from 9 to 5 became a dream cause my normal working hours sometimes pass well beyond 10-11 pm. The weekends became a chance to catch up on my sleep. In the last couple years I started feeling that I can't continue to live that way until my retirement. All books on financial planning had one common theme - save 10%, invest and hope that by the age of 60 hope that you've accumulated enough to retire, which wasn't attractive at all. So last week I've been browsing Amazon bookstore in the hope to find a decent book on business and stumbled upon Unscripted by MJ DeMarco. I read some reviews and my inner voice said to give it a try. Once I started reading the book I couldn't put it aside. I've been reading it in my commute, in my walk to the office or even when I was brushing my teeth! The wonderful thing for me was that I came to the same conclusions on my own regarding hyper realities, consumerism, the role of corporates/media in creating the distorted reality where owning the "stuff" can buy happiness etc. I am completely on board regarding the will of young generation to receive immediate results without putting much effort. I am proponent of a principle that success is the result of hard work, discipline and persistence to achieve good results in the long run. No pain no gain!
Although I never considered myself a business-person or potential entrepreneur I am committed to apply the advices given in Unscripted to transform my life, build something valuable which as a side effect will deliver financial freedom.
Thank you for reading my introduction!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Hi, so awesome to find someone here from Kazakhstan. And we are all happy for your realization that saving 10% most likely won't take you far in life.

If you haven't read Millionaire FastLane I'll suggest for you to grab it as well. It's very good!

@MJ_kazakh do you consider getting back to Kazakhstan? Is something you would like to do?

MJ_kazakh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 19, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, so awesome to find someone here from Kazakhstan. And we are all happy for your realization that saving 10% most likely won't take you far in life.

If you haven't read Millionaire FastLane I'll suggest for you to grab it as well. It's very good!

@MJ_kazakh do you consider getting back to Kazakhstan? Is something you would like to do?

Thanks for suggestion, I am actually reading The Millionaire Fastlane right now! My husband and I have developed an idea and started working toward its implementation. We are hoping to stay in the U.K. Cause as you imagine the market has much more potential than in Kazakhstan. How is your fastlane journey?

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
I am doing great. I would say I was never a sidewalker or slowlaner thinker, but sure I was a slowlaner in action. With time I started to be more proactive, stopped complaining and start to risk more. So far I still have a long way to go, but in the past 3-4 years it has been paying it's dividends.
Got me to really nice places and situations - one of them being Kazakhstan (for example).

Business wise where it took me was to think in a skill I have that people have in demand. With that I started to coach people on fitness and was able (and still am) to get some cash to pay for some of my expenses.
And now I started a wine company - I have a vineyard and a place to make wine, and the next step is to approach foreign distributors and sell the wine in specific markets.

Wish you luck and hard work on your journey. Might not come as easy as you would wish, but if you persist and constantly look for ways to learn, it will also start to pay off.

All the best!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hey man!

Welcome to the family, amazing short-story and great insight into your personality.

Although I never considered myself a business-person or potential entrepreneur

I think that most entrepreneurs don't consider themselves as entrepreneurs. Not putting a label on yourself is better than having a sticker on your forehead that reads 'entrepreneur'. Most successful businessmen are inventors and executers. All of them invented something, let it be a new payment gateway, processing system, inventory management software, etc.

Just concentrate on how you can add value to someone's life. Simple. Do your best to scratch someone's pain and treat it. Become sort of a doctor: locate the pain, identify treatment options, execute treatment and stick to what works best.

Just my friendly suggestion.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
It's a female. ;)

Very welcome @MJ_kazakh. I think it's great that more women contribute to the forums.

Daaamnnn this one of those life failures I'll never forget lol. Thanks for pointing this out though.

MJ_kazakh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 19, 2017
United Kingdom
I am doing great. I would say I was never a sidewalker or slowlaner thinker, but sure I was a slowlaner in action. With time I started to be more proactive, stopped complaining and start to risk more. So far I still have a long way to go, but in the past 3-4 years it has been paying it's dividends.
Got me to really nice places and situations - one of them being Kazakhstan (for example).

Business wise where it took me was to think in a skill I have that people have in demand. With that I started to coach people on fitness and was able (and still am) to get some cash to pay for some of my expenses.
And now I started a wine company - I have a vineyard and a place to make wine, and the next step is to approach foreign distributors and sell the wine in specific markets.

Wish you luck and hard work on your journey. Might not come as easy as you would wish, but if you persist and constantly look for ways to learn, it will also start to pay off.

All the best!

Yeah, we are already feeling that the task is far from easy but I am already working 60 hours week for my employer, so investing the hard work and time into our own "brainchild" is much more satisfying.
I also wish you all the luck!

MJ_kazakh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 19, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey man!

Welcome to the family, amazing short-story and great insight into your personality.

I think that most entrepreneurs don't consider themselves as entrepreneurs. Not putting a label on yourself is better than having a sticker on your forehead that reads 'entrepreneur'. Most successful businessmen are inventors and executers. All of them invented something, let it be a new payment gateway, processing system, inventory management software, etc.

Just concentrate on how you can add value to someone's life. Simple. Do your best to scratch someone's pain and treat it. Become sort of a doctor: locate the pain, identify treatment options, execute treatment and stick to what works best.

Just my friendly suggestion.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Absolutely agree that creating a value is the key element in all success stories. I am not a risk taker that's why my whole life I was afraid to go down the entrepreneurship road because of the dreadful statistics that 4 out of 5 start ups fail within first 5 years after launch. Now I realise that the reason behind all failures was the money chasing mindset instead of creating a real value/making difference in other people's lives. It's still scary to be honest but can't take more misery of the corporate office life.

MJ_kazakh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 19, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give an update on my journey. It's been a year since I had posted the above message and during that time I was able to find the idea on how I could make an impact on other people's lives in order to build a solid foundation for my business. It wasn't as easy and straightforward as I imagined as I made a mistake of choosing multiple opportunities instead of pursuing one. With a full time job I basically wasted 6 months on something that hasn't worked out. However, now with the help of my husband I am creating a valuable content and started getting my first customers (which means I am moving on the right direction!). Success doesn't come quickly. It's just the beginning and we will keep working until we grow into a real company!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...