The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mastermind Groups Forming

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Alright, I am setting up a group.

People who have their own profitable business and NO JOB for at least 5 years.
8 person limit (7 more, I am taking 1 slot).
Internet based or B&M business.
$1,500.00 buy-in, money will be pooled and used to get services that can benefit the group, i.e. webinar software, maybe a tech/VA for the group, we will decide after first couple of meets. You leave the group, you leave your money. 4 misses in 12 months you are out. We will discuss if an annual "renewal" fee makes sense toward the end of the first year. (if this is too expensive for you, sorry)
Every other week, Monday afternoons US East coast time. 10 minute group hello, 10 minutes minimum for each person to discuss an issue that they need help and thinking on.
March 31st 1:00pm Eastern will be first meeting (subject to change)
Every 8th (or however many members we get) call you will be responsible to fill the remaining 30 minutes, with either a concept presentation, guest speaker, software review, strategy session, etc.
I will provide a server that we can load up with open source software to help the group.
I would like the group to at least consider having one face to face meeting at a cheap destination each year long weekend kind of thing.

PM me with details like the following about yourself. I will keep this post updated with counts as people confirm.
My CV:
Business owner since 1998, job free since 2004.
Internet based, consumer health portal, b2b internet software development
Technical, programmer for 35 years.
Specialties: Programming/tech, outsourcing, SEO, interactive television, printing, direct mail

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
I haven't ever been in a mastermind group, but I have been in groups with a lot of dumbas*ses. I fit in pretty well there. This would be great. Speaking as a dumba*s, would it be possible to form two groups for people - one week meet with similar interests and one week with the out of the box guys? Just asking and showing my inexperience.

Here the answers to the questions:

1) Desired Frequency of Call
A) Once a Week if it worked out as I suggested above, otherwise
B) Every Other Week

2) Would you like a Group with Members in: C) See the beginning of my post - if this is not practical, I'm up for either one - and would be willing to put some skin in the game

And... Please state your area of interest. - So far I've been doing the real estate thing, but I am open to anything.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Frequency: either every week or every two weeks
Group: would prefer a diverse group so everyone has a better chance of learning from each other
Interests: Information products/publishing
I'm ok with a buy-in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I'd be interested in a monthly or twice a month meeting.

Similar Vehicle - Paper investments

My interest is around paper investing (alternative investments - option spreads) and would like to mastermind with people that have similar interests including knowledge or past experience with alternative investments, trading, finance industry (private equity funds, venture capital, hedge funds, broker/dealer, accounting, etc.).

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
@1step -- I'm definitely interested. Depending on the format, Every other week sounds good to me.

Once we get enough people, lets set up a Skype group and we can figure out the specifics

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
Thanks for starting this thread @AroundTheWorld. I actually just read Think and Grow Rich. These mastermind groups have huge potential!

I'm looking for the really young guys. As much as I'd like to be in a mastermind with the older, more experienced fastlaners, I don't think it would work the best (for now).

1. Frequency: once a week or every other week

2. This is a diverse vehicle.

3. Area of interest: Self publishing and online business. Really any type of business is great.

The purpose of the group is:

Accountability
Brainstorming / Problem Solving
Sharing Information and Resources

We will all be learning in this group. Don't expect everyone to know the best advice for you. Also, asking questions and giving your input is vital.

Post here or PM me, and tell me about yourself! Don't be scared. I'm nice. :)

SLUSHIE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 24, 2014
Los Angeles
I just read Think And Grow Rich as well and would love to be part of a mastermind. I've been having some success self-publishing and creating a sales funnel for backend services. It's been a lonely road and I'd love to have a group to bounce ideas off of.

Once a week.

2) Would you like a Group with Members in:
Similar vehicle: self-publishing, information products, product launching, online business

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
definitely interested!

Once a week or twice a month

Ecommerce

I can contribute to the group by sharing my knowledge in SEO, building sites, building apps, and outsourcing. :)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm definitely interested.

Once a week seems perfect to me.

SaaS (software as a service) and providing advertising services.

I'm currently working in 2 of such projects, one small (to support myself) and the other which is bigger but also requires a lot more time to develop.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I'm in as well

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I'm in.

1) Desired Frequency
Weekly- Every Monday

2) Would you like a group with members in:
Internet marketing. media buying, affiliates, product creation, e-commerce, funnels and everything that goes with this.

I would like to be in/create an aggressive, intimate group of 4-6 people in this same field. We would meet once per week on Monday and hold each other accountable to taking action on those meetings. Taking action, failing with each other, learning from each other, aggressive growth, is the plan of action.

Structure could be as seen in this video posted by Z in his Golden Nuggets thread: Golden Nuggets- Tips, processes, & How To's

Buy-in: Enough to show you are serious, and will stick it out. $300-$500 minimum.

PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm starting to hear about groups coming together. Woo Hoo!

If you aren't a part of a group yet, take some initiative! Find other people on the thread that look compatible, and invite them to start a group with you. You can also invite other people to participate (on or off the forum) if you feel they would be a good fit.

If it is right for them, great.
If not, then just keep at it. They may be too busy, or just not in a place that it will work for them.

Also, for those of you forming groups, keep this thread informed as to tools / tricks / and formats that are working for your group.

And, if you are a late comer but still interested, still put your name into the hat. New groups can always form.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
1) Desired Frequency

2) Group with members 5 people ( 4 + me)
Lets do a beginners group. All of you who are setting up your first business or recently launched one or if you still are trying to find a need/demand.

Only criteria is that you need to be serious, working for something and keep up with the calls. 3 missed calls and your'e out.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I am in!

ANSWER: Once a Week

ANSWER: Similar or diverse vehicle.

My business is in the local niche search/online appointments for 2-sided markets (connecting consumers to local businesses) and I have a strong interest in Ecommerce

Areas where I may be able to help others: Wordpress CMS, , MySQL Database Management, Building and Securing Lightning Fast Virtual Private Servers & SEO and more, mostly technical and some marketing related items.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Sorry let me be more specific.

ANSWER: Once a Week

ANSWER: Ecommerce/dropship, Saas, Various Service and informational related websites

I have experience with domain names and ecommerce websites...also I am a full time SEO strategist and lawyer (by education only) if that makes anyone feel better lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd recommend using the "Meetup" forum, tagging it as a Meetup, and then PREFACE the thread with the MasterMind focus.

For example: MEETUP: Mastermind Group Forming: ECommerce

or

MEETUP: Mastermind Group: Self-Publishing

Probably be a more efficient way to group everyone in their preferred focuses.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Definitely interested

Sort of depends on timezone - if it's at an odd hour for me then less frequently!
I'm on GMT (until daylight saving kicks in then GMT+1)

A) Once a Week
B) Every Other Week
C) Once a Month

Any of the above can work for me.

A) Ecommerce - but doesn't have to be.

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Count me in:

I'm okay with:
B) Every Other Week
or
C) Once a Month

A) Ecommerce

I'm at the early stages of sourcing a product to brand and sell online, I'm looking at both domestic and international importing. I've also purchased a dropship website in a separate niche.

Greyson F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 8, 2013
Years ago, I participated in a fastlane forum mastermind group

This is similar to Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" philosophy that discussed the infinite intelligence brought about harmonizing two or more minds into a single goal. It's actually quite incredible how it works, and I definitely think that innovating with another creative machine running on the same project can not only output more ideas, work, and publicity, but can also can help correct and improve everyone's ideas, perspectives, and intelligence about everything in life.

Three guys. One is a programmer, one is a marketer, and the other works as a hacker. I'm just a normal guy with a will to win, but with us four combined towards a common goal, I (A normal guy) now have parallel intelligence with a programmer, marketer, and a hacker because they all act as living assets to my passionate desires to create a fastlane business system.

I definitely encourage you to read about Henry Ford and Andrew Carnegie, two very wealthy and intelligent men that utilized the "Mastermind Principle" and drove (haha, Fords) their way to a successful business using the skills and help from other people.

Food for thought,

Greyson

p.s. I'm in, just give me information at greyson_fullbright@yahoo.com

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
It IS Napoleon Hill's term we're using when we use the term "Mastermind" ;-)

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
I'm wanting to mastermind with 2-3 others interested in a SAAS product, I am the sales/marketer with many years in IT. I am seeking others with more of the tech/programmer/developer skillsets and maybe even another solid marketer. I am in the Eastern US time zone, North Carolina. I'm looking to build a partnership as well as a mastermind group. Not looking for newbies.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Once a week or every other week.

YouTube, video production/sales

HD_edacity

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 12, 2013
Toronto
A support system is key, I'm in! :

We could do:

A) Once a week <- preferred

or

B) Every Other Week

2) Would like a Group with Members in:

A) Ecommerce/ sourcing products and/or supplements. I'm interested in both.

I've already brought one product in but it's not really off to a great start, hoping to get some accountability going to really light a fire and start pushing myself to do more each day.

anthonylau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Nov 5, 2013
Asia

Once a week or alternate week in a month

2) Would like a Group with Members in

Ecommerce/Information system

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
1) Desired Frequency

2) Group with members 5 people ( 4 + me)
Lets do a beginners group. All of you who are setting up your first business or recently launched one or if you still are trying to find a need/demand.

Only criteria is that you need to be serious, working for something and keep up with the calls. 3 missed calls and your'e out.

Definitely interested

1) Desired Frequency

2) Group with members 5 people

should i pm you?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Alright, I am setting up a group.
People who have their own profitable business and NO JOB for at least 5 years.
8 person limit (7 more, I am taking 1 slot).
Internet based or B&M business.
$1,500.00 buy-in, money will be pooled and used to get services that can benefit the group, i.e. webinar software, maybe a tech/VA for the group, we will decide after first couple of meets. You leave the group, you leave your money. 4 misses in 12 months you are out. We will discuss if an annual "renewal" fee makes sense toward the end of the first year. (if this is too expensive for you, sorry)
Every other week, Monday afternoons US East coast time. 10 minute group hello, 10 minutes minimum for each person to discuss an issue that they need help and thinking on.
March 31st 1:00pm Eastern will be first meeting (subject to change)
Every 8th (or however many members we get) call you will be responsible to fill the remaining 30 minutes, with either a concept presentation, guest speaker, software review, strategy session, etc.
I will provide a server that we can load up with open source software to help the group.
I would like the group to at least consider having one face to face meeting at a cheap destination each year long weekend kind of thing.
PM me with details like the following about yourself. I will keep this post updated with counts as people confirm.
My CV:
Business owner since 1998, job free since 2004.
Internet based, consumer health portal, b2b internet software development
Technical, programmer for 35 years.
Specialties: Programming/tech, outsourcing, SEO, interactive television, printing, direct mail

Have some commitments, may slide to Tuesday or Wednesday, still every other week. This is going to have some serious JUICE. This is the ADULT table, let me know if you want a seat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.