Apollo_Rampage
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 22, 2014
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$115
$115
User Power: 233%
A quick back story - I managed to build a six-figure (mostly automated) online business from scratch, quit my 9-5 job in 2010, been traveling all over the world in search of new experiences whilst attending personal development seminars.
However now it seems I'm facing a different type of problem all together having hit this new level of "paradigm".
For some reason, it seems I constantly need an overhaul / level up in lifestyle to pressurize me into taking further action. Frankly, it drives me crazy!
Right now, at the age of 28 having technically "retired" with my cashflow far exceeding my expenses - A new sense of aimlessness looms over me.
Similar to MJ, I decided to leave the wet weather in England and embarked on an adventure I'd never forget (when I felt the most ALIVE than ever before)...
So I booked a flight to Spain as a social / working experiment...
Not knowing anyone, not speaking the language, no girlfriend, no connections, my goal was to harness the social dynamics I'd learned over the years, and the personal development / influence strategies from Tony Robbins / Bob Broctor to see what social circle and life I could create out of nothing in a brand new city.
The results were nothing short of extraordinary, in 6 months I'd managed to pick up a new language, make some incredible friends from all over the world, met a gorgeous model-like Spanish girlfriend (hottest I'd ever been with in my life).
Typically was socializing 3 times a week, whilst maintaining my online business by the beach most days in between my workouts in the sun - Literally was living the "laptop lifestyle" everyone dreams of.
THEN, that feeling came back again...
I started to feel I wasn't growing anymore, I began missing my family in England, bizarrely even the cold bitter days.
I felt like I had no "structure" to my life. Living out of a suitcase at a random apartment in the sun is great, but when you don't have a base to go back to / work from it can be really unsettling.
Also the culture, sun, and Mediterranean lifetsyle is so "laid back", that I felt my desire to continually succeed, work on my business and contribute begin to diminish.
So yes despite being in paradise, amazing weather, eating fantastic food, meeting new people, cost of living being far less than it otherwise would be in London (being able to invest the difference)... I flew back to England.
I'm now back at home arguably in a worse situation than when I had embarked on that adventure.
One side is telling me to rent in one most classy expensive parts of London, England. Literally to purposely scare the daylights out of me with a new financial liability, and to force myself into taking my fastlane online business to the next level.
Yet the other half of me wants to take the more financially "fastlane" decision of buying an property in a lesser popular area (with the cash flow saved from my digital business) and use that as a base, even though the lifestyle associated with more affordable properties outside of London doesn't excite me at all.
Great problem to have I know - But has anyone been in this situation before, having succeeded and accomplished their dreams, then thought "Wait... Is this ALL there is?!".
I realize everyone has different values and goals, although I'm intrigued...
How would you move on from this point onward?
However now it seems I'm facing a different type of problem all together having hit this new level of "paradigm".
For some reason, it seems I constantly need an overhaul / level up in lifestyle to pressurize me into taking further action. Frankly, it drives me crazy!
Right now, at the age of 28 having technically "retired" with my cashflow far exceeding my expenses - A new sense of aimlessness looms over me.
Similar to MJ, I decided to leave the wet weather in England and embarked on an adventure I'd never forget (when I felt the most ALIVE than ever before)...
So I booked a flight to Spain as a social / working experiment...
Not knowing anyone, not speaking the language, no girlfriend, no connections, my goal was to harness the social dynamics I'd learned over the years, and the personal development / influence strategies from Tony Robbins / Bob Broctor to see what social circle and life I could create out of nothing in a brand new city.
The results were nothing short of extraordinary, in 6 months I'd managed to pick up a new language, make some incredible friends from all over the world, met a gorgeous model-like Spanish girlfriend (hottest I'd ever been with in my life).
Typically was socializing 3 times a week, whilst maintaining my online business by the beach most days in between my workouts in the sun - Literally was living the "laptop lifestyle" everyone dreams of.
THEN, that feeling came back again...
I started to feel I wasn't growing anymore, I began missing my family in England, bizarrely even the cold bitter days.
I felt like I had no "structure" to my life. Living out of a suitcase at a random apartment in the sun is great, but when you don't have a base to go back to / work from it can be really unsettling.
Also the culture, sun, and Mediterranean lifetsyle is so "laid back", that I felt my desire to continually succeed, work on my business and contribute begin to diminish.
So yes despite being in paradise, amazing weather, eating fantastic food, meeting new people, cost of living being far less than it otherwise would be in London (being able to invest the difference)... I flew back to England.
I'm now back at home arguably in a worse situation than when I had embarked on that adventure.
One side is telling me to rent in one most classy expensive parts of London, England. Literally to purposely scare the daylights out of me with a new financial liability, and to force myself into taking my fastlane online business to the next level.
Yet the other half of me wants to take the more financially "fastlane" decision of buying an property in a lesser popular area (with the cash flow saved from my digital business) and use that as a base, even though the lifestyle associated with more affordable properties outside of London doesn't excite me at all.
Great problem to have I know - But has anyone been in this situation before, having succeeded and accomplished their dreams, then thought "Wait... Is this ALL there is?!".
I realize everyone has different values and goals, although I'm intrigued...
How would you move on from this point onward?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
