The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing Agency Procedures

Marketing, social media, advertising

SirGeorge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 18, 2014
Hello future or already made millionaires,

I have been building my experience in Digital & Offline Marketing and I am now at a point where I can onboard some companies who want me to handle their marketing. Mostly social, email newsletters, some blog posts etc.

What I am missing are procedures and reports. What and how do I send them analytics and reports? What kind of reports do I send them? Or how do I send them the planned social media calendar? Does any have any resources or tips on these?

Appreciate any assistance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
Hello future or already made millionaires,

I have been building my experience in Digital & Offline Marketing and I am now at a point where I can onboard some companies who want me to handle their marketing. Mostly social, email newsletters, some blog posts etc.

What I am missing are procedures and reports. What and how do I send them analytics and reports? What kind of reports do I send them? Or how do I send them the planned social media calendar? Does any have any resources or tips on these?

Appreciate any assistance.
Sup' SirGeorge :)

I hope you're really well, and awesome job on getting going.

Your reporting will most likely depend on the nature of your service. Is it bespoke to each client, or more evergreen?

The reason I ask is that we find that each client wants different levels of reporting, from "I don't care, just get me an ROI", right through to live reporting of all necessary metrics. It really depends on how marketing savvy your clients are in regards to what they will want to see, and how regularly they will want to see it.

For our clients we have developed our own dashboard that allows for an easy view of all channels (Google, Bing, Meta, Snap, Reddit etc etc) so they can go in and pull reports as and when they wish, and tailor the reports in whichever way they like.

Some leave the dashboard open so they have real-time stats, and others never log in...

Your reporting will differ depending on the platform - for example, if you're running email campaigns for a client then they are most likely going to want to know open rates, click through's, unsubscribes etc

There's a bunch of software out there that can help with reporting, but in most cases you'll have everything you need on the platform you're using (i.e. MailCheat(Chimp) <god forbid> haha for email campaigns, or Meta for push ads). Then you can just run a report and send it to your clients.

Lastly, we find doing a weekly or biweekly strategy call with our clients allows everyone to be on the same page. This is a great way to ask your clients what they expect and need so you can adhere to them.

Hope that helps!

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021

Ela

Freelance Web Developer and SEO Expert
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 21, 2022
India
Yes it’s depend on your service you offer and the client expectation.

Understand the client needs before so you can give them what they want.

I used mostly google sheets and word doc with links for my clients SEO reports. Which is easy for them to use and go through. Don’t want them complex things with new tools.

Just keep it simple, easier to understand. Also I used give option for them to call me if they need any help on the report. So it will ease the communication between us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.