- Joined
- Aug 2, 2013
- Messages
- 615
Rep Bank
$2,575
$2,575
User Power: 373%
In order to invest (in many cases) you must have money saved.
One of the most gratifying little things I’ve done lately is empty my piggy bank. (Yes, I’m 27 years old and I still have a piggy bank! lol)

Anyways, I’ve had this thing since I was about 10 years old. And since then I’ve built the habit of putting money in there rather than spend it. When I was a kid, it came from my allowance.. nowadays it’s any loose change I have in my pocket at the end of the day (cash from the bar/eating out, cashing in bottles at the bottle depot, money that I find on the ground, etc)
This habit carried over to my bank accounts when I was old enough to get one. Instead of blowing all my money from my minimum wage jobs, I’d put aside money in my savings account.
A couple years ago I created a bank account and named it “Financial Freedom Accountâ€. I would take at least 20% of money that I earned or received and transfer it to this account, and I was never to touch it unless for investments that fueled financial freedom.
Well, this year was life-changing for me. I finally used the money I had in this account to purchase my first investment property which led to a chain of events. I went from 1 to 3 investment properties in a short period of time and 10 income streams from these properties. The passive income I make off these investments would equate to someone working over 60 hour workweeks at minimum wage. It covers all of my monthly living expenses, essentially making me “financially freeâ€.
This all started with the habit of saving. Even today I still put coins I find, money from bottle depots, and spare cash into my piggy bank.
One of the most gratifying little things I’ve done lately is empty my piggy bank. (Yes, I’m 27 years old and I still have a piggy bank! lol)

Anyways, I’ve had this thing since I was about 10 years old. And since then I’ve built the habit of putting money in there rather than spend it. When I was a kid, it came from my allowance.. nowadays it’s any loose change I have in my pocket at the end of the day (cash from the bar/eating out, cashing in bottles at the bottle depot, money that I find on the ground, etc)
This habit carried over to my bank accounts when I was old enough to get one. Instead of blowing all my money from my minimum wage jobs, I’d put aside money in my savings account.
A couple years ago I created a bank account and named it “Financial Freedom Accountâ€. I would take at least 20% of money that I earned or received and transfer it to this account, and I was never to touch it unless for investments that fueled financial freedom.
Well, this year was life-changing for me. I finally used the money I had in this account to purchase my first investment property which led to a chain of events. I went from 1 to 3 investment properties in a short period of time and 10 income streams from these properties. The passive income I make off these investments would equate to someone working over 60 hour workweeks at minimum wage. It covers all of my monthly living expenses, essentially making me “financially freeâ€.
This all started with the habit of saving. Even today I still put coins I find, money from bottle depots, and spare cash into my piggy bank.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


