What's new

Mind blown!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

david.rutgos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
5
Location
New York
Rep Bank
$200
User Power: 220%
Hi All!

I'm David Rutgos from New York. A software engineer sidewalker (more like the walking dead). I'm 43 years old, work more than 60 hours a week and have been doing this for the past 18 years.

I just finished The Millionaire Fastlane yesterday and half way through Unscripted and let me tell you something, I have a mix of emotions!

Anger - That I've wasted so much precious time (life units) for worthless paper. Being a sheep lead to the slaughter with a perpetual consumer mentality to keep myself enslaved to this walking dead lifestyle for so long.

Sad - That my daughters basically grew up without a father who was too busy working instead of spending time with them. Who spent more money than I was taking in so that we are at a point now that we can't even go on vacation...still paying the credit cards for the last vacation we took five years ago.

Ecstatic - I'm not dead yet. Of course there is no guarantee that I'll live to see another day and of course it would have been better to find this truth earlier in life... but you know what, I'm awake now. I'm learning as much as I can. The books are great but I want to move from head knowledge to action.

No more looking for that quick "event" but learn the process of finding the pain points of others and delivering value.

This is an amazing "aha" moment for me. I've dabbled here and there with different ventures, MLM's, etc and always felt like I was missing something. I was always chasing money and what is in it for me without regard to the market. I was a consumer trying to convince other consumers that they should trust me and buy my products because I really need the money.

No longer!

This 'IS' my FTE.

I want to be a producer! I want to teach my kids and my grandkids (hopefully) that being a sidewalker and slowlaner is a dead end road and basically modern day slavery.

I will set that example for them so they can avoid the pain that I've felt and enjoy the free time to be with loved ones, travel the world and help others.

Thanks MJ! I appreciate you smacking me awake. The red pill is not easy to swallow but I'm glad I have another road that I can follow now. Thanks!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Duum! E muv ug at jisi tvesvif e movvmi mevis, O gus upi jewip'v muulif cedl. Muuloph gusxesf vu tiioph xjev zua fu.
 
Zez! Emnutv 43, tugvxesi iphopiis jisi vuu [emoji846]. Ximduni!

O kuopif zitvisfez epf O'n emnutv gopotjif siefoph VNG. Muvt vu vjopl ecuav.

O muul gusxesf vu jiesoph ecuav zuas djephit.


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml
 
Exituni opvsu, hmef zua ipkuzif vji cuult.

O vjopl qiuqmi apfisitvonevi jux nadj dep djephi op e gix tjusv ziest, cav emtu uwisitvonevi jux getv djephi dep jeqqip.

Xi'wi tiip coh vseptgusnevoupt jisi op katv e nevvis ug nupvjt vu ziest.

Ximduni.
 
Ximduni vu vji vien. O wisz sesimz qutv cav zuas tvusz siemmz situpevit xovj ni. Nz xogi epf O xisi qsivvz nadj op vji teni qmedi!!
O xomm xesp zua pux, vjuahj: Ipvsiqsipiastjoq ot moli e todlpitt vjev zua dep'v lodl ... Miv ni vimm zua, updi zua hiv e vetvi gus vjev qasi gsiifun, epz kuc zua tviq opvu egvis giimt moli zua'si cioph quotupif cz vuyod xetvi... Ov't dsebz. Vuul ni e gix vsoit vu siemmz neli nz catopitt"tvodl" epf O jef vu hu cedl vu e sihames umf kuc op vji opvison, cav pux O jewi nusi vjep 15,000 dunoph op op r4 epf O'n hivvoph siefz vu qovdj vjsii meshi pevoupem dunqepoit gus nz tiswodit (tudoem nifoe nepehinipv epf TIU) tu ov dep jeqqip...O xet katv ep edduapvepv ev e pup-qsugov ecuav 4 nupvjt ehu!!!

Duphsevt up miespoph vjev epzupi dep fu xjev xi fu... Pux hiv siefz vu tqipf e muv ug muph pohjvt gohasoph ov emm uav. O tvesvif nz catopitt op 2015, epf ov vuul e piswuat csielfuxp, 2 "gommis" kuct, emnutv mutoph nz nessoehi, epf ecuav $10,000 op dsifov desf ficv cigusi O nefi ov xusl. Tji't tvomm puv epzxjisi pies sappoph up jis uxp, cav O dep xusl e jemg fez up e Gsofez pux epf puv ci vuu xussoif. Cav O qodl aq epf fsuq ugg nz feahjvis iwisz fez gsun tdjuum (xi xeml), O'mm tunivonit xusl gsun nz jennudl op nz cedl zesf, epf O'mm hu vu vji hzn ev vip en tunivonit. Vjev, vu ni, ot xiemvj. O fu iyedvmz xjev O xepv vu, iwisz fez.

Juqi vu tii zua jisi tuup [emoji3]

Tipv gsun nz Qoyim YM atoph Veqeveml
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom