The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

REMINDER: The Fastlane Forum Isn’t a Normal Social Media App.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
This has been said many times by others. Including MJ.

The fastlane forum is NOT a normal social media app. You can’t just post zero value posts. You can’t just whine on here like a baby.

The fastlane forum was a choice from MJ, because he wanted to help others become free from the shackles.

Your access to this forum is a privilege, not a right.

Its been said many times, but sometimes it’s not clear enough.

You can, and will be banned for posting low value/offensive posts

If you post dumb shit, you will get banned.

Almost everyone here has had atleast one stupid post, I have a few.

But if others point it out to you, listen.

If you can’t listen to others, you won’t be a good entrepreneur.

People come on here and these peoples trajectories get changed from others. Because they have the ability to listen to others.

It’s the same thing as listening to your market.

If you make a completely shit product and put it out there, receive bad feedback, how will you see it?

Will you quit and move on? Sometimes it’s good to do that, something @luminis_
Shared on my progress thread.
just keep in mind that most people will suffer from "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality and hop off too early. When in reality, the grass is greener where you water it

The compounding effect takes TIME to kick in, so try not to short-circuit it by hopping in and out of markets. Stick it out for a few months and then make a decision…

Will you see it as constructive advice? Will you change your product around that?

Or will you just put in sound cancelling earplugs and not listen?

Most people on here have made low value posts, got constructive advice and learnt from their “market” (the forum).

High Value/Well Written Posts/Questions Attract High Value Responses.

This has been proven more times than I can count.

Here’s a good example, the topic is asking how to get your first sale. (These are examples by me)

Thread #1: Got My Product Up, How Should I Go About Getting Sales?

Hello everyone, if you have read my progress thread, you may know I’m starting a company. If you haven’t, you can read it Here.

My niche is X, my product is Y, and I’ve gotten proof that there is a need in the market.

I’ve seen zero activity so far, and I’ve been stumped.

Does anyone have any experience on X niche or launching X type of products? Do you have any advice on how to get my product out there?

Anything would be nice, and thank you everyone.

-SomeCoolGuyWroteThisPost

Or Thread #2: how do I get sale?

ive gotten my product up and im wondering how to sell.anyone know what do to

(Thread to read from MJ)
IMPORTANT! - Forum tip: Better questions get better answers.

Which one do you think would attract someone who has good value to add to this forum? What about repel them?

Few tips when navigating the forum:

1. Use the search function above to find a thread that might have your problem solved already by a post. You could even search by the user's name as well.

2. Post relevant replies by actually reading the person's post and then reply (Don't forget to read the rest of the replies before posting your answer already. Might not hurt to post yours anyway.

3. Do make sure you actually read the books, before posting questions that the books may have already answered. So it doesn't make you look like an imbecile or who hasn't read the books.

4. Don't ask questions on whether or you should do something. Go to the marketplace and perform the action instead and just see how they react, then post up your results of how well what you did went.

Just, on behalf of the forum, please think about posting something. If you cannot, you’ll be put under moderation. And the fastlane forum isn’t a normal social media app, it’s for people who have a purpose in life, and who thrive for a better earth, so if you help and keep this forum clean of low value posts, you’ll be doing us a favour.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
If anyone is wondering what type of behaviour gets negative feedback, here are a few examples please do not add anymore comments to these.:

I’m kinda done with the forum
Turn the Fastlane Forum Into Social Media
Love What You Do
Unscripting From a Scripted World
Finding My Passion

And there are many more. What’s related all of these together? It’s all from the same user.

He refused to listen, kept filling the forum with threats, childish behaviour, and more. Leading to his account being terminated.

He plugged in those noise cancelling earbuds.

Here are some threads you can learn from (see how the OP writes, adds whitespace, they’re tone, etc)

(Credit to these people for these great threads)

Take Ownership of… By: @Black_Dragon43
Your Steps Too Short - Leadership Story By: @Andy Black
How My Attitude Towards Leadership Held Me Back.. By: @BizyDad

There are many, many great threads from these users, and many other users.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Are you a mod now?
Doesn't look like it, I don't see a "Moderator" tag. The forum allows you to reply to threads, it's more like a community than social media. (just threads)

It's not social media in terms of aspects of how you see posts on Twitter and Instagram. You know the girls on Twitter who say "GM, say it back." Or the photo-infested pictures of good-looking girls. One that says she wants to run a business, but yet gambles and acts like a bit of a child. Not here to make fun of people and how they use their brands. Talking about "Crypto, NFTs, and Web 3.0".

It just seems that Social Media turns people narcissistic and not caring about others. (Not everyone is like this though, you do find a dime a dozen people using Social media for good uses like Noah Kagan or Kara Goldin or even MJ himself.

For here, the forum provides value to people's lives. The content alone is golden, you can easily search for a thread for a problem you are facing, find someone who might have been in a similar situation as you before, or even ask questions regarding your situation. However, when posting a question do make sure you take their advice into consideration and apply it. I've made this mistake in the past and never acted upon such as Moving.

1. Use the search function above to find a thread that might have your problem solved already by a post. You could even search by the user's name as well.

2. Post relevant replies by actually reading the person's post and then reply (Don't forget to read the rest of the replies before posting your answer already. Might not hurt to post yours anyway.

3. Do make sure you actually read the books, before posting questions that the books may have already answered. So it doesn't make you look like an imbecile or who hasn't read the books.

4. Don't ask questions on whether or you should do something. Go to the marketplace and perform the action instead and just see how they react, then post up your results of how well what you did went.

5. Live your life, the forum will always be here, but don't hang out on the forum everyday (this could even go for mods). Your life is precious, the forum will exists even beyond your time. The clock is ticking, the sand hourly glass is slowing dripping away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Are you a mod now?
No, just trying my best to try to help others.

Doesn't look like it, I don't see a "Moderator" tag. The forum allows you to reply to threads, it's more like a community than social media.

It's not social media in terms of aspects of how you see posts on Twitter and Instagram. You know the girls on Twitter who say "GM, say it back." Or the photo-infested pictures of good-looking girls. One that says she wants to run a business, but yet gambles and acts like a bit of a child. Not here to make fun of people and how they use their brands. Talking about "Crypto, NFTs, and Web 3.0".

It just seems that Social Media turns people narcissistic and not caring about others. (Not everyone is like this though, you do find a dime a dozen people using Social media for good uses like Noah Kagan or Kara Goldin or even MJ himself.

For here, the forum provides value to people's lives. The content alone is golden, you can easily search for a thread for a problem you are facing, find someone who might have been in a similar situation as you before, or even ask questions regarding your situation. However, when posting a question do make sure you take their advice into consideration and apply it. I've made this mistake in the past and never acted upon such as Moving.

Thank you Zack, I changed the title to “the fastlane forum isn’t a normal social media app”

And I’ll add that to the first post, thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.