The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mixergy Type Podcast.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

petethepeddler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 2, 2010
PA / NY
Can you show me where these are? I know he has 3 pre-show sponsors, but I'm not sure where the other 3 are located.

Each spot is sold for $650 and run 10 times a month. He alternates the 3 spots between the six of them. He offers a how to interview webinar that I took ($37) and he disclosed the information in that.

D

DeletedUser2

Podcast structure.

I came up with this a while back after disecting half a dozen diff podcasts, and some regular media shows.

pls feel free to use and enjoy

This is a brief overview of how to structure a podcast topic for development of a podcast.
This is primarily for who wish to create a informative and compelling podcast.
The Model is blindingly simple.

1. Set a time and date
2. Take this outline and fill it in for 15-30 min before the podcast
3. Record the podcast
4. Send for editing
5. Have someone else post and optimize

Total time should be 1 Hr per podcast. Let someone else do the work.
Interview style podcasts should use the 55 Interview questions model for the topic. Everything else should be the same
Structure
Intro
Character chat
pre topic talk
Talk
Topic
Explain over view
problem solutions, resources

explain the problem
explain what others are doing
explain some solutions
example1
example 2 (perfect for marketing your product or affiliate product)
Give Resources, and site to find them at
your site/resources page, show notes ect.
give overview as closing and mention next the quick tip

Quick Tip. (short tip for your market)
Outro

What each one is
Intro;
Usually a consistent branding clip that you design, Place to put compelling tagline.
Example, “welcome to HomeBrewAudio.com the place you can brew your best audio for the internet and learn how to make money online just by talking”
Best if saved as a clip for insertion into the front.
Other examples, Internet business mastery.com

Character Chat
This is where you take few min and introduce your self again to new listeners as well as chat with anyone else you have on the line. Take a few min and discuss your life, or the parts you wish to share, and let people get to know you. “something that happened to me recently…” usually a good place to put a segue way into where you will be talking about the topic at hand.

Pre topic talk.
This is where you are going to mention the topic today in a general way. “today we are going to discuss the 0 dollar approach to recording and how you can benefit (I like to add how THEY personally will benefit from this topic. As it usually keeps them interested until the end of the podcast)

TOPIC overview
This is always a good short overview where you identify the problem, tell them what they are going to learn, how to apply it and the resources they will get
“today we talk about the 0$ dollar studio. So many of our listeners are often wondering what can I do that doesn’t cost me anything to produce my audio I need. so this where we will share with you our secrets for creating audio using the tools you probably already have. How you can begin creating audio now, and do it for little or no cost, and some places you can get the best software for free on our resource page”

Explain the problem
This is where you expound on the problem mentioned above. It maybe from feed back from customers, or from a survey.
Explain how this problem(s) cause pain and suffering, and don’t be afraid to crank up the pain a bit. Really make people understand this a painful thing.

Explain the solution
This is where you offer immediate pain relief to the problem discussed. Where you offer a solution to the problem at hand, and tell your audience how to use this information immediately,

Examples
“ here is how to save yourself the pain of not having this resource…”
“the quickest way to improve this situation is to …..”
“something I discovered that made it SO easy to do was….”
Continue to give examples of how you implemented the solution. What you did, or what they will need to do. You don’t always have to sugar coat the solution. In fact is good to be upfront with your audience and just tell them if its going to be difficult at first but will improve with time.

Give resources
When I mention something that may be a solution or a resource, I will often send them to one of my pages. I will put a CLICK HERE link discussing the solution. This I can track how many people who hear my podcast, click on the link. Or I can put an affiliate link there if I am suggesting someone elses product. And if the old site goes down, or a new product comes up, I can always change the link. And my podcast still refers them to my page, so it will still be correct information out there, even 2 yrs latter.

Give over view recap
This is where I recap the whole podcast in a few min. or less. I like to keep it brief, restating the problem, reminding them of the solution, and reviewing where they can get the resource.
And I then lead into the …

Quick tip, secret suggestion, experts shortcut ect…
This Is like a quick bonus. You may give a way suggestions, or tips, that are fast and easy, or remind someone of a more efficient way of doing something. You can also suggest additional resources on your resource page, or refer them to an article ect. This is where I will often talk about an additional tools I like to use. Keep it brief, explain the benefits of what ever you are mentioning, and what it will do for them.

Outro
This is like the intro, another Clip that you keep around, usually with your tagline, saying thanks for listening. Ect.

You now have the structure of a good podcast. Several of the top performing information podcasts have this same structure, so it works, and works well. It will allow you to communicate with your audience, build rapport, and help get a very loyal fan base. Which often leads to additional sales.
You can also post your podcast at a number of podcast sites that can help drive traffic to you website as well.
I hope this helps, as it was only a overview

Dale

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.