The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufacturing china and USA

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Due to C0VlD-19. Since china manufacture for all over the world. The USA is stil not back to its feet and it’s going to take awhile before it does. The logistics is backed from containers on ports parked; California to Miami. No workers, at factories…..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
So, what's your point?

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
The point is there’s a demand. And it will take time to go back to normal like 2019?? Do u need more explanation…

Dude who cares.

What is this, some kind of propaganda?

If you want cheap labor China isn't even it anymore. Africa is the last "gold coast" you could say.

China will end up surpassing America in manufacturing power but until they defeat the Fed somehow, will never succeed US as dominant world superpower.

They're doing work on truly becoming sovereign from the system, with the string of pearls strategy, they have their own central bank, nationalistic peoples, strong border security and stringent property ownership regulations.

Also, they get to sit back and tell the U.S. about it's "human rights violations" while they genocide an entire people out of existence. Must be nice.

Regardless, I don't see China being much of a threat, more so than they already have. The real threat is unpatriotic capitalists, but then again, it's hard to blame them when the government is so corrupted by... unpatriotic capitalists.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The point is there’s a demand. And it will take time to go back to normal like 2019?? Do u need more explanation…
It's not going to go back to "normal". I saw this with Japan in around 1990. They never have recovered financially from that melt-down. China is making the same kinds of mistakes-- only worse. That's why the Chinese are saber-rattling right now. They have SO much corruption in their system. Their national posture is to look weak when they are strong and look strong when they are weak. And that's the clue as to where we are.
No one knows how many bad loans their banking system is holding for their state-owned businesses. Some experts are estimating up to 40% are non-performing. While the US took the bitter pill around 2008 in our banking system, they just shuffled that bad paper around. It's a lethal cancer for their monitor system. Those loans just get rolled over rather than being paid off. Worse, they are growing bigger and consuming their banking system from within.
They just "nationalized" all their flag-ship businesses to suck the money out of them. That is an act of shooting themselves in the foot as a nation. The state has proved that they are only good at losing money -- not making it. It is obvious in their banking system. But, they needed the money right now. So, they must prop up their banking system. Their national debt is crushing right now. They are putting everything they've got into their military. And they are looking at Taiwan because of that island's position in the semiconductor business. I guess that they figure it's now or never to invade Taiwan... thanks to Biden.
They sure don't want Trump or his shoo-in back in office in 3 years. That's the greatest gift that Trump gave the US. He turned public opinion in the US and around the world against China and exposed their misdeeds. They went from being the world's cheap labor force to being a rogue junk-yard dog. The truth about how they treat their people is not very pretty.
China's master plan was to overtake the US by 2050. They are behind the pace of their plan. And then Covid hit the world. They tried to deflect the blame, but that's not working out well for them. They are ending up looking like the sloppy neighborhood bully of the world rather than a slick mastermind. This is particularly evident in the short-term profit-taking on the back of Covid and current shipping rates.
I could rattle on my analysis, but I think I'll go make myself a cup of tea...

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
It's not going to go back to "normal". I saw this with Japan in around 1990. They never have recovered financially from that melt-down. China is making the same kinds of mistakes-- only worse. That's why the Chinese are saber-rattling right now. They have SO much corruption in their system. Their national posture is to look weak when they are strong and look strong when they are weak. And that's the clue as to where we are.
No one knows how many bad loans their banking system is holding for their state-owned businesses. Some experts are estimating up to 40% are non-performing. While the US took the bitter pill around 2008 in our banking system, they just shuffled that bad paper around. It's a lethal cancer for their monitor system. Those loans just get rolled over rather than being paid off. Worse, they are growing bigger and consuming their banking system from within.
They just "nationalized" all their flag-ship businesses to suck the money out of them. That is an act of shooting themselves in the foot as a nation. The state has proved that they are only good at losing money -- not making it. It is obvious in their banking system. But, they needed the money right now. So, they must prop up their banking system. Their national debt is crushing right now. They are putting everything they've got into their military. And they are looking at Taiwan because of that island's position in the semiconductor business. I guess that they figure it's now or never to invade Taiwan... thanks to Biden.
They sure don't want Trump or his shoo-in back in office in 3 years. That's the greatest gift that Trump gave the US. He turned public opinion in the US and around the world against China and exposed their misdeeds. They went from being the world's cheap labor force to being a rogue junk-yard dog. The truth about how they treat their people is not very pretty.
China's master plan was to overtake the US by 2050. They are behind the pace of their plan. And then C0VlD hit the world. They tried to deflect the blame, but that's not working out well for them. They are ending up looking like the sloppy neighborhood bully of the world rather than a slick mastermind. This is particularly evident in the short-term profit-taking on the back of C0VlD and current shipping rates.
I could rattle on my analysis, but I think I'll go make myself a cup of tea...
@WJK
Absolutely right. Current shipping rates is crazy in USA. Logistics, ups made couple billion 3 months they increased their rates. My point is china dominated the world if we USA, wanna get back to normal it will take time. But regardless china is manufacture of everything you have in your house.
what I was saying as an entrepreneur you have a chance of making money. Supply abd demand in USA logistics to products.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Dude who cares.

If you want cheap labor China isn't even it anymore. Africa is the last "gold coast" you could say.

China will end up surpassing America in manufacturing power but until they defeat the Fed somehow, will never succeed US as dominant world superpower.

They're doing work on truly becoming sovereign from the system, with the string of pearls strategy, they have their own central bank, nationalistic peoples, strong border security and stringent property ownership regulations.

Also, they get to sit back and tell the U.S. about it's "human rights violations" while they genocide an entire people out of existence. Must be nice.

Regardless, I don't see China being much of a threat, more so than they already have. The real threat is unpatriotic capitalists, but then again, it's hard to blame them when the government is so corrupted by... unpatriotic capitalists.
@Disciple96
Dood no one cares yes?? But whether you like it or not china is every product in your house or clothes. They dominate and will dominate. If the USA doesn’t start getting their manufacturing their own: is a problem as a consumer the price will go up.
As an entrepreneur you can take advantage of the shortage of supply and demand. Who cares about china and the world.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
@WJK
Absolutely right. Current shipping rates is crazy in USA. Logistics, ups made couple billion 3 months they increased their rates. My point is china dominated the world if we USA, wanna get back to normal it will take time. But regardless china is manufacture of everything you have in your house.
what I was saying as an entrepreneur you have a chance of making money. Supply abd demand in USA logistics to products.
The tide has already turned against China.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
@Disciple96
Dood no one cares yes?? But whether you like it or not china is every product in your house or clothes. They dominate and will dominate. If the USA doesn’t start getting their manufacturing their own: is a problem as a consumer the price will go up.
As an entrepreneur you can take advantage of the shortage of supply and demand. Who cares about china and the world.
The prices are going to go up any way you slice it. And that's an advantage for anyone who starts manufacturing here in the USA. it levels the playing field. By using robotics, re-shoring can work financially.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Dude who cares.

China is already doing a great job of undermining the US financial system as well as the US political system, sadly.

Time will tell if our American “leaders” can figure it out before it’s too late.

Everything has been done in such a Machiavellian way. But when you look at the whole picture, ultimately the last several years give you a significantly weakened US and a strengthened China (and Russia).

To top it all off, you have a lame duck administration and a commander in chief saying things like “xi and Putin believe autocracies are the way forward” and questioning democracy.

—-
Anyway, American fastlaners could be the heroes by manufacturing those goods that were previously coming from China.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
China is already doing a great job of undermining the US financial system as well as the US political system, sadly.

Time will tell if our American “leaders” can figure it out before it’s too late.

Everything has been done in such a Machiavellian way. But when you look at the whole picture, ultimately the last several years give you a significantly weakened US and a strengthened China (and Russia).

To top it all off, you have a lame duck administration and a commander in chief saying things like “xi and Putin believe autocracies are the way forward” and questioning democracy.

—-
Anyway, American fastlaners could be the heroes by manufacturing those goods that were previously coming from China.
I think we already have figured it out. We've been here before.

And yes, people with our mindset can start manufacturing stuff here again. I think we will build back in a different way. I think that the key to manufacturing will be robotics that will use a lot less manufacturing space.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
American fastlaners could be the heroes by manufacturing those goods that were previously coming from China.
There are at least some that have succeeded in reshoring. I wrote about such a case among the many posts I have made about reshoring since I first raised the subject in 2014.

Here is what I wrote in August this year:
"It's important to view the wider picture. I posted about offshoring starting to be reversed as far back as October 2014.

In the interim, many US companies have sold the family jewels (their brand name and logo) to Chinese manufacturers. That is not offshoring it is betrayal of their loyal customers, who were unknowingly buying lower quality Chinese made products bearing their trusted brand.

I still grumble about buying sub standard Stanley products MADE IN CHINA. GRRRRR.

At the same time, reshoring has gathered pace, and I am now pleased to see big US companies returning production to the USA. The Covid pandemic led to a realization by the public and corporations that over-reliance on supplies from distant countries was a bad idea.

Supply chains were too stretched, unreliable, and delivery times too slow when essential life saving items took a month or more to arrive. Even then those US companies that had greatly boosted profits by offshoring could not meet their regular customers' needs.

A sense of urgency has now been evident in some board rooms and steps taken to right what was (with hindsight perhaps) a serious wrong. More and more US companies are opening factories again. Foreign investors are also putting their money into US production facilities.

Many jobs have been opened up, exceeding 2019 estimates by 50% to around 160,000 .
A great example of how successful reshoring has been is Craftsman, which is now owned by Stanley Black & Decker. They have manufacturing plants in 14 states, with two more in the pipeline.

So all is not doom and gloom, but I expect it will be a long process to get the economy back to a reasonable position."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Today I posted another update on the PLUS ONE STRATEGY, which is even more important now. See:

CHINA PLUS ONE STRATEGY

It can involve reshoring, but also starting up a new manufacturing business in the US, or other Western countries. It also means that buying from countries closer to home can save time and money on logistics. A lot of people would be happier to see Made in Philippines, Made in Mexico, Made in Turkey, Made in Estonia etc., than Made in China on their goods.

You get the idea.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.