The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation and Fastlaners ? Do you practice it ? Looking for insights please :)

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
Do you guys practice it ? What are the main benefits ?

Would you guys recommend me a great and efficient source to learn the techniques without the BS, no "namaste" and "peace and love" gurus please;)
I'm a big fan of binaural beats. It comes out of research done in the 60s and 70s around playing two different tones in each ear to induce a meditative state. It works, and it's much easier than traditional meditation. You can find free ones on Youtube, or pay a provider. I personally prefer the products put out by Centerpointe/Bill Harris, even though it costs me money.

I can say I'm a different person from ten years ago - and I credit much of it to the increased level of awareness I've gained from this kind of meditation. It has definitely raised my threshold for handling stress. There are many benefits. Centerpointe sends out support letters to help you understand what you're experiencing, and has actual people available by phone to answer any questions you have.

A friend of mine was having significant sleep issues. She used free binaural beats she found on Youtube and three months later stopped using them because she didn't have sleep problems anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Well, as I'm writing this comment, I'd just finished a meditation moments ago!

I love it. The extra bit of clarity and focus. The ability to just let go of whatever thoughts were troubling you beforehand is great.

When using Headspace, it's not rare that I take 20 minutes, 30, or sometimes more meditating daily. That said, I also haven't had Headspace in awhile!

Seid1w

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 10, 2016
Canada
Meditation not only helps you to attain peace and concentration, it will also change you to a sharp personality. There are different ways to meditate. You can concentrate to chantings and meditate, or listen to the natural sounds around you, concentrate on your breathing or focus on an image in your mind. The best and the easiest is to concentrate on your breathing.

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Not meditation but hypnosis which can be similar at times depending on what products or techniques you use.

I found an interesting site a few years back selling these 20-30 minute audio hypnosis sessions on just about every topic and phobia you could have. For $15 it was worth a try to ease my flying phobia and I found I liked their work aside from just the phobia products. It was useful to just have something relaxing to listen to at times, especially when flying or on the train (you can't drive with them on obviously)

That initial $15 purchase turned into buying something like 70-80 of their products and while not all of them are used it's nice to have a selection on the IPod/IPhone anytime I need it.

The site is simply called Hypnosis Downloads, and I'd recommend it as long as you don't have an aversion to English/Scottish accents.

I find it funny how the individual downloads show how many times they've been purchased-

"Dental Phobia" 614 purchases, understandable
"Fear of the Phone" 617 purchases, er what?

I'm still waiting on "Fear of Clowns" to show a score but "Fear of Others Vomiting" is rolling along at 223 purchases.

Did you ever get rid of your phobia fully through the audio sessions?

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Meditation not only helps you to attain peace and concentration, it will also change you to a sharp personality. There are different ways to meditate. You can concentrate to chantings and meditate, or listen to the natural sounds around you, concentrate on your breathing or focus on an image in your mind. The best and the easiest is to concentrate on your breathing.

I would disagree, I would say that TM is the simplest form of sitting meditation.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I would disagree, I would say that TM is the simplest form of sitting meditation.

May I ask why you have TWO accounts? Which one do you want deleted?

kameronja

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 8, 2016
I've been meditating now for almost 3 years now and I can personally say it is the greatest thing I have ever picked up. Now there are so many different types of meditation and I have delved into a lot of them. Love/kindness, gratitude, mindfulness, mantra-based, visualization - the real juice is in keeping your mind focused on one thing (mantra, breath, candle light, dirty sock on the floor) for an extended period of time. My sessions generally last anywhere from 15-30 min. Now, when it comes to meditation, not all sessions are created equally. I've had months where I've been stressed with loads on my mind while continuing to meditate (at least that's what I thought) until finally realizing those meditations were crap after one day slipping into a glorious meditative journey. I mean, i think sitting down and committing to it is better than nothing - but like anything else in life - you REALLY have to commit to it to see great benefits. And when you find yourself on a streak of great sessions, the outcome is really unbelievable.

When I'm going through a great period, here are some benefits I've noticed: equanimity, ability to connect with other people , ability to make and hold stronger eye contact, patience, awareness of your monkey mind and how thoughts stray in crazy directions, focus, gratitude for the most banal and mundane things. When you really get deep into it, you can start to see the ego and recognize it as a foreign body. The disassociation of ego and self is something that I've experienced maybe only 3 times - i think they call that enlightenment. Anyways, it was fabulous and I hope to meet me there again soon.

Few notes to leave: firstly, i do meditation because science has proven that it works - I may have sounded very fluffy and spiritual with my comments from above, but I like to think I'm a very rational person: if science doesn't prove it, then I'm not on board. MEDITATION WORKS IF YOU DO IT RIGHT. This mean you have to do it daily, for a minimum of 10 min or so for an extended period of time. For faster results, 20-30 min can see cognitive benefits within a few weeks. If you don't believe me, check it out. https://theconnection.tv/how-to-meditate-what-type-how-long-how-often/. Or do some of your own research on the matter - science proves this shi, grey matter and all.

I also like to do a little bit of light spiritual reading or watch some spiritual youtube clips before I delve into my meditations. Eckhart Tolle, Jon Kabat-Zin, Sadhguru even Tony Robbins are some of my go tos. I've provided some of these guided meditations below - check out some of their other videos.

Jon Kabat-Zin -
Eckhart Tolle -
Sadhguru -
Tony Robbins (this one is long but good for morning rituals) -
Generic Guided med -

LiveHappy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 15, 2016
Texas
Here is a shorter Tony Robbins one, He does it during the UPW seminar. I've been doing it off and on in the mornings, I noticed it's more effective when I don't do it a bunch of days in a row.

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
I only recently took up meditation, I'd dismissed it as 'woo-woo' for years, but about two months ago decided to try it. I can't believe what a difference it's made. I've become more self aware, less easily irritated and I don't get angry anywhere near as often as I used to. I've still got a bit of work to do, but I'm happy with progress so far.

I've found this one pretty useful:

Hypnosis has also made a noticeable difference - I've done a couple of different ones fairly regularly, over the last couple of weeks. I'd say to anyone, give it a go, you'll be surprised at the difference it can make.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
You don't even have to plug up your ears and shut your eyes, you can also meditate while walking lol, or just focus on breathing and letting your thoughts flow.

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
You don't even have to plug up your ears and shut your eyes, you can also meditate while walking lol, or just focus on breathing and letting your thoughts flow.

Any action made can be a meditative practice. From washing the dishes, to tearing sheets of paper up.

The real question is what really is mediation.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Did you ever get rid of your phobia fully through the audio sessions?
No but I think it did help me stay more relaxed. I found some of the other phobia products more useful but perhaps flying was such a strong one for me that it was more difficult to fix fully.

Something about sitting there in an aluminium tube as it flies through the air at hundreds of miles per hour seems to violate the commandment of control...

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
No but I think it did help me stay more relaxed. I found some of the other phobia products more useful but perhaps flying was such a strong one for me that it was more difficult to fix fully.

Something about sitting there in an aluminium tube as it flies through the air at hundreds of miles per hour seems to violate the commandment of control...

Have you ever had any experience with NLP?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
dirty sock on the floor
Hmm...this is a new one. I'm not sure meditation and visualization would be a nice experience if you're concentrating on the smell of a dirty sock! lol I suppose it brings up the memory of a football players locker.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My newest meditation assistance...

"F*ck that"

:D:p:joyful:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"With each breath you take, your thoughts become lighter, and all those soul-eating cocksuckers just fall away...."

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
If you have an iPhone or even an Android smartphone, I would highly recommend checking out these two apps:
They are both awesome for guided meditation, especially if you are just getting started doing it. Headspace is climbing the app charts for top grossing in revenue, and is my personal favorite.

Bonus App:

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Hi Tribe,

I am looking to optimize myself to increase my productivity.

I have come across mediation as a great Tool to get into your best, many succesful people are using it.

I am not really into all the "Wooza wooza" new age hype, but they are way to many successful people that i admire that are into meditation.

Do you guys practice it ? What are the main benefits ?

Would you guys recommend me a great and efficient source to learn the techniques without the BS, no "namaste" and "peace and love" gurus please;)

Many thanks in advance for sharing your inputs

cheers

david

Our mind can 'be a great servant or a terrible master.

It's up to you and only you decide it.

Through meditation I found the way also check my inner voice that both breaks us the balls in various situations.

When I enter in my ROOM OF SILENCE, I enter my unknown, overcome the boundaries of myself and this gives me 'the feeling of being at the mercy of that myself that fortunately will not know' enough.

The meeting RISK with my unknown and 'what I take most' willingly.

When I meditate I approach a lot to my no man's land where I enter only who I want.

Who?

My best thoughts and beliefs.

Accompanied by a faithful servant of my will 'dog.

By meditation I go out every day with more control of my thoughts.

My most 'great treasure.

From them it depends on the quality 'of my life.

More 'background noise fades and more' control them.

At one point even my faithful servant of the will power 'dog does not need me anymore'.

should not I share with him more 'no effort to subdue and control my inner voice.

No more effort 'the will' MUSCLE'cause I replaced it with an HABIT.

The wonderful habit of talking and view MY UNKNOWN ... I think all in all ... and 'much more' interesting and adventurous than I imagined !!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
There's a whole load of nonsense surrounding meditation and mindfulness at the moment. It seems to be a buzzword for anyone looking to make some quick money too.

Anyway, it's not hard. Just sit down, cross legged or on a chair and start focusing on the breath. I use breath extensions so in for 3 seconds and out for 10. Tweak the ratios until you find something that works for you. I find apps annoying unless they're chanting/mantras or relaxing music.

And regarding Headspace - he LITERALLY is the monk who bought a Ferrari

edwardlobo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 8, 2016
If you get a chance read a book which is available for free called "who am I pdf" on Google

Anyone that charges you for meditation is not the real thing

When I was working as a CFO for a very rich man, I met sadhguru, trust me he is another fast lane millionaire with a system to make money from all this meditation stuff

In the east where meditation originated (I am from India) the real purpose was to discover yourself and stop the cycle of birth and death. No one should really be charging for this stuff, it's like air, one of the free things. No one charges you for a Christian, Jew, Muslim prayer, would you pay for a powerful prayer?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
If you get a chance read a book which is available for free called "who am I pdf" on Google

Anyone that charges you for meditation is not the real thing

When I was working as a CFO for a very rich man, I met sadhguru, trust me he is another fast lane millionaire with a system to make money from all this meditation stuff

In the east where meditation originated (I am from India) the real purpose was to discover yourself and stop the cycle of birth and death. No one should really be charging for this stuff, it's like air, one of the free things. No one charges you for a Christian, Jew, Muslim prayer, would you pay for a powerful prayer?

The reason you buy anything is because you feel unfulfilled with what you already have.

In other words people will pay for the prayer, if they think it is of value.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.