The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing guidance

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy777E

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 8, 2018
Hi All,

I have an app ready (not android or iOS) in a niche platform(#1 tool in its Category used by Fortune 100 to smaller companies)
Clients will be normally companies who have some presence of IT in their company.
My goal is sell the app free or paid but eventually get some client interactions.
Long term goal is to provide services in same skill set in which app is built(lot of other work happens in same tool). I am equipped with technical side and ready.

Few challenges and guidance I need:
1) App listing needs certain investment (which is fine). But also Platform company needs certified developers on payroll and few more prerequisites. My certification currently in renewal process and may take a month.
2) In mean time I have started reaching out by emails to clients for 'IT Services" focused on tool.Keeping in mind size of my company I am targeting only smaller clients for now.
I have day time contract as well. I am looking options on how to get help on 'cold calling' ,marketing in a very professional way.
Doing it on my own has few challenges 1) Daytime contract(kinda job) 2) Accent

I appreciate any suggestions!!.
Thank you very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Well you're still in very early stages. What I would do if I were you was to tap into your own personal network and see who is out there that can actually use your product.

Focus on your first 10 'clients' free or not. Then you can ask them for feedback and how to improve your app. If you don't even have a minimum viable product you have no chance with an investor so get a MVP and get 10 'clients' to try your app.

Andy777E

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 8, 2018
Thank you jpanarra! I tried to reach out but no response yet!
Will try to reach out to more contacts!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Thank you jpanarra! I tried to reach out but no response yet!
Will try to reach out to more contacts!

How are you reaching out to those contacts?

Do you even know how to start a marketing plan? Make a Customer profile? SWOT Analysis?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy777E

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 8, 2018
How are you reaching out to those contacts?

Do you even know how to start a marketing plan? Make a Customer profile? SWOT Analysis?
Since they were my previous clients - I just emailed.
Since I got no response - looks like I need better plan. Any suggestions ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.