The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help and guidance with the taillight tinting marketing and scaling.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Yash Mishra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2023
so I've started doing taillight tints and it is going well as I do 2-3 cars on a weekend but I need help making it bigger and getting more customers, there is a limited amount of teenagers in my area that do it and there is high demand which I've found through research and joining many different communities.

I've thought about doing a marketing course or joining something along those tracks, but then realised they are not going to teach me anything that i cant figure out from just doing it myself and this will be better for me in accordance to absorbing information and how to actually grow businesses when i reach that stage.

so far for marketing all ive got is:
- join as many communties as i can and provide my service
- create a website and spread that through existing clients via word of mouth.
- create a QR to stick around the neighborhood
- to go to car meets and other car enthusiast meetups and network and also let people know about my service

i was wondering if there is anyone here that has done something similar and found specific things that helped him grow in terms of marketing. i do not want to spend money unless necesarry but am willing to put time in as this is not something i look at doing as long term and just want to learn basics of growing a business before i execute my plans.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fold

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 12, 2023
Australia
I don't think most people know what taillight tinting even is, so try putting up a tinted taillight picture with your QR. I won't be able to give you marketing tips, but I believe providing a picture is going to make a lot more people scan the QR.

Yash Mishra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2023
I don't think most people know what taillight tinting even is, so try putting up a tinted taillight picture with your QR. I won't be able to give you marketing tips, but I believe providing a picture is going to make a lot more people scan the QR.
good idea, thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest050x2

I did detailing for a bit. The few cats I know that tint introduced taillight tinting as a part of their tint packages. After they spent a year or so half-a$$ marketing it (e.g. doing the work for people and letting their work "market"), they were able to offer it as a standalone service.

That said, your QR code idea is solid, but my biggest recommendation is going to be something you already pointed out: network with car clubs, car groups, car enthusiasts, etc. These people can put your business on the map overnight, assuming your work is clean.

Cheers.

Yash Mishra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2023
I did detailing for a bit. The few cats I know that tint introduced taillight tinting as a part of their tint packages. After they spent a year or so half-a$$ marketing it (e.g. doing the work for people and letting their work "market"), they were able to offer it as a standalone service.

That said, your QR code idea is solid, but my biggest recommendation is going to be something you already pointed out: network with car clubs, car groups, car enthusiasts, etc. These people can put your business on the map overnight, assuming your work is clean.

Cheers.
Awesome, thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.