The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mind blown!

david.rutgos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 2, 2017
New York
Hi All!

I'm David Rutgos from New York. A software engineer sidewalker (more like the walking dead). I'm 43 years old, work more than 60 hours a week and have been doing this for the past 18 years.

I just finished The Millionaire Fastlane yesterday and half way through Unscripted and let me tell you something, I have a mix of emotions!

Anger - That I've wasted so much precious time (life units) for worthless paper. Being a sheep lead to the slaughter with a perpetual consumer mentality to keep myself enslaved to this walking dead lifestyle for so long.

Sad - That my daughters basically grew up without a father who was too busy working instead of spending time with them. Who spent more money than I was taking in so that we are at a point now that we can't even go on vacation...still paying the credit cards for the last vacation we took five years ago.

Ecstatic - I'm not dead yet. Of course there is no guarantee that I'll live to see another day and of course it would have been better to find this truth earlier in life... but you know what, I'm awake now. I'm learning as much as I can. The books are great but I want to move from head knowledge to action.

No more looking for that quick "event" but learn the process of finding the pain points of others and delivering value.

This is an amazing "aha" moment for me. I've dabbled here and there with different ventures, MLM's, etc and always felt like I was missing something. I was always chasing money and what is in it for me without regard to the market. I was a consumer trying to convince other consumers that they should trust me and buy my products because I really need the money.

No longer!

This 'IS' my FTE.

I want to be a producer! I want to teach my kids and my grandkids (hopefully) that being a sidewalker and slowlaner is a dead end road and basically modern day slavery.

I will set that example for them so they can avoid the pain that I've felt and enjoy the free time to be with loved ones, travel the world and help others.

Thanks MJ! I appreciate you smacking me awake. The red pill is not easy to swallow but I'm glad I have another road that I can follow now. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Cool! A lot of us here started a little later, I for one haven't looked back. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

mo3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 6, 2017
UK
Yay! Almost 43, software engineer here too [emoji846]. Welcome!

I joined yesterday and I'm almost finished reading TMF . Lots to think about.

I look forward to hearing about your changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro, glad you enjoyed the books.

I think people underestimate how much can change in a few short years, but also overestimate how fast change can happen.

We've seen big transformations here in just a matter of months to years.

Welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CharlesWManuel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 9, 2016
Welcome to the team. I very rarely post but your story really resonates with me. My wife and I were pretty much in the same place!!
I will warn you now, though: Entrepreneurship is like a sickness that you can't kick ... Let me tell you, once you get a taste for that pure freedom, any job you step into after feels like you're being poisoned by toxic waste... It's crazy. Took me a few tries to really make my business"stick" and I had to go back to a regular old job in the interim, but now I have more than 15,000 coming in in q4 and I'm getting ready to pitch three large national companies for my services (social media management and SEO) so it can happen...I was just an accountant at a non-profit about 4 months ago!!!

Congrats on learning that anyone can do what we do... Now get ready to spend a lot of long nights figuring it all out. I started my business in 2015, and it took a nervous breakdown, 2 "filler" jobs, almost losing my marriage, and about $10,000 in credit card debt before I made it work. She's still not anywhere near running on her own, but I can work a half day on a Friday now and not be too worried. But I pick up and drop off my daughter every day from school (we walk), I'll sometimes work from my hammock in my back yard, and I'll go to the gym at ten am sometimes. That, to me, is wealth. I do exactly what I want to, every day.

Hope to see you here soon [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.