The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making a social media app to get to the fast lane

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

zair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 4, 2020
I dropped out of one of the best computer science schools in the world, Carnegie Mellon University two years ago to teach myself web development. Long story short, I fell into a deep depression and was not able to learn anything on my own. I am 22 now and re-enrolling in my local college for Computer Science and starting from scratch now.

Before I can hit the fastlane, I know that I'll need some marketable skills. I'm great at customer service, so I know that sales would be up my alley, but I know I also need a hard skill to market myself with. Therefore, I am going to graduate with a computer science degree and learn web development and mobile app development on the side. I intend to use my skills to make a web app that connects people together in a way that Facebook does not. I also intend to do it fully on my own.

I know. Sounds like too much to bite off. But I'll get there gradually. I am simply going to make a website and then convert it to a mobile app. If I can do that even if I fail, no doubt I will get a secure job in the slowlane.

Nice to meet you all again. I made a new account to stay in touch with you guys. Hopefully this time I learn from all my mistakes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Just make sure you get it on github for your resume

Please SEARCH before posting.