The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation as a way to improve the entrepreneurial mind

Anything related to matters of the mind

JaspervR

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 9, 2019
Dear fellow entrepreneurs,

With the increase of mindfulness and meditation in our society I think most of us are starting to see the benefits of meditation. Scientifically there's a huge amount of benefits that are ascribed to meditation and I remember hearing Gary Vee say that meditation will be the next big health revolution. Now over the last few years I've become an avid meditator and although it sounds cliché, it's has really made a huge impact on my life. Now I'm trying to introduce meditation to others and especially entrepreneurs who always have a lot on their plate. This post is not meant as self-promotion as I don't have anything yet to promote but I'd first like to do some research and see how other entrepreneurs feel about meditation.

So a few questions:
- Do you already meditate? If you don't, what's holding you back from starting?
- What type of meditation works best for you and what does it help you with?
- What are the biggest obstacles that you encounter when it comes to meditation? Or what are you most struggling with in your meditation practice?

I greatly appreciate you answering and many thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019

With the increase of mindfulness and meditation in our society I think most of us are starting to see the benefits of meditation. Scientifically there's a huge amount of benefits that are ascribed to meditation and I remember hearing Gary Vee say that meditation will be the next big health revolution. Now over the last few years I've become an avid meditator and although it sounds cliché, it's has really made a huge impact on my life. Now I'm trying to introduce meditation to others and especially entrepreneurs who always have a lot on their plate. This post is not meant as self-promotion as I don't have anything yet to promote but I'd first like to do some research and see how other entrepreneurs feel about meditation.

So a few questions:
- What are the biggest obstacles that you encounter when it comes to meditation? Or what are you most struggling with in your meditation practice?

I think about meditating then I make one more call, send one more email or go knock on a door. I'm seeing formally productive people being "mindful" I ask myself, at this point can I afford to stop and be mindful? The answer is no. I do sleep however, at night. I find that's the best way to meditate.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Why target entrepreneurs?

I do it (stopping the mind mumble) every time I feel stressed or overwhelmed. I don't sit down like a hippie in a park, but do it quickly in my mind or when walking, exercising or sometimes randomly when not engaged. It's a great stress killer and a very useful tool. I struggled to get why we should meditate a long time until I had a big mindset shift why it is necessary.

For me, it's a private thing, doing it in my own way and pace. There are so many meditation, personal coach ads in my feeds lately, who just are waiting for me to give them money, so they can send me videos of them talking about them, telling how to be exactly like them and of course let's not forget any upsells. Seems like everyone want's to be a local vegan meditation guru right now and it is really exhausting. Meditation is trendy right now, so you see many Instagram influencers posting their meditation pose pictures with #namaste #awakening #blessed hashtags and judging everyone who is not "awakened" or who is not vegan. So if you are not a vegan and you don't meditate, it gives your average guru a false superiority bias (I like talking with people, I have seen a lot of this type recently)

I think the best approach would be not to push it to people who are not ready, nor want to meditate, especially not judging them for it. However, you can be a great example yourself, maybe do some workshops and go from there.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Prayer has just as many benefits as meditation.
Meditation makes me fall asleep.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019

So a few questions:

I have tried Mediation, I fall asleep like a nap, not to mention - It needs to cultivate a least amount of "Patience"
But I think Tim Ferris said somewhere that, If you can't Meditate, you should start "Practicing Gratitude" as alternative in every morning which works for me <> It's like appreciating small things in life

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.